PDA

View Full Version : Surprising my Wife

AirlineGuy07
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
My wife and I will be at Disney in May to celebrate our 10th anniversary and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of something special I can surprise her with. She is all guilty of leaving the kids at home with the grandparents. They have already been there numerous times so I wanted a special trip just for us. Something special that she will remember for a long time. I was thinking about a massage at one of the spa's but if someone else has an ideas I'd like to hear it. Thanks!

WDWCrazyKaren
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
You rock! You guys will have a ball, and I love that you want to surprise her with a little something.

Now, this is just me, personally. I've never had this done for me, but I KNOW I would love it. You can order Cinderella's glass slipper to be delivered to your wife. I've heard folks have had it delivered to their rooms, and I've also heard that it can be delivered by a server at a restaurant.

No matter what you choose to do however, have an amazing time, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

vicster
09-22-2010, 09:35 AM
While this isn't exactly "romantic" we did the Segway tour at Epcot last week and it was a blast! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

BugeyedMuggy
09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
My DH booked a carriage ride and the driver presented me with a tiarra & glass slipper on a bed of carnations. He also had a bottle of champange & glasses to toast our anniversary. It was very romantic.:heart::hug:

Mousemates
09-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Be sure to mention the fact that its your ten year anniversary on all your reservations (both dining and accomodation), we did it for our 25th two weeks ago and were treated to lots of complimentary desserts, appetizers, etc...and often found pixie dust sprinkled on our table.

A special treat might be a late dinner at the California Grill timed to coincide with the fireworks of Wishes...we did this and it was a wonderfully romantic evening.

brivers222
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I am taking my Fiancee to CRT on our anniversary night... I may have to look into the Cindy glass slipper deal.

Its hard to plan anything when she will be right by my side the entire time lol

GrumpyFan
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
My wife and I have been several times without the kids and we absolutely love and enjoy our time there without them, it's just such a different pace, as long as you both can "let go of them" and enjoy your time with each other. The best advice I can give you is to take your time. Leave the parks and go have a meal at one of the nearby hotels, take a ride down the Sassagoula River at Port Orleans to Downtown Disney, or vice versa and just enjoy some relaxing time.

Also, check out Romance at Romance at WDW (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) which has some great suggestions for how to enjoy the world with your significant other. Something we did several years ago on an anniversary trip was to get the bride and groom hats. Everybody congratulated us as if we had just gotten married, when in truth it had been a few years. We felt a slight tinge of guilt, but reasoned it away with the fact that we never really had a honeymoon, so we called that trip our honeymoon. It was a great trip that we'll never forget.

azcavalier
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
We just went four our 15th. We had "Happy Anniversary" buttons, and had "pixie dust" at many tables at dinner, but were never offered anything complimentary.

I did, however, present her with a diamond anniversary band. She really liked that.

disney1026
09-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I would like to first say that as a married woman who loves Disney, I think it is so great that you are trying to create a special memory for your wife :thumbsup:

If you want to shed out some money, I have a few suggestions. Dinner at Victoria & Alberts, An evening boat ride on Bay Lake to watch MK fireworks, dinner at Jiko (AKL).

Other, not as pricey thoughts - having flowers in the room when you arrive, presenting her with a small token of your affection in front of Cinderella's castle at night or the fountain in FutureWorld Epcot, and evening stroll through World Showcase that ends with dinner in San Angel Inn.