PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you're late for ADR?

andrew&ryansmommy
09-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Is there a specified amount of time that a restaurant will wait for someone who has a reservation?

Strmchsr
09-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Usually 15 min or so. After that, I think you can still get in, but you get bumped back down the list. I'm not sure if there's a limit where they cancel your seat.

SBETigg
09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Keep in mind that they do ask you to check in at the podium 15-20 minutes before your ADR. This is because there is often a line, and a wait to get to check in. The sooner you arrive, the sooner you are actually moved to the To Be Seated list. If you arrive late, then a bunch of people with later ADRs who checked in before you will be seated first. Your ADR is not a guaranteed reservation time, as in they will seat you at that time. It's more for planning purposes, that they know to expect you to show up to be put on the seating list at around that time. Once you check in, the wait to be seated really begins. Sometimes, there really are no waits, but most times there are. And if you're late enough, you could be out of an ADR, but most times, you will just be waiting longer.

MOJoe
09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe i can help again! I was running late for a ressie once and asked a CM how long they held reservations. 15 to 20 minutes was the reply. But i am sure it depends on how busy the place is. In other words, if they are not too busy, there would be a considerable amount of leniency.

Urbss
09-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Disney really does go out of it's way to make sure everyone is as happy as possible, but at times they can only do so much!!

I know that we have always try to be a little early, but I think they do understand that life at WDW is different than main-stream USA. You could get held up at an attraction without realizing it (or it being your fault), but at the same time, they really need to make sure that accomadating a late arrival can't interfere with someone elses experience (that was on-time).

Try to be on-time. That is obviously the best suggestion. If you are a little late they might understand, but there is never anything guaranteed. Good Luck!!

Carolanne
09-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I have heard they'll hold your ressie 15-20 mins (I swear that I've also read that here on the boards), but after that you're out of luck.

I do try to check in 15-20 mins before my ressie. Due to people in my dining party, I have shown up 15-20 mins late to maybe 2 ADRs. There was a time I was on the boat to DTD and was going to be more than 20 mins late for an ADR; I called WDW Dining to let them know I was running late & to see if anything could be done...and was basically told "nope, sorry." Which I kind of expected but hoped for the best anyway.

A Big Kid
09-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Running late for breakfast at CRT, I called and received the answer of 30 minutes.

Renfairwedding
09-18-2010, 07:54 PM
At Prime Time Cafe they make you stand in the corner, no TV and you have to eat extra vegies...

OK i am being silly and thats not true at all.

:secret: Please don't let mom know I was fibbing. :D

tinksmom02
09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
We were unintentionally late for breakfast at Tusker House a few years ago (somehow i screwed up the times). We showed up at what I thought was the right time, but we were actually about an hour late. They were very understanding and sat us within a few minutes.

Other than that, I try to show up early for ADRs. Even that one, we were (I thought!) early for it LOL

jarajam
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
we were there last week and we were late to Ohana due to "losing" my daughter in the crowd getting on the Monorail. I called and was told the policy is hold the ressie for 20 min and then your ressies are put on hold...meaning you get bumped and have to wait for a table to open up. We got there at 21 minutes late and we had to wait about 45 min for a table.

darthmacho
09-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Judging from the different examples, I assume the staff on duty will use their own judgement based on crowds and other variables, including their personality.

On a different note, I checked on our Whispering Canyon ADRs when we arrived at Wilderness Lodge, almost two hours early, and they offered to take us. We declined, but later got hungry, and ended up checking in about an hour early, and they took us then. The restaurant filled up while we were there, so I'm guessing they used their best judgement and by getting us in early, maybe that opened things up for a walk-up later?

The moral is that everything is negotiable...well except for Death and Taxes, haha! :medic: