PDA

View Full Version : Getting in to BV / BC / YC at 7 months

andywicks
09-22-2010, 08:58 AM
We just booked at VAKL for July next year which is one of our home resorts! I really want to transfer this and get in at the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht club... what are the chances and does anyone have any tips (except phone exactly 7 months out!)?

We are going for the cheapest room for this trip - standard studio!....:mickey:

greengeen
09-22-2010, 10:20 AM
It's pretty unlikely that you will get a standard studio at BWV (the lowest points), they are hard to wrangle even for BWV owners. If BWV and BCV aren't available at 7 months you can wait list. Your chances of getting BWV are a lot better than BCV.

MarkC
09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
We decided in February to go in mid-July (13-17). We were waitlisted for BCV but were able to get a studio only a month or so later. I was pleasantly surprised, so it does happen even at peak times, and even with only 3-4 months to go. No guarantees but there is reason to be hopeful. Best of luck.

Aurora
09-22-2010, 03:11 PM
No one can tell you your exact chances, but anecdotally people have been pretty successful at getting in at the Boardwalk through the waitlist. If your stay isn't that long, you may have an even better chance. That said, we've waitlisted for the Boardwalk in June for an 8-day stay and have gotten it, then added other family members just a few weeks before leaving, and they also got in.

Seasonscraps
10-04-2010, 02:31 AM
We are have an 80% success rate at getting a room at the BWV including 5 nights this month during the F&WF inside the 7 month window.

waggles02673
10-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I called on Fri (exactly 7 months) and was able to switch to a 1 bedroom standard view at BWV room for my trip in May. MS said all room categories were available. Have friends that were able to get into a standard studio at BWV 7 months out this past August.

dixielandings
10-09-2010, 01:02 PM
In my experience, the best thing to do IS call on the first day. Then get on the waitlist if necessary. I don't think there's any magic to it.

I called on the first day of the 7 month window and was stunned to get a whole week at the BWV (our home is SS) albeit in a one-BR but still...

THEN we got a view upgrade! So now we have a 1-br with a BW view during F&W and Halloween week. All this to say, it is possible...

lovin'fl
11-23-2010, 07:54 PM
We have stayed at BWV twice and have our points at OKW. The first time was a Sept. trip and we called around, but not exactly, at 7 months. The second trip was a July 4 trip and we called a few weeks into the 7 month window and tried to get BCV and couldn't, but could get BWV. We want to go in August and will call exactly at 7 months this time and as soon as they open. I really want BCV, but will take BWV if need be.

laprana
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure how hard it is to get into BCV or BWV in July at the 7-month mark, but I just wanted to give you some hope! :mickey: We called at the 7-month mark and switched our reservation from AKV to a 2-bedroom at BCV for our trip in late May/early June, so it can be done! When I called the CM said that there was a lot of available inventory at BCV for that time frame, so hopefully you will have the same luck for your July trip! :thumbsup:

WRWDisney
11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Well, to give you hope, I just booked a BWV one bedroom, standard view for 5 nights in the third week of June. I did call right at the 7 month mark, but was able to get it with no problems. You'll never know till you call MS. Good luck:thumbsup: