PDA

View Full Version : What info does Disney provide for MNSSHP?

Goofy4TheWorld
09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
It looks like my wife and I will be making a short trip back to Disney for MNSSHP in a few weeks. I have read about various things going on during the Halloween party, but I haven't really tried to commit much to memory. Our trip in June with our DS2 was well researched and STILL turned into a GIANT DISASTER, so this trip will be mostly by the seat of our pants (and without DS2:blush:). My wife will be about 16 weeks pregnant, so we will have plenty of time to soak up the special activities going on since we won't be doing the big rides.

What I am wondering is does Disney print up special "party bulletins" like they do for regular park hours that tell you what is going on where. I am looking for both parade and fireworks times, as well as the special character meets and ALL of the other things unique to the party like any stories being told or what-not.

What can I expect to get from Disney when I walk through the gates?

Thanks!

DisneyPrincess21
09-16-2010, 11:36 PM
It looks like my wife and I will be making a short trip back to Disney for MNSSHP in a few weeks. I have read about various things going on during the Halloween party, but I haven't really tried to commit much to memory. Our trip in June with our DS2 was well researched and STILL turned into a GIANT DISASTER, so this trip will be mostly by the seat of our pants (and without DS2:blush:). My wife will be about 16 weeks pregnant, so we will have plenty of time to soak up the special activities going on since we won't be doing the big rides.

What I am wondering is does Disney print up special "party bulletins" like they do for regular park hours that tell you what is going on where. I am looking for both parade and fireworks times, as well as the special character meets and ALL of the other things unique to the party like any stories being told or what-not.

What can I expect to get from Disney when I walk through the gates?

Thanks!

Yes the do have MNSSHP party guides with maps. I'll private message you a link to a website that has on already online so you can view it ahead of time, and make a plan before you go also.

Dsnygirl
09-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Ditto to what the pp said -- the maps don't change much, neither do the times, so the one she's linking you to should be very close to what you'll see this year. We've gone two times, and found everything to be just about the same. :)

Just wanted to add -- you and your DW are going to have a GREAT time! My DH and I went 3 years ago, just us, and it was fabulous... you have so much more "free time" to soak up all the little details, to shop w/o watching over your DS2... you are going to love it. Disney is soooo for adults!! :thumbsup:

Have fun!! :mpumpkin:

DisneyPrincess21
09-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Ditto to what the pp said -- the maps don't change much, neither do the times, so the one she's linking you to should be very close to what you'll see this year.

:thumbsup: The links I have are for this years party. A website I go to, has a writer who always goes to each party opening night so they can get all the details on everything going on and give reviews for the party, he also picks up the party maps, so everyone at home can view them on the website. :wave:

joonyer
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Disney also has the maps on Their official Site:

You can go there here:

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/MNSSHP_map_2010.pdf

Goofy4TheWorld
09-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks to all for the links (even if Intercot TOS force them underground :() and thanks for the help.

Dsnygirl, I never realized how adult-friendly Disney was until I brought a wild-and-crazy two-year-old. Now I know!

One thing I noticed was that Space Mountain was not listed as open on the map. Is this true? I won't be riding since DW is pregnant, but that shocked me.