PDA

View Full Version : *gasp* You don't want to know!

PinkTink
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
So, this is my question - how many calories (and if you happen to know - fat and sugar) are in the chocolate covered Mickey Mouse ice cream bars they serve at the parks? :bar:

I know - I probably don't want to know... But, my mom and I are trying to eat healthy this next trip. We were wanting to find out about this ahead of time so we know how much of one we can have. :) We know we won't get to eat a whole one but at least it's something... maybe...

Joannelet
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
If you look online there are healthy eating tips all over the place for eating at WDW :)

Some sites are varying about what the caloric intake is on the bars....I saw one site that said 600! That was the highest that I saw. However I think they are over 350 calories a piece.

diz_girl
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Dietfacts.com lists the nutritional information for Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar as:

330 calories
Fat - 22 g (14g saturated) - or 60% fat
Sugars - 28g
Protein - 3g

If you're only having one during your trip, then go for it. However, I'd avoid having one every day.

vicster
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
OMG - glad I only had one. Maybe the strawberry bars would be a better choice.

big blue and hairy
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
OMG - glad I only had one. Maybe the strawberry bars would be a better choice.

They sell sugar free strawberry bars and they are pretty good!

:sulley:

Suz36
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
There is no calorie counting on vacation!!

Mickey'sGirl
09-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Food shaped like :mickey: is ALWAYS calorie free! :bar: That's what I've been told.

vicster
09-23-2010, 08:33 AM

So true but I'm paying for it now with tight pants! LOL

Goofy4TheWorld
09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
...However, I'd avoid having one every day.
I thought you had to eat at least one daily or they wouldn't allow you to exit the park? Right??? :D

So true but I'm paying for it now with tight pants! LOL
I always assumed that the Florida heat shrank my clothes, just like drying them shrinks them at home....:D

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
With all the walking I do while on vacation, I eat what I want and end up losing weight.... Averaging about 8 -9 miles a day, I believe my calorie intake (even w/snacking) doesn't support the calorie burn each day. So, my diet consists of - :marg::wine::popcorn::bar::papple:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-23-2010, 10:12 AM
wait, it appears I drink more than I eat!! :D

AllDisney
09-23-2010, 10:34 AM
We end up lighter after our vacation at WDW.
I think it's because we around like kids when at the parks:blush:

Dragongirlx
09-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I just got back and was completly off my healthy eating plan while there however I did lose weight. I put it down to all the walking I do when I am there.

Mitzie
09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Ignorance is Bliss

BrerGnat
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Calorie wise, these things aren't THAT bad.

It's the saturated fat amount that is scary...that's a day's worth of that kind of fat...

:eek:

diz_girl
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Calorie wise, these things aren't THAT bad.

Exactly. About 1/2 cup of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food is about 320 calories. So a mickey bar isn't bad at all. It's just that when a snack item is about 15% of my total daily calorie intake, I use caution. I mean, I still need room for that key lime creme brulee at Narcoossee's.

#1donaldfan
09-24-2010, 12:32 PM

Amen !!! Why count 'em ?? Vacations are for fun and eating all the things you can't eat normally !! What harm would overeating a bit during vacation in sunny, hot Florida do ?? We probably walk most of it off anyway....!:cool:

Gator
09-24-2010, 05:05 PM
What a terrible thread. I'd hate to see you on a cruise. We'd never get through the buffet line. Besides, just one loop around World Showcase will burn off all the snack you pick up along the way.

PinkTink
09-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the info - that was very helpful! Wasn't as much as I was expecting - sweet!

I realize that the walking will burn quite a few calories. We just don't want to trip up on our vacation - or lose too much of the healthy eating habits we've worked so hard to gain. We'll definitely have our splurges though - my dad booked the Wishes Dessert party - looking forward to that! :cloud9:

And Gator, I shall try to remember to give you advance warning should I ever set foot on a cruise ship. :D

crltkcagle
09-25-2010, 08:10 AM
LOL Thats cute!

Food shaped like :mickey: is ALWAYS calorie free! :bar: That's what I've been told.

plutosnana
09-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Tell me about it!
:)

:goofy:

1EeyoreFan
09-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I started watching my calorie intake in hopes of shedding a few lbs. before our Nov. trip. Then...WATCH OUT F&W fest!!!
:thedolls:

debandbub
09-25-2010, 11:33 AM
PinkTink, I applaud you for trying to do pre-planning and stick with the good food habits you are forming! I am doing the same thing- I eat healthy 90-95% of the time, so I am not a completely unflexable person when it comes to treats. My thing is- if i can get it at home, it's not a big deal and not worth breaking my good habits for. Now something special that can only be had at Disney World is different, and I will make room in my eating plan for that. I have successfully kept off 30+ pounds for years and feel great, not deprived at all. Keep up the good work! I'm pulling for you!

AdventurerKim
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM

Nothing counts on vacation! :) All the calories you injest on vacation remains at that vacation destination! I thought everyone knew that. ;)

garymacd
09-27-2010, 02:26 PM

I always believed in the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy when it came down to food on vacations! :secret: