PDA

View Full Version : Kindani Village a possibility??

princessjojo
09-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Our home resort, SSR, is already booked for our long awaited vacation next spring. However, we are more than highly interested in trying to secure a reservation at Kindani Village for this vacation instead. We are going to book a two-bedroom savannah room :fingers:, but I'm nervous because of some of the things I've heard. I don't mind wait-listing, but would really love to have the reservations secured when I initiated the change. What do any of you think my chances are??? Do I have a snowball's chance in August of getting what we're looking for??? If not, we're quite ok with SSR, but would love the change.

Thanks for the input...

dlpmikki
09-20-2010, 03:08 AM
You should have a chance as Kidani is quite big and for some reason not as popular as some of the other DVC resorts. I thought it was wonderful when we stayed there in January. Think we got into Jambo in October before Kidani was finished too.

If you have to waitlist they will only waitlist the whole stay. the advantage to that is that if you get it you get all of it. disadvantages are that the old system of day by day while more nerve wracking led to more success.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
we too are SSR owners but, in 25 days we are staying at Kidani. At our 7 month window, we had no problem getting our ressie.

If for some reason you can't get into the 2-bedroom have you though of the Treehouses? THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!! The next time we have to stay at SSR, we will be doing the THV again, and again, and again!! We just have vowed to stay in each resort at least once. so, AKL it is. I've heard great things about AKL and can't wait!