PDA

View Full Version : Our Honeymoon Trip (Sept 6th - DAY 3)

Pop Centurion
09-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Day 3 we went to DHS arriving around noon. We never really eat at the CS restaurants there but I had looked at the menu for Fairfax Fare before we left for our trip & noticed it looked good. For the life of me I don't know why when the day came I mistakenly thought we wanted to go to the Backlot Express but I did. So I told my wife to meet me there while I headed for FP's for TSMM. Got there & they were all distributed for the day. :(
So I continued on to the Backlot Express & wondered why the menu didn't have the stuff I seen online (what a dummy) So we both ended up getting the grilled Turkey & Cheese which turned out to be pretty good.
After lunch we rode Star Tours. I decided to video through the line & on the ride since this was the last time we will ever ride this version & wanted to be able to look back someday & reminisce.
Did a few more attractions before heading over to the Animation Studio to meet Lotso. The line wasn't very long at all. When we finally got up there he was bigger than expected. It was hilarious because after we got our pic taken I said "thanks Lotso" and he gave me this huge smothering hug & wouldn't let go. Hahaha, something funny about seeing a 39 yr old man getting hugged by a giant teddy bear. :) I'm glad the photog managed to catch it so we can laugh about it when we show our friends.
After that we watched the BATB stage show which we haven't seen since our '99 trip. I'm disappointed that we waited this long to see it again because it's a good show.
After the show we made our way towards the other side of the park again since our dinner ressie at Mama Melrose was getting close. We ended up having to duck into the Muppet's shop because it started pouring pretty bad. About 10 mins before our ressie we did a quick run out of the shop into Mama Melrose since it's right next door.
This is another thing we hadn't done since '99 but this time because we didn't like the food then but decided to give them a second chance.
I got the seafood fra diavalo & my wife got the chicken parm. The food was definitely better than before but coming from an Italian family & being used to good "gravy" I couldn't help but be picky. Mine was good but when I tried my wifes, the gravy was bland & a little too acidic. But in all fairness it wasn't bad, just not as good as mine ;)
Other than that the service was just okay. I'm guessing it was because our ressie was just before closing. nothing really to complain about though.
After dinner we threw our ponchos on & headed for TGMR & by the time we got off the rain was gone.
After that we checked the line for TSM & it was down to 40min since it was EMH's so we decided to get in line. This was our first time through the queue line & the Mr Potato Head animatronic wasn't running.
After that we headed down Sunset Blvd so my wife could do RnR & ToT which I won't do. :blush: That's when I realized it was Fairfax Fare we were supposed to have lunch at.
She was on & off the rides pretty quick so we browsed the shops then headed for the bus back to Pop, calling it a night.

yjgirl32
09-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

RedSoxFan
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Bummer about not being able to get FP for TSM.
Sounds like you had a great day, though.:mickey:

faline
09-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Too funny about the mix-up in dining loctions!

Glad you were able to get on Toy Story Mania but I notice you didn't mention your score on the this ride?

2MuchWDFun
09-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Another great day! I love the relaxed, go-with-the-flow attitude you and your wife have. It is the best way to tour the World.

Hopefully the next time you get on TSMM you'll get to interact with Mr.P. Faline is right--why didn't you mention your score? Hmmmm.

Joannelet
09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
uh oh!! did you lose on TSM? LOL
I am great at Buzz but I cannot play TSM for the life of me. I am wondering how you did?....
I had to buy it on WII to practice. It was killing me that my hubby beat me really bad every time on that one. Hopefully with enough practice I will win next time!
Glad you figured out that you had chosen the wrong TS service. Now you have another reason to go back.
Great report!

Pop Centurion
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Hahaha, na I didn't lose on TSM. I didn't win as big as I do on Buzz but I still won. I have the complete Walt Disney World 2009 book & it gives you pointers on where to shoot for the most points but I haven't really looked it over that much. I'll definitely study it for next year though.
She did think she would beat me though since last year we went back & fourth with wins on it. She almost pulled it out at the end but she has bad wrists from Carpal Tunnel surgery years ago so they started aching her at the end when you have to pull the string fast for points. She didn't really complain but I can tell they were bothering her.
Thanks for all the responses.

KylesMom
09-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Funny about the lunch mix-up - at least at the end of the day you realized you hadn't totally lost your mind!

Good day at the Studios, including the man-hug by Lotso. Bet that was amusing! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks for sharing:mickey: