PDA

View Full Version : McCrankyPants and Crazy-Hiding it From the Kids-Pre-Trip

WDWCrazyKaren
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Yup, you read that right. MeeMaw (me) and PeePaw (DH) are taking a trip to the World and we haven't told our kids we are going, let alone WITHOUT them! :thedolls: (DD has dubbed DH and I "MeeMaw and PeePaw". We know this is a southern way of addressing "grandma and grandpa". No, we are not grandparents, and don't want to be for about 30 more years, but DD has a dog, and has thus started calling us that. It stuck. )

Back to the trip: We're headed back in January, sans kidlets. We're bad, bad people. The worst. We're sneaking around like trolls making ADR's, checking flights, whispering about resorts. We stink as parents. We acknowledge this and are doing it anyway. DH and I had planned a European vacation for next fall. We've figured out that we won't be able to go, and we really need to get away. Surly McCrankyPants himself suggested Disney World. Minus Offspring. In January. Heck, I usually plan for a year for a trip, now I've got 3 1/2 months! Criminey PeePaw! Don't you know how obsessive I am? I gotta plan! :thumbsup:

We'll be at POP (again, Surly's suggestion). Never been. A little worried about crowds. Free dining. Hopper but no water park pass this year. 8 whole days and 7 whole nights. Sigh, I am twitching in my chair here with excitement, but can't tell anyone! Well, except you Intercotees. You'll listen. You may be disgusted by us, but you'll listen anyway! :blush:

I know, I know, we have to tell them eventually. :secret: Maybe wake them at 3:00AM the morning we leave, since we have to be at the airport at 4:00AM. Might be the best route to go. I'll have to make sure we do something fun for them. Maybe a big pool party at one of the local hotels for friends for a night. That should soothe the savage beast that is a 13 year old girl. :mad: Then again, maybe not.

But man, we need a vacation! MeeMaw needs her a Grey Goose Slushie :marg:, and PeePaw needs himself beer :beer:. So, it's the wrong KIND of beer at Disney, but I've given up caring about it. He'll live, maybe find a new favorite. He's said he'll drink Moosehead in Canada. Fine. Drink beer at home. Watch MeeMaw get soused. Or at least slurry. Maybe I'll trip over my own feet once, just for good measure.

Ok, no more pre-trip report. I have so much planning to do, I don't think there is any way possible I can do this all in just a mere 100 days. The burden I carry is a heavy one.

BluewaterBrad
09-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Have a couple of :marg::marg: for me!!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
09-21-2010, 04:03 PM
OMG, that slushie sounds wonderful. Have a few for me. And don't worry about the kids, they'll get over it. Have a great time and relax, you deserve it.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Your pre-trip report had me laughing. Have fun planning and have a great trip.

retiredfigment
09-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Leaving behind a 13 yr old - understandable!!!

r4kids
09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
HAHAHA love this, and to funny!! Have a great time :)

Disney4us2
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Have fun with the quick planning and have a great trip.:mickey:

faline
09-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Fun read! Enjoy your planning! However, you should not underestimate the wrath of an unhappy teenager! :thedolls:

Suz36
09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
If the pre-trip report is this entertaining, I can't wait to read the actual trip report! And we are members of the bad parent club too - we are going on a 3 day kid-free WDW getaway soon, leaving behind a 10 yo and 7 yo.

T-Belle
09-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I agree....your trip reports are going to be fun! Have a wonderful, kids free time!

KylesMom
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Ah, ever-amusing Karen's back! :thumbsup: Man, you're gonna hear it when you finally get the guts to tell the kids!

Most awesome of all is that Cranky himself suggested the trip. Who woulda thought?!!! :mickey: Looking forward to the fun that always ensues with your trips! :beer:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Ah, ever-amusing Karen's back! :thumbsup: Man, you're gonna hear it when you finally get the guts to tell the kids!

Most awesome of all is that Cranky himself suggested the trip. Who woulda thought?!!! :mickey: Looking forward to the fun that always ensues with your trips! :beer:

Carol,
I'm afraid to tell the kids! Really! I know they'll be fine, but still...seems kind of mean!

I am glad you like my trippies. I have so much fun writing them. Then again, my DH gives me a lot to work with...:D