PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews 9/14-9/21

dobby2010
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
In post-Disney depression so thought I'd relive my trip by reviewing dining for you all.

9/14 - Biergarten Dinner
I thought the atmosphere was wonderful and the food was decent. Though I could have eaten a meal simply of their pretzel rolls, so good! Loved the entertainment.

9/15 Universal, ate at Three Broomsticks of course, and it was awesome. They have it very well organized and handled a lot of people very quickly. The ribs and chicken were wonderful as was the butterbeer!

9/16 Tony's Town Square
This is a tradition for our family and I know Tony's doesnt usually get great reviews but I love it. Probably my favorite restaurant at Disney. I had the mozzerella basil flatbread and chocolate cheesecake both of which were excellent. Love that it is quiet and cool in here, and had excellent service from our waitress Laura.

9/17 Nine Dragons
This I probably would not come back to. The food was ok, but seemed like I could get similar offerings from Panda Express for a lot cheaper. Also didnt like how close the tables were and they sat people literally inches from us even though the restaurant was mostly empty.

9/18 California Grill
I thought the meal was decent but not worth the prices, would not go back unless I was on the Dining Plan again. Had to wait a half hour after my reservation time which was a bit annoying, also was very very loud. I would expect a quiet, romantic meal for the prices and location. The only reason I would go back was the view of the fireworks right outside over magic kingdom, which made it worth it for me.

9/19 50's Prime Time
I thought the food was excellent, we had the fried chicken and meatloaf. Expected more from the waitress, guess the atmosphere depends on who you get. Loved the theming, and milkshakes were to die for. Too much food for a hot sweaty day made me feel slightly ill after, but it all tasted good!

9/20 Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
Thought the buffet was excellent, many choices and all tasted great. Saw all the characters fairly quickly which was nice. Loved the unlimited juice they give you. Service however I thought was sub-par but probably depends upon the server.

Hope this helps you all out in your dining planning!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the reviews

sassy2000
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I have wanted to try to Tony's for some time now but have not had the opportunity yet.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

beksy
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the great reviews! We enjoyed Tony's and Prime Time too and had a similar experience with Tusker House. I also agree with the Cali Grill review. We were just expecting more...we liked Narcs a lot better. Can't wait to go back in 8 days!