PDA

View Full Version : How sad is this? We've never done TSMM

WDWCrazyKaren
09-21-2010, 04:11 PM
This will be our third trip as husband and wife, and 5th trip since TSMM has arrived for me. We've never done it?? How weird is that? That is basically our one and only goal this trip. The other 7 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 14 seconds are just gravy....

diz_girl
09-21-2010, 05:15 PM
If this is your goal, then you need to read the below thread. It is the seven tips for dealing with rope drop & TSMM. Good luck.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166380

2MuchWDFun
09-21-2010, 05:22 PM
It is a really cool ride---lots of fun. Get there at opening. This is how it went for us on our visit last December==We are a party of 3...after the rope drop we hussled over to Pixar Place. I immediately got into the fastpass line and my DH and adult DS got into the standby line. Fortunately, I got the fastpasses and met up with them outside the building while they were waiting in the standby queue.

I have read that the fastpass line can get very long-so you may want to use another strategy if the line is crazy long. I have read that others get in the standby line first (Mr. Potato Head is a must see), then once they have ridden it they'll pick up a fastpass for later in the day. You'll definitely want to ride it twice!

Gator
09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, it's not like you've missed the best ride in the world, though you would think so from some of the other posters. It's like a video game with whiplash. My kids like it cuz of the Toy Story characters, but I'd rather spend time at RnRC or ToT.

5MemphisTiggers
09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
The other 7 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 14 seconds are just gravy....

From my experience, make that the other 7 days, 3 hours, etc. etc. DW and I rode it last time we were there, and it was a lot of fun. I'd like to ride it again, but I didn't find it was worth the very long wait. I didn't think much of the queue, either. But I've got friends who are nuts about WDW, and for them it's the best ride ever.

I'm with Gator. Give me RnR or ToT.
. . . or HM

. . . or SM

John
09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, it's not like you've missed the best ride in the world, though you would think so from some of the other posters. It's like a video game with whiplash. My kids like it cuz of the Toy Story characters, but I'd rather spend time at RnRC or ToT.

Party pooper... :party:

Personally, I think you should do it. It plays to all ages - even my parents like to play it as much as the grandkids.

I think Gator is underselling it a bit. It's a lot of fun.

DizneyFreak2002
09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Party pooper... :party:

Personally, I think you should do it. It plays to all ages - even my parents like to play it as much as the grandkids.

I think Gator is underselling it a bit. It's a lot of fun.

I agree... I am a 36 year old male and I LOVE TSMM LoL... And I love RNRC and ToT too.. We can love all different types of rides.. :)

Gator
09-22-2010, 01:49 AM
I agree... I am a 36 year old male and I LOVE TSMM LoL... And I love RNRC and ToT too.. We can love all different types of rides.. :)

Hey, I like it. I just don't think it's the best ride Disney has ever come up with. And that's what I'm seeing a lot of on the boards. It's certainly not worth waiting longer than RnRC or ToT, but it often has a much longer wait. I guess I just don't get the hype.

TheVBs
09-22-2010, 06:40 AM
We've been twice since it opened and have never been on it either. With two little ones we have to limit the amount of time we're willing to wait for a ride. Hoping to ride it next year! :mickey:

ANG
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Or maybe you'll be lucky like we were and hardly have to wait in line at all! We went mid Sept. last yr and didn't wait more than 10 minutes in line.

TheVBs
09-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Or maybe you'll be lucky like we were and hardly have to wait in line at all! We went mid Sept. last yr and didn't wait more than 10 minutes in line.

That would be fabulous! :mickey:

johnO
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM
I agree with Gator. Its a great ride for sure, but IMHO, doesn't live up to the hype or the seriously long queue times..

andywicks
09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Do it! You'll be hooked - its really addictive (and popular!!) You need to get there at park opening if you can and get in early before the fast passes go... Grab a fast pass and then go in and que for the first go!:mickey:

[IMHO it is one of the best of the newer attractions in WDW and is way better than the popular "Soarin" in EPCOT, which I have always thought is massively over-rated!]

WDWCrazyKaren
09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
We are definately going to do it. But I know my DH well enough to know that he will NOT stand in line for an hour. We are very early risers and will certainly be there for rope drop. He's a runner, so he agreed to "walk briskly" ahead of me to grab fast passes. If the line isnt' TOO long, we'll stand there, but if it's over about 20 minutes, there's no way he'd get in that line. We'll just wait for the fast pass. We know that there will be a wait in that line too, so that would be long enough!

You know something though? Even if we didn't get on it again this next trip, I think we'd still be OK. :mickey: But we will.

BigRedDad
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
You are not missing much at TSMM. It is a fun and interactive ride. It is also the only family ride at DHS. The way I see it is that the more people wait in that line, the fewer there are for RnRC, ToT, etc.

AllDisney
09-22-2010, 09:46 AM
We love it. First time we waited 2 hours, & it was fun seeing all the life-sized stuff as you walked through. Next day we hurried over & got a FP that we used later in the day!

I think it's going to be a "must do" on our upcoming trip:thumbsup:

brivers222
09-22-2010, 10:06 AM
This is probably a dumb question...but what makes this attraction so much different than buzz lightyear space ranger spin?

I am just recently hearing about TSM

cer
09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Brivers222,

Well, really there is no other ride like it at WDW.

When you shoot your "gun" for lack of a better word, you can actually see the shots coming out of your gun which makes it possible to adjust your shot. And when you hit a target things happen. You may hit a rocket that shoots off and comes right toward you so seemingly close (3D) that you feel the breeze it creates as it flies by. Truly interactive!

So very different from Buzz where you don't know which little red dash is yours or if you have even hit a target.

We like it!

brivers222
09-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Ooooo okay very interesting sounding!

Fiancee isn't a "park opener" type of gal (at least she thinks from her bed in Michigan) So i may have to just pray that one day the rain keeps the people away and i can waltz right in and try it out.