PDA

View Full Version : Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

darthmacho
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm regretting not having done this with the girls this past trip. Can anyone tell me about it. If I do it next time, would my eldest daughter probably from age 10-13, be too old for it? is there an age limit? What exactly goes on in there? I assume reservations are needed? If so, how far in advance? It sounds excruciatingly boring, but the results look gorgeous. I saw so many dolled up princesses during my trip, which started to make me regret not doing it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Also, does anyone want to pay for my next trip? :mickey: (Just kidding...I think.)

faline
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I know a few adults have gone to Biddibi Bobbidi. Whether your daughter is too old will depend upon your daughter. Some girls will still love it at that age; others will not.

Here's information on it. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/bbb/default.asp)

I wouldn't worry too much about having missed it on your last trip.

MickeysEars
09-21-2010, 10:46 AM
It is not boring at all. I know you think you will be sitting ther just watching your daughter(s) getting made up but it is so cool to see them excited. I hate the idea of wasting MK time doing this so we went to DD before the MNSSHP so she would be all made up for the party and in her Cinderella dress. However, there are other looks that your older daughter might like, Pop-Diva etc. We came with our own outfit and did not do the most expensive package and she STILL loved it. This time we will be doing the Pirate one, and she is excited by that, not to mention that the BBB starts at $49 and change and the Pirate one starts at $29 and change. Have fun!

plutosnana
09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Honestly Dartchmacho I think its a waste of time, and money. But if I have seen girls 13-15 all dressed up!

:goofy:

kakn7294
09-22-2010, 11:04 PM
It's been 5 years since we did this but my oldest daughter was 10 at the time and loved it. When we were there, there was an 84 yo grandma there on her birthday - so cute! It can be expensive but my girls had a great time even with the basic package. This past year, my younger DD - now 10 yo - had a pirate makeover at The Pirate League. She had a great time there as well. We did not have an advanced reservation for the Pirate League but I highly recommend one for BBB, especially if you have more than one princess who will be participating. I think it's 180 days like the dining.

darthmacho
09-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm certainly going to arrange this on our next trip, perhaps at Downtown Disney.
Thanks for all of the info. :mickey:

LovinWDW
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
This is an every trip must do for us. I have 2 girls, 8 and 3. My 8 yr old hase done it 6 or 7 times and is a different princess each time. My 3 yr old is doing it for the first time in about 3 weeks. She can't wait. Everytime we ask her who she is going to be we get a different response. It is expensive but, worth the look on their faces when they see themselves for the first time as a princess. In the summer we always do BBB on the same day as our Castle reservation and in Oct we do BBB the same day as MNSSHP. Do it! You'll never forget it.:thumbsup:

YatesMom
09-25-2010, 05:06 PM
MY oldest daughter did the makeover at MK two years ago when she was 6. Watching the anticipation on her face was awesome. The big moment was when the FGIT turned her around to face the big oval mirror and she saw herself for the first time. It was PRICELESS...
We're going back to WDW in a week with my BFF and her fam and we're going to have 4 of our girls get dolled up (the baby's only 1 so she'll have to wait until next trip)...the girls getting done up this time are: 12, Two 8 yos and a 4 yo. I think all little princesses should get the royal treatment at least once in their life. THere's nothing like walking around MK with them made over and hearing all the other guests and even most of the cast members complimenting them and calling them royalty. Last time, the captain of the boat taking us to WIlderness Lodge announced to everyone on board that a princess was amoung us that night as my daughter climbed aboard. She just glowed!! Can't wait until we do it all again!!!

Fastpasssteve
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Since your daughter is a little older, show her the options and give her the choice--that you'd be happy to do it for her...or she could have the money value to get something that might have more appeal to her...a new Disney Hoodie or something like that. Older kids like having a choice...especially when adults are always making decisions for them. But make it clear that you'd be equally happy to do either, so she doesn't feel pressured one way or another.