PDA

View Full Version : How many days @MK?

Maleficent_vf
09-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Hello!

I have a friend who is contemplating her family's first (and perhaps only) trip to WDW. She has a 7 year old daughter who will just fall in love with WDW (I've done my best to brainwash her :mickey:).

She's thinking of doing 3 days - 2 at MK and 1 at EPCOT. Is this appropriate? I don't travel to WDW with kids. I could never by satisfied with just one day at EPCOT (who am I kidding, I could never survive only 3 days at WDW! :D).

Also, has a closure date been announced for MTTF?

Thoughts??

JerseyDad
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
......with a 7 yr old....2 days at MK would be enough to hit all the attractions at least once (of course....that will depend on what time of yr they're going). I like MK...and my wife would ride Pirates....12 times in a row if time permitted......but we're huge Epcot fans too...and spend at least two full days there...and at least 3 nights. I just couldn't do only 3 days at WDW....there wouldn't be enough time to enjoy it all without feeling rushed.

disneymom2000
09-20-2010, 09:49 PM
With a 7 year old girl - 2 of her three days should be at MK. EPCOT (which happens to be my favorite as well) doesn't appeal to younger kiddos. They can do Innoventions, Nemo & Friends, Crush and a couple of other rides but I have found that World Showcase doesn't interest them. I can spend a whole day doing just World Showcase. But a little girl and MK just seem to go together.:princess:

PinKy
09-21-2010, 12:44 AM
I also agree - 2 days at MK and 1 day at Epcot would be preferable if they're only going to be there 3 days.

That being said - if you're ONLY going to go to WDW once - there is an awful lot to fit into just 3 days.... and she would probably love the Studios, animal kingdom and the water parks!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
If she is really into princesses and/or the movies, I'd do MK (2 days) and DHS. or if she's into animals - AK. EP is the last I'd choose for a 7 year old. Even though there are GREAT princess interactions at EPCOT, she may not have enough rides/shows to keep her occupied all day.

brivers222
09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I love the magic kingdom and as other have said Epcot ranks pretty high up there too. I was lucky enough to book 2 mnsshp for our trip so that we can have our own "extra magic hours" at the MK...

We loaded our days mainly at Epcot due to the reports of how much construction and "tarpage" is going on in the MK.

I do think that 2 days is the perfect amount, maybe a third day written in pencil in case you miss somethings like parades or rides you really wanted to go on.

Maleficent_vf
09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I think EPCOT might be for Mom and Dad and not the 7 y/o. I would have a hard time not taking her to AK - she's such an animal lover.

Thanks for the feedback!

2MuchWDFun
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Here are my suggestions...1 1/2 days at MK, 1/2 day at AK, 1/2 day at DHS and 1/2 day at EPCOT. I think her DD would love AK--the Nemo and Lion King shows, safari, the trails to view all the animals up close, Tough to Be a Bug, etc are lots of fun for a 7 y/o. If she can swing 4 days that would be even better, or if she does 3 days then she should add the park hopper option for more flexibility.

As a first-timer--She'll have to know how to use the fast-pass system effectively. I'm sure she can count on you to share that info.

As others have noted--it really will depend on the time of year. If it's busy and/or the hot & humid time of year she'll definitely need to go for 4 days.

If she's only going once-she needs to make the most of the time she has.

Gator
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I would hit MK just one day and spend the other day at either Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. Both have really great things for kids that age. The Studios have great live shows that she'll really enjoy, including Beauty & the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I think she'd really like that.

Kairi_7378
09-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm sure no matter where they take her, she'll love it! If she is really into princesses, they might want to look into a meal at Asherkus in EPCOT.

ANG
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
I would think a 7yr old would rather go to MK for 2 days and then DHS for 1 day. I may get alot of scuff for this but even as an adult I find DHS way more exciting than Epcot.

Giggy
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
We were there for 14 days and even though the age range in our party is now 16-54 we still spent one day and two part days at MK. We had a full day there on our first day, half a day in the middle of our trip before catching the monorail to Epcot (where we had already had 1 full day also) and then another half day at MK on our last day to say goodbye before heading for the airport.

It's difficult to say what to reccomend, if their main priority is MK then spending the first and last day there and going elsewhere in the middle may work. At the same time however it seems difficult to do any of the other parks justice with just 1 day - definitely not half a day.

As such it comes down to what they want to do most with the 3 days, whether they want the main focus to be MK with a visit to one other places. In this case the second park comes down to which one appeals to their daughter msot (they all have pluses for children). Alternatively they may want to see a little bit of every park and hop.

The easiest hop is probably MK-Epcot due to the monorail as you lose less time to travelling. Therefore if they wanted a proper feel of two parks one option would be one and a half days each at MK and Epcot.

...but now I've said that I think "but what about DHS and AK?!" If you haven't guessed I'm the sort who wants to do everything at every park... including the water parks and Disney Quest. :blush:

AllDisney
09-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Since someone is taking the time to get to WDW why not stay a week? This may be the only time they go? Values are very affordable as well CS meals. You really don't have to spend a lot to get the most out of a trip to WDW.

3 days....I guess I'd do MK (day 1), DHS ( day 2) & then back to MK (day 3). 3 days would NEVER be enough for me:secret:

brivers222
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I may get alot of scuff for this but even as an adult I find DHS way more exciting than Epcot.

I tend to agree, in the past was overtaken by the amount of "rides" that disney had created since i was last there... So I was concentrating on getting all of them done and had little time to spend wandering the countries. MGM, as I only know it as lol, was my fun zone... loved everything there.

This trip however, I am going to change that up and try to spend more time checking out the special parts of disney that were hidden from me as I had my blinders on. It doesn't hurt that my fiancee isn't a big ride person so she has no interest in RnRR, ToT, MS and others.... I am going to try to break her in to some but I may not be able to lol