PDA

View Full Version : AKL Summer 2010 July 28

1goofydad
09-17-2010, 08:44 AM
This morning Rick, Melony, Connor and I headed to AK. Made it for the opening and headed right for EE to ride during the day. Got a FP and into the regular line, then did the single rider line. I think we had ridden it twice in a 20 min period:thumbsup:. It is much tamer during the day, nothing like riding at night. We will report this back to Lisa later but I am sure she will still not ride it ever again. Next up Tough To be a Bug and got a FP for Kali and did the Jungle Trek. Went back and rode EE using our FP and went to stand by for Kali. As we were loading, Melony said she is a water magnet on this ride. Note to self, do not sit next to her. After a fun ride, we all got a good laugh:). To say Melony was wet is a understatement. She was SOAKED. We headed out and gave our FP for Kali to a family entering the park. Made a grocery run to Pulix and stopped for gas. We stopped at the fire company, and was able to get the t shirts and a tour of the station. back to room for lunch- salads, meatballs and pasta. yummy. After that we headed to the pool and community hall. We won the Disney trivia pool side. A rain storm came thru. No lightning so pool stayed open. back to room for delish mac and ham and cheese. I caught a cat nap on the balcony, then we headed to MK. We all loved the laugh Factory, then did stitch and buzz. Our blasters were not working so we all got to ride again. Then we headed to the tea cups. I rode with DS2 Connor and DS3 Noah and DFD Molly. The ride started with the kids spinning the cup. They had it going pretty fast, so fast I had to close my eyes. It was so much fun:thumbsup:, they were laughing and screaming and stopped spinning the wheel so I took over. It felt like we were no longer spinning but now it felt like we were rocking because it was going so fast. We had a blast. I think that was the fastest I ever went. This is one of my favorite things to do. After I could stand up we got a snack and headed to Philharmagic, then saw the fireworks and hit Haunted Mansion, Splash, the Electrical light parade and headed home. Another great day with much done. Tomorrow weather forecast for rain so will we make it to Blizzard beach?

faline
09-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm really enjoying your laid-back touring style!

Congrat on winning the trivia contest at the pool. Some of those questions are hard!

SBETigg
09-17-2010, 12:30 PM
The teacups do me in. No thank you. But so glad you all had fun!

RedSoxFan
09-18-2010, 09:40 PM
I love EE. One of my favorite rides. Never rode Kali as I don't want to get wet. Maybe next time.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Can anyone just go to the fire station and get a t-shirt?

I've been going for the better part of a decade and have never heard this. I think it's a great idea!

I too love the laid back, tour by the seat of your pants style! I don't know that I could ever do that because I'm sooooo **** about planning but, it sounds excellent!

KylesMom
09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Kudos for you guys not hitting the snooze button & making it to a.m. EMH at AK. I wondered how many of you would make it! As far as Kali, we beg to get soaked every time (it keeps us cool) and if we don't we just keep riding until we get that way. It seems to make the park more enjoyable for us.

Great fun this morning - glad you were able to snag the fire company shirts, too.

Your evening at MK sounds like heaven - especially the teacup ride with the "kids". :D Seemingly another wonderful day, from start to end. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
thanks for the report