PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review 06/09/10 to 14/09/10 - long

Dragongirlx
09-23-2010, 04:52 AM
My twin sister and I returned from a wonderful trip to WDW last week and here are the reviews of the dining.

Crystal Palace - Breakfast
This was ok. My sister and I don't eat loads so buffets are really good value for us but we love pooh bear and friends. The food was warm but not hot and pretty much standard buffet fare. Characters were good though and tigger did try to eat my sister's head which had me in stitches.

Le Cellier - Lunch
Gorgeous food. I highly recommend the duck three ways for a starter. Sis had the cheddar cheese soup which is gorgeous but filled her up so much she couldn't finish her main course- shaved prime rib sandwhich. The bit she did eat was lovely though. I had the strip steak which while yummy wasn't the best steak I had on this trip. Service wasn't great which our waiter vanishing for quite a lot of the time and the place was very crowded.

Yak and Yeti counter service - lunch
I had the honey chicken which was gorgeous. Sis had the salad which she said was ok but she isn't that keen on aisian food.

Hollwood brown derby - lunch
Fabulous restaurant. I had tuna tartar - yummy but needs more tuna to start and Sister had the salad with the midnight moon goats cheese - very delicious. For mains we got fillet of beef (this was the best) and the salmon. the beef came with the most lovely polenta.

More to follow below

Dragongirlx
09-23-2010, 05:05 AM
here is the rest

Plaza - lunch
I had forgotten how small this place is but still lovely. I had a burger and Jeni had the chicken burger. Both were lovely but the fries that came with weren't hot enough and got cold quite quickly. Couldn't manage a dessert but some of the ones people were having around us looked great.
Coral reef - Lunch
The restaurant itself was lovely. We weren't seated at the tank but could see it quite well and enjoyed the dolphins coming and playing while we were eating. Our waiter was very odd. He kep coming over and talking at us but we got the impression he wasn't listening to the replies. Kept telling us how fresh the fish was. Nearly asked him how scottish salmon could be so fresh when we were so far away from Scotland but refrained from doing so.Had the appetiser for two to start. Crab cakes (yummy), Prawns (can’t doing anything bad here) Beef skewers with polenta (Jeni didn’t like the sauce on the beef but we were fighting over the polenta) and lobster soup – a tiny cup. I loved the soup my sister hated it. Sis had the rainbow trout and I had the grilled mahi mahi. The fish was fresh but the seasoning was poor. I liked my rice but sis had a pile of beans that was just too much. To drink I had the abyss vodka, rum, blue balls and pineapple juice (yummy yummy yummy). I have to make that one hear.my sister had a pina colava – rum, pina colada mix and raspberry puree. She loved that too.

Narcosses - dinner
This is a lovely restuarant. Our waitress was a bit odd. I think it was the end of her shift and she was very tired.I had calamari to start which was very tasty and very fresh. Jeni had a baked camembert which was ok but a bit sweet. Spicy tuna for a main with sticky rice which was very lovely and Jeni had steak which was also good.

1900 park faire - breakfast
This was our last day and our last ADR.Food was quie nice standrd buffet stuff. my sister tried their famous strawberry soup and I had a spoonful but we didn’t like it. The characters were great. There was pooh bear, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter. The best was Tigger he was so interactive and was making everyone laugh. First he stole the coffee and pretended to drink it then her acted all shy when Jeni rubbed his nose. Then he danced with both of us and squashed me flat in a hug before moving on to the next table where he decided he need to rub the mans baldy head for luck before creeping upon a women in the next table and jumping on her making everyone laugh. Tigger made the whole meal special.

We did eat some morecounter service as well and it was good as always but two places stood out for me. Yakitori house - this was lovely and I could eat here all the time. I would love the recipies for all the food. The other place was the fish and chip shop in the British pavillion. I have eatern here before and hated the food finding it nothing like the fish and chips we get here however this time it was much improved and I would eat it again. Now if we could just get htem to put out some scottish brown sauce I would be a happy girl.

SBETigg
09-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Ruth, great reviews, thanks! I had a weird waitress at Narcoossee's, too. She wasn't bad, just a little off. I wonder if we had the same one.

2MuchWDFun
09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the great reviews, sounds like you had a great time. I love your "Fresh" Scottish fish observation!:D
Gotta love Tigger--it always amazes me how much can be communicated with no spoken words. :tigger:

yjgirl32
09-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Great reviews- thanks for sharing.

beksy
09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for posting these...I love reading reviews!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the reviews:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reviews! I love Yakitori too! We have a meal there every trip. :thumbsup: