PDA

View Full Version : Value Room at AKL

Belster
09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Hello,

My husband and I are just about to purchase at BLT...but we have a reservation already for next month at another WDW resort. We were told that getting us in wherever we want is no problem at all.

We have 8 people total and would want to save our points for next year(when we stay at BLT alone!!). We were thinking about getting a value category room at AKL...what is the big difference? Keep in mind our current reservation is at Pop Century...while I love that resort...it is a value. All I want to know is, what is the difference between that and a standard room.

Thank you in advance for your help!

faline
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
If I understand this correctly, you are about to purchase points at Bay Lake Tower. You have already booked a trip for next month and do not plan to use any of your points for this trip as you want to save the points for a trip you plan to take next year.

Your upcoming trip is booked at Pop Century but you're considering a standard view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge and are asking about the difference between the two? Pop Centery offers you to double beds. Animal Kingdom will offer you a larger room and two queens or a king. At Pop Century, you have a food court. At Animal Kingdom Lodge, you have three table service resaturants, one of which is a buffet and one quick serve restaurant. An Animal Kingdom, you also have the availability of all the animal viewing areas.

Belster
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
If I understand this correctly, you are about to purchase points at Bay Lake Tower. You have already booked a trip for next month and do not plan to use any of your points for this trip as you want to save the points for a trip you plan to take next year.

Your upcoming trip is booked at Pop Century but you're considering a standard view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge and are asking about the difference between the two? Pop Centery offers you to double beds. Animal Kingdom will offer you a larger room and two queens or a king. At Pop Century, you have a food court. At Animal Kingdom Lodge, you have three table service resaturants, one of which is a buffet and one quick serve restaurant. An Animal Kingdom, you also have the availability of all the animal viewing areas.

Yeah...my post was sooooooo confusing!! I am so sorry.

We are buying points at BLT...we were given an incentive:blush:. We do not want to exhaust all of our extra (incentive) points this trip so thought that we would use less points and book a room at AKL...cancel our reservation at Pop. So basically...just wondering what exactly a value room at AKL is....will I be dissapointed?

faline
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Okay, I get it! You are planning to use points on this upcoming trip instead of staying at Pop. You just want to be sure to save enough points for another trip next year!

My understanding is that the Value rooms are a bit smaller than the Deluxe Studios. I don't think you'll be disappointed, particularly given what you receive in resort amenities versus staying at Pop Century.

Belster
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks a bunch!! I appreciate your help!

DizneyRox
09-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Value rooms at AKL are only at Jambo House, there are none at Kidani to the best of my knowledge. They are converted hotel rooms, and are pretty limited. I wouldn't be surprised if they were unavailable.

seanyred
09-19-2010, 11:23 PM
we have stayed in a studio value at Jambo House. It was smaller but I felt it was worth saving the points. Also the amenities are way better at AKL.

Belster
09-20-2010, 10:10 AM
we have stayed in a studio value at Jambo House. It was smaller but I felt it was worth saving the points. Also the amenities are way better at AKL.

The point book says that there are value 2 bedrooms at AKL...where are these ones located?

laprana
09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Value rooms at AKL are only at Jambo House, there are none at Kidani to the best of my knowledge. They are converted hotel rooms, and are pretty limited. I wouldn't be surprised if they were unavailable.

DisneyRox is correct that all of the value rooms are located in Jambo House. There are no value rooms in Kidani at all. And, also as DisneyRox stated, there are very few value rooms and they book up fast because of the points savings they offer. If you are going to be booking at the 7-month mark, be ready to waitlist a value room!

seanyred
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
The point book says that there are value 2 bedrooms at AKL...where are these ones located?

As others have stated all of the Values are in Jambo House. And I believe all of the Values are located near the front of the hotel. We had a view of the pool. But I've heard that if you are lucky some of the Value rooms actualy have a savannah view.

Belster
09-21-2010, 09:01 AM
As others have stated all of the Values are in Jambo House. And I believe all of the Values are located near the front of the hotel. We had a view of the pool. But I've heard that if you are lucky some of the Value rooms actualy have a savannah view.

Sounds great!!! Thanks!