PDA

View Full Version : I always do this first/last

SandmanGStefani24
09-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Had a thought after reading some of the 'addicted' thread and some of its responses. I always like to read people's stories and thoughts here when I'm going through WDW withdrawls so tell us what you always like to do first and last.

I'll start. On my MK day, I always head to Space Mountain to ride it and then grab a fastpass to ride it later before heading to the TTA.

My trips always end at Epcot, and I always ride Spaceship Earth last. It's my favorite ride and I like to ride it first in English and then in another language for fun. It's a little bittersweet getting off the ride when it's done but I wouldn't want to end my trip any other way.

Your turn guys and gals!

Gator
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
The first thing I do when I land is go to the food court and hit Chick-Fil-A. We don't have those where I live, and I have to have the world's best chicken sandwich to start the trip.

The last thing I do is go to Epcot on the last day. I find the best seat possible for Illuminations. Then, after it's over, I wait for about 20 minutes sitting in World Showcase. I love that. The walk out of the park is so much better after that wait.

TheVBs
09-17-2010, 01:50 PM
We usually arrive late afternoon after a very long day and a half drive, so we just hang out at the hotel the few hours that we're there that first day. We get pizza by the pool and go swimming.

Our last day is never planned, we just pick a park that we feel like we wanted to do more at. However, next time we're driving home first thing in the morning that last day, instead of spending half the day at a park. We'll see if we actually stick with that plan. :D

DisneyPrincess21
09-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I always start & end my trips at Magic Kingdom

Disney4us2
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
We usually start at Epcot for SE and Test Track. We end at MK for Philharmagic and all the old Disneyland attractions that are now at WDW.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2010, 02:42 PM
First:
We always get in late afternoon so we go to DTD, eat dinner and shop...

Last:
Eat TS breakfast and then spend half day in a park, (usually MK or Epcot). Then on to Lake City where we spend the night before driving home the following day.

joonyer
09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
We do different things on our first day, but on the last night of every vacation, we are always at MK to watch Wishes, even if we have seen it before on that trip. The fireworks over the castle with the music and lights is the ultimate icon of the Disney "magic" to me.

Imagineer1981
09-17-2010, 03:17 PM
We always start with Magic Kingdom. Always, then end with Magic Kingdom (unless you count the next day when we leave hanging out at Downtown Disney for a few hours for that last fix)

ChipNDale79
09-17-2010, 03:28 PM
We start our trip at MK and usually ride TTA first, im not sure why or how this got started but we noticed the last time we went that for some reason we always migrate to the TTA first.

The last thing we do is watch Wishes the night before we leave, I cant think of a better way to close a vacation.

It's always a sad bus ride back to our hotel knowing our trip is over.

Suz36
09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
We always start and end at MK. Our first ride tends to be PoC, and on our last day we usually pick a favorite ride in each land, in no particular order.

clubber
09-17-2010, 04:35 PM
We're taking our son for the first time next week, so it will be time to start traditions, which I think will be cool.
After arriving, the first thing we have planned is to ride the monorail into The Contemporary for dinner at Chef Mickey's to dine with all of his favorite characters. And we'll end our trip with dinner at Ohana's followed by Wishes in the Magic Kingdom.
Can't wait!

johnO
09-17-2010, 04:56 PM
We usually start and end with MK. On abbreviated trips that doesnt seem to be the case because we want to get as much in as possible.

waymickey
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
We always start our trip with a boat ride to MK and head straight for Carousel of progress . Our last day is also spent in the Magic Kingdom. We walk up to the train station and wave good bye to the castle until next time! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
09-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I start and finish my trip in the exact same place, on the dock @ the WL. The 1st day (and every day) I walk down to the dock @ sunrise, in my jammies, and have my AM coffee. The sun rising over Bay Lake...beautiful and peaceful. :cloud9: And on the last evening, before we go to bed, I return for an evening cocktail. Usually catch the electric water parade, check out the moon and stars (if they're out) over Bay Lake, watch the boats come and go, and contemplate our next trip. :D

LauraByTheSea
09-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Normally, we would start at MK and the Railroad, but this time (in less than 24 hours! AHH!) I let DH pick the very first ride he wanted to go on. He picked Dinosaur, so tomorrow is AK for the fisrt 1/2 of the day. For the last, we would again, normally end at AK, but I'm not sure yet about this trip...

SandmanGStefani24
09-18-2010, 12:04 PM
The first thing I do when I land is go to the food court and hit Chick-Fil-A. We don't have those where I live, and I have to have the world's best chicken sandwich to start the trip.

Wow! I didn't know Chick Fil-A wasn't nationwide. Learn something everyday...Next time I eat one I will appreciate it more than I already do. :cool:

Gator
09-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Wow! I didn't know Chick Fil-A wasn't nationwide. Learn something everyday...Next time I eat one I will appreciate it more than I already do. :cool:

I used to live in Texas where Chick-Fil-A was everywhere. Guess what else we don't have out here: Whataburger, Cracker Barrel, Schlotzkys (the horror), and no BBQ joints on every corner. But we do have really high state income taxes, a nearly bankrupt government, and nice weather - other than fog like in the movie "The Mist". That's why I HAVE to hit Chick-Fil-A.

Daisy'sMom
09-18-2010, 04:26 PM
On our last day at MK, we go on the TTA last. Then at the end of Main Street, we stop and wave goodbye at the castle.
We always do Epcot the very last day, ending with Spaceship Earth. It's always the first thing we do and the last. :mickey:

MagicalGuest
09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
We always start and end at MK. First day: run over to FP Splash Mountain, then PoC and tacos nearby for lunch. Last day: It's "favorites day" when everyone picks a favorite ride/attractions. This year we ended w/TTA.

disneymom2000
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
First thing is to drop everything off at the resort and head over to MK to walk down Main Street USA to have dinner at the Castle.:princess:

The last day after I drop my bags off for bus pickup, I head over to EPCOT to walk through World Showcase once more before heading to the airport. I like to pick up souvenirs during this last trot through the showcase.:walk:

Belle_0717
09-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Love MK to start out the trip - first ride POTC or Jungle Cruise.

Last park is usually MK too. Have to hit the Main Street Bakery & Confectioner's! Depending on ME pick up, we've just run to DTD.

tinka
09-19-2010, 08:44 AM
We always start and end our trip at the Magic Kingdom. I just love that Cinderella Castle is the first and last thing I see on my trip. And I do have to say I alwasy tear up at that first and last sight!

BigRedDad
09-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Pay my bills at the Front Desk.

LudwigVonDrake
09-19-2010, 11:26 AM
When I hit my resort I eat lunch at the resort and then head to the MK.

Last day I always finish up in the MK :tink:

plutosnana
09-19-2010, 12:10 PM
First I get there and my family can't decide where to go first! Usually its tomorrowland and we go to the TTA and then lastly we go to watch Fireworks at MK

jazzy
09-19-2010, 01:42 PM
My fam and i always go in the last week of Aug, Sat to Sun. We always start the trip at MK heading straight to Tommorrowland and riding everything there 1st, then what ever is near TL whether its FL or AL and what has the shortest line. WE always have lunch in FL at Pinochios Haus eating chicken fingers and fries or a cheeseburger and fries and we usually end the day with Pirates or Splash mountain and then come back later in the week to see Wishes then we always ALWAYS end the trip with Islands of Adventure. Everytime im leaving city walk on the moving walkways going to the parking lot thinking" well thats it, thats the end" and a little depression falls over me.

Carolanne
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
The first thing: after checking in, if our room is ready we'll go & get unpacked & then head to the food court for lunch, then off to MK or Epcot; if the room isn't ready, we'll go to the food court for lunch, then off to MK or Epcot.

The last thing: my trips always seem to end in Epcot. We'll hit Epcot that last day for one last lap around the World Showcase, then we'll go back to the resort & have a drink in the food court while we wait for our car service to pick us up.

princessjojo
09-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Usually the first thing we do is dependent on what time we can get in. It our flights arrive early, we head straight to AK. As much as we like it, we also like to get it out of the way since it's a "short park day" park. If our flight doesn't get in until later, we head to our room and I HAVE to check out the fridge. Don't exactly know why, but I always look in the fridge, find the washer/dryer and then check the showers in the bathroom. The first time we stayed at SSR, there was mold in the shower so it pays to look there before the shower...

AllDisney
09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Before they stopped offering Fantasmic everyday we would always begin & end our vacation at the studios.:(

Now we make sure that we see the show once while on our vacation. That being said we know begin & end our vacation at Epcot:thumbsup:

TikiLounger
09-20-2010, 09:01 AM
The first thing we do usually depends on what time our flight arrives and which resort we're staying at but we ALWAYS spend our last day at the MK...always. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are our last rides before we head back to our resort to catch The Magical Express.

JerseyDad
09-20-2010, 09:06 AM
....interesting thought...and...when I really think about it...we definitely have a "pattern" of things that are done first / last.

...since we usually arrive at WDW on a Saturday...between 11am and noon...we get checked in....drop the bags in the room...and I hit the pool (and then pass out back in the room for a decent nap....it's a LONG drive from NJ!!). Our first night is always at Downtown Disney...and we always go to Planet Hollywood for dinner...and then shopping.

The only park that I can think of that has a DEFINITE first and last...is Epcot. We walk right in...and go to Spaceship Earth....and as we leave....we go on Spaceship Earth....every time.

darthmacho
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
We always start our first day in the parks with a trip to Magic Kingdom. It seems that our new tradition is to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast and then start with riding Dumbo. I would have chosen Space Mountain as the first ride, but the kids rule.

No tradition for the last ride as of yet, but it so happens that we ended the last trip with Haunted Mansion. I prefer to end the trip with MK as well. :mickey:

Mogie
09-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Magic Kingdom is always first. Walk under the castle, and then head for Peter Pan. After that it's a Fast Pass for one of the Mountains and making our way around.

Last thing is Epcot World showcase. Picking up the souvenir we had our eye on to remember the trip by. A late lunch and a few pints at the Pub to numb the pain of returning to reality and the real world...

disneydad153
09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
We used to always do MK first and last. Last year we switched it up and did Epcot world showcase first and MK last. Epcot was great becuse we just soaked in the atmosphere and snacked at the different countries. This year will be even better since the food and wine festival is happening. MK is great on the last day because we love main street so much.:mickey:

ANG
09-21-2010, 07:34 AM
First thing is go to MK and just take in Main Street.

Last thing is usually a dip in the resort pools

brad192
09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
I always bookend my trips with MK, so my first/last traditions are there.

First thing, after entering MK and seeing the Castle is standing on a corner in Town Square & spending about 10 minutes watching people come in, turn that corner & see the Castle. The reactions are priceless, and always put me into "Hyper Disney Mode" (you can always tell the first-timers).:mickey:

The last thing is right back in Town Square. My last night, I like to just stare down Main Street for awhile - maybe take a picture or two from the train station platform, and try to burn that wonderful image into my brain.:cloud9:

Tinkerbella16
09-21-2010, 12:40 PM
We always get an early flight to WDW so we usually get checked into the hotel and on the bus to the parks by 11am. We always do Epcot first, its always been a tradition.

Being that Epcot is my favorite park, I like it to always be the last thing on the last full day. Its so sad though, as Im exiting the park I turn back and look at everything, and say "See ya next year." The last day is always the saddest. Especially when DME decides to pick you up 4 hours before your flight home. :(

LovinWDW
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
First- it is our ritual to check in, shower and head to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner at Wolfgang Pucks

Last- Spend the day and night at Migic Kingdom getting the kids on as many rides as possible as many times as they like.:thumbsup:

goofy-4-disney
09-21-2010, 02:03 PM
What we do on the first day depends on what time we can get our arriving flight booked for. Most of the time we'll go to MK for the afternoon and then go back to the resort for dinner and go to sleep decently early. If our flight gets in later we'll just go to DTD to shop and eat. Our last day is usually spent bouncing back and forth between MK and EPCOT. Illuminations is the way that our trip then ends.

AdventurerKim
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Day 1 is always Studios or Epcot if we're going for a week since it's always a Sat.; if it's only for a weekend, it's MK. At MK it's always Dumbo or Buzz first. At Studios, TSM fast pass first and then get in standby line, and at Epcot it's Soarin' fast pass and then off to whatever ride we fell like. :mickey: