PDA

View Full Version : Lighter and smaller!

Briansmom
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
We are leaving in two and a half days for our next trip to WDW and I am so very excited. But besides the 'normal' reasons for being excited, I have one other reason.........see, this time I will be lighter and smaller than the last time we were there 17 months ago.....91 pounds lighter to be exact, that I have lost over the last year. I am excited to experience our special place in a way that I haven't in over 25 years. Just wanted to share this excitement with fellow Intercotees because I knew you would understand! The only thing I am nervous about is ALL THAT FOOD! :mickey:

Georgesgirl1
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow! That is an amazing weight loss! Congrats and have a great time!

Disney4us2
09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Wow... that is fantastic. What is your secret??? Have a fun time on your trip:mickey:

Briansmom
09-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow... that is fantastic. What is your secret??? Have a fun time on your trip:mickey:

Thanks! I've been doing Weight Watchers...started with the At Work program Aug2009 and did it for two rounds, then started going to the regular meetings back in April. Having friends and family doing it with me has made ALL the difference in the world. :)

cather74
09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Congrats! :number1:

Ed
09-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Super congrats on such impressive weight loss! :thumbsup:

Enjoy the trip, but watch out for those :bar: :bar: and stick to the :popcorn: .

:D

cer
09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
What an amazing accomplishment! So happy for you! :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
09-22-2010, 07:41 AM
WOW! I hope you have a wonderful trip. Don't worry about the food, you'll be walking that off while in the world; it's when you get home that you have to watch out for. :blush:

gauvin4
09-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Hooray for you!! :thumbsup: That is awesome! Hope you have a fantastic trip. :mickey:

TheVBs
09-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow!! Congratulations! :thumbsup: It took me 2 years to lose a little over 25lbs. Don't stress about the food on your trip! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
What an accomplishment--congratulations! Just think how much easier all the walking at WDW will be after losing all that weight!

diz_girl
09-22-2010, 10:19 AM
That is awesome! Enjoy your well-deserved trip.

brivers222
09-22-2010, 10:19 AM
awesome job!!! I think i found a great portion of your weight, so you can thank me in advance lol :D

I am way more than I was in '06 but i am working on dropping some lbs, just not a ton for Oct 9th.

But, that is totally awesome for you... enjoy!!!

As for the food...just remember you are lighter and you are walking a ton... not to mention you will have an extra bounce in your step with some swagger

princessgirls
09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
That is AWESOME!!!

Enjoy your trip!
Julie:mickey:

dnickels
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Great job! :thumbsup:

My brother has dropped over a hundred pounds in the last year and a half with two easy steps: eat less, exercise more. Hope your good work can be an inspiration to those around you as well!

RedSoxFan
09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Congrats. That is awesome.
Have a great trip.:mickey:

Briansmom
09-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks to you all for your well wishes and magical thoughts!!

One and a half days and counting... :woohoo:

Dulcee
09-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Congrats! That is amazing!

You might be surprised how much more your lighter self will enjoy your time at the world this go around.

Don't stress about food just keep being the responsible self you've obviously created over the past year.

JanetMegan
09-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow congrats! I am thinking of joining next week after my mom had success over the summer with the online program. She ate what she wanted to pretty much the whole trip and only gained a pound with all the walking! We just got home yesterday!

crazypoohbear
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
that is fabulous!
You must feel so proud of yourself.
You must be so thrilled not only going to WDW but with a whole new wardrobe how awesome.
You are an inspiration.
I just starte WW 2 weeks ago and have many many pounds to lose. I was feeling depressed today (weigh in) as I only lost 1.5 lbs. this week. but after reading this I am inspired again.
Have a great time and remeber that Disney restaurants have appropriate portion sizes.
Try to avoid the fast foods if possible and walk!
I am so happy for you.:number1:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
That's fantastic! I'm sure with all the walking you are going to be doing, you should be able to splurge a little and still maintain. Have a fantastic trip.

Briansmom
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I just starte WW 2 weeks ago and have many many pounds to lose. I was feeling depressed today (weigh in) as I only lost 1.5 lbs. this week. but after reading this I am inspired again.

Please don't feel depressed about 1.5 pounds....that is GREAT!! That is really all they recommend that you lose each week...whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP! Sounds like you are doing great so far! I had been on a plateau for the last month and a half and you just have to keep plugging through those times....sometimes LIFE happens and it's ok! Surround yourself with supportive friends and family and you would be surprised at how much that helps!! Good luck and keep up the good work!:yay:

...nine hours 40 minutes......omg...I'm so excited (and exhausted!!) :joy: Thanks again for all the great support!