PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii 5-0

Melanie
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Book 'em Danno!

I never watched the original, but loved this first episode. Scott Caan - :thumbsup: and glad to see Jin from Lost.

The scenery is gorgeous! Glad it's filmed in Oahu and so many of the places were familiar to me. Loved the scenes at the USS Missouri at the beginning with the governor.

Anyone else watching?

big blue and hairy
09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Grew up watching the original. I like the new version so far. I'll be watching.

:sulley:

Carol
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Watched the original - LOVE the new version. I'm having trouble making the transition with Scott Caan and Entourage -- especially since the new season just finished. I like him -- but need to adjust. :D

Two words ------- Alex O'Loughlin :fan: :faint:

Melanie
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I've never seen him (Alex) before Carol, but I liked him. The comedy and family issues with Danny really won me over though. I don't watch Entourage, and only really know Scott from the Ocean movies.

jillluvsdisney
09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I just finished watching it.

"What kind of cops are you guys?"
"The new kind"

LOLOLOLOL

TheDuckRocks
09-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I was surprised......I really enjoyed the new version and the back story made sence. From the previews I was confused about the helicopter blowing up jeeps. There is crime in paradise but not that! Loved seeing so many familar places on Oahu, but it did make me homesick.

Carol
09-23-2010, 07:34 AM
I've never seen him (Alex) before Carol, but I liked him. He was in 2 series back-to-back the past 2 years on CBS but they just didn't catch on. Moonlight & Three Rivers.

He was also in the Back Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez.

I think their persistence in casting him has finally paid off with a hit. :fingers:

MNNHFLTX
09-23-2010, 09:44 AM
I couldn't stand the original series--as a kid, I thought it was boring (but I did love the theme song, as we used to play in pep band!) I was surprised at how much I like the new series though, especially seeing Alex O'Loughlin and Daniel Dae Kim again. And it's even fun to see James Marsters again, even though he plays a bad guy.

RedSoxFan
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I watched it and enjoyed it very much.
I will be watching again!!

2Epcot
09-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I watched the original as a kid, and enjoyed the new version of the show. I hope it makes it, I've been running out of good dramas to watch.

tinkwest
09-24-2010, 11:41 AM
I was impressed from the beginning when the title intro followed the original shows' intro so closely.

1DisneyNut
09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
We watched about the first 20 minutes and it was all we could stand. Changed to a different channel and watched something else. I was looking at the ratings for the new tv shows and it was reported that a significant portion of viewers dropped Hawaii Five O as we did after the first 30 minutes. It will be interesting to see if they pick up any new viewers or more drop off next week. I may give it another shot but I think its just not my type of show.

Dopey's Girl
09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Two words ------- Alex O'Loughlin :fan: :faint:

Couldn't have said it better myself! He's just about the cutest thing ever!

I liked the show enough to add it to the DVR list! It was fun to watch, and I was sad when it was over for the night!

IloveDisney71
09-25-2010, 06:00 PM
He was in 2 series back-to-back the past 2 years on CBS but they just didn't catch on. Moonlight & Three Rivers.

He was also in the Back Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez.

I think their persistence in casting him has finally paid off with a hit. :fingers:

I'm a huge fan of Alex O'Loughlin and watched Moonlight and Three Rivers. I didn't really like Three Rivers and stopped watching it after the first few shows but I did enjoy him in Moonlight. I was excited to see them giving him another shot in another series. Maybe the third time will be the charm. I never watched the original Five-O so I have no "emotional ties" to it but my DH loved that show and refuses to watch this one because he just "knows it will be lame"-his quote. I really liked it and will be watching it again next week. :thumbsup:

alphamommy
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
I loved the original, but forgot the new one when it premiered until about 15 minutes in. I liked it, but will give it a few more chances before I pass judgment and add it to the DVR.

CBS rebroadcast the pilot last night, so I was able to watch the opening. I was worried that they'd mess with the theme song, but it was great!

NotaGeek
09-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Oh how I love me some Alex O'Laughlin. WOW WOW WOW.

I have this recorded, I know I am gonna like it.

Melanie
09-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Oh how I love me some Alex O'Laughlin. WOW WOW WOW.

Wait until you see him in his Navy dress uniform. ;)

Can't wait for the new episode tonight. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
09-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm looking forward to it too, Mel. And another thing that struck me about the show was how stunning the cinematography was (of course, how can you go wrong in Hawaii!)

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm a big fan of the original and while skeptical of all the CBS hype I have to say so far so good! :surfing: :thumbsup:

brownie
09-29-2010, 07:21 AM
I saw this week's episode and liked it. I'll be tuning in again.

mainemajor
10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Love the new one. Realize how corny the old one was