PDA

View Full Version : What was Horizons?

disneymom15
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
We've been addicted to Disney since 1995 (our first trip with our daughter at age 5). I, for the life of me, have no idea what Horizons was. What was it? When did it go away? Where was it located in Epcot?

faline
09-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Horizons was sponsored be GE and was located on the property now occupied by Mission:Space. It was definitely a favorite of mine. It took a look at the future and allowed guests riding to select a different outcome at the end - be it in outer space or under the sea. It was a little bit reminescent of the current choices at the end of Spaceship:Earth.

cather74
09-17-2010, 05:27 PM
It was amazing! Google it and watch the videos. It might not mean as much to you but it was very special to those of us who grew up with it. It was like Part 2 of the Carousel of Progress. Same family and everything.:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
09-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Horizons was our favorite ride. It was perhaps the best since COP. We watch the videos all the time. How sad that they closed it. I will never forgive them for that:mickey:

amorillo
09-17-2010, 08:27 PM
It was a favorite of my childhood trips! I remember riding several times in a row... just so we could try all the different endings! :mickey:

dixielandings
09-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Horizons was...

my favorite Epcot attraction.

It was something only Disney would do and I'm so sad to this day that they replaced it with a thrill ride that, these days, one could experience just about anywhere.

3Cabsfan
09-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Horizons was an attraction at Epcot that deserves to still be there! Ellen at Energy, Mission Space, and the abomination at Journey are laughable compared to what this attraction presented.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Horizons was an attraction at Epcot that deserves to still be there! Ellen at Energy, Mission Space, and the abomination at Journey are laughable compared to what this attraction presented.

While I agree that Horizans was much better than these three attractions, I think that if any attractions was to be pulled so that Horizans could live again it should be Sounds Dangerous. Hopefully there is already a plan in place to switch it out with something actually cool and fun.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-20-2010, 11:15 AM
And obviously im getting old because Sounds Dangerous is at DHS and not EPCOT. Kindly disregard last post from me. :(

Still Horizons should live again, it was amazing.

brivers222
09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
where in epcot was Body Wars located?

BrerSchultzy
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
where in epcot was Body Wars located?

Body Wars was (and technically still is) in the Wonders of Life Pavilion next to the Horizons/MS pavilion. It has been closed for several years, only open for special occasions...and even that seems to have stopped.

Horizons was my favorite ride...the first one my parents let me go on by myself...and I rode it 7 straight times. But as I understand it, they were going to have to level it because the foundation was shifting.

That orange smell in Soarin' when you go over the orange groves...that's straight out of Horizons. Ahh...the orange smell.

Stu29573
09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Horizons was my favorite ride...the first one my parents let me go on by myself...and I rode it 7 straight times. But as I understand it, they were going to have to level it because the foundation was shifting.

Actually, that was just a rumor. Martin from Martin's Videos (Google it) has a good tribute to it that explains everything...

brivers222
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Body Wars was (and technically still is) in the Wonders of Life Pavilion next to the Horizons/MS pavilion. It has been closed for several years, only open for special occasions...and even that seems to have stopped.

Ahh **** okay now i remember where that was! thanks

jnfr2424
09-21-2010, 05:50 AM
I still stay Disney's next park needs to be a retro one where all the rides that are no longer around needs to be placed!