PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Do - Am I going to be embarrassed?

azcavalier
09-22-2010, 10:24 PM
We will be at HDD, with my DW's entire family, on my 38th birthday. I know that my wife knows this. As this is a dinner AND a show, and the show is somewhat interactive, do they regularly do things to people who are there celebrating? Are they going to ask, "Who has a birthday today?" I just want to be prepared if i'm singled out at all.

kakn7294
09-22-2010, 10:52 PM
It's been 17 yrs since I was there but they celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, and honeymoons (it was ours). I'd expect a little attention.

AllDisney
09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
That's half the fun:thumbsup:

beksy
09-23-2010, 08:36 AM
They do go around and announce who is celebrating something but it is not done in an embarrasing way. One of the actors just comes up and announces who you are and what you are celebrating. Nothing to be concerned about. Have a great trip--we love Hoop Dee Do!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2010, 09:39 AM
I do remember them asking but it wasn't anything over the top, so you should be okay:mickey:

CU Tiger
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
If you raise your hand when they ask if you are celibrating something, the CM from the stage will come over to you and ask where you are from and what you are celibrating. The sing happy birthday, but it is for everyone with the birthday and not just you. They do not embarrase you. If you are uncomfortable with attension, do not raise your hand.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I have been to 3 times. I would not be concerned.

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
It is not embarassing if you are actually there celebrating something...

Two years ago, the last time I went to HDD, my friend ordered a cake for us.. We were a party of 7... He told them we were celebrating friendship.. Anyway, they brought out the cake and one of the performers came over... Next thing we know, the spotlight was down on our table... The girl performer was asking what we were celebrating, and we couldn't answer... My friend told her "we are celebrating good friends" and she looked at us like we were crazy... All the while the entire room was staring... I never felt so embarassed in my entire life... They move the spotlight away from our table and I said "Well that was embarassing." The female performer said "Yea it was." We did have a good laugh about it afterward, but at the time, I felt like putting my head in the sand...

mouseketeer mom
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
You might be embarrassed! We have gone to two Hoop de doos, most recently 3 days ago. I was picked on the entire show by Six bits, a character in the show. he flirted and cracked jokes all night aimed at me, and the female dancer chose my DH for her antics. THEN, to make it worse, I was picked to go on stage and be a can can girl, costume, dancing and all. Oh boy. Thats all I can say. And our first hoop dee doo, my DS was picked to go on stage and be this little cowboy person. So, if you get chosen, sometimes you really get chosen...Not to mention the BD thing. They did spotlight me and announce my age to the entire audience. Oh boy again!!

floridamom
10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
You might be embarrassed! We have gone to two Hoop de doos, most recently 3 days ago. I was picked on the entire show by Six bits, a character in the show. he flirted and cracked jokes all night aimed at me, and the female dancer chose my DH for her antics. THEN, to make it worse, I was picked to go on stage and be a can can girl, costume, dancing and all. Oh boy. Thats all I can say.

Yep, pretty much the same story for me, too --about 3 years ago. Female performer got up close and personal with DH, then I had to do the can-can thing. It wasn't related to us celebrating us anything--I think it had more to do with the fact that we were sitting in the front row...