PDA

View Full Version : If you could resurrect one attraction what would it be?

figmentduck
09-16-2010, 05:43 PM
If you could bring back one attraction which would it be?

Without question, I would bring back the original Journey into Imagination. The new one is fun enough but pales in comparison to the fun and fantasy of the original. I would also bring back the original Imageworks. I think the new one is pretty boring and doesn't have all the cool stuff to do that the old one had.

What would you guys resurrect?

megustamex
09-16-2010, 06:04 PM
If You Had Wings. I remember being scared during the movie portion when I was little and then liking it later. I miss it as it's one of the first Disney attractions I remember!

darthmacho
09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Before the trip, i would have said Alien Encounter, but now I like Stitch just fine.

SBETigg
09-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Horizons. But I like the replacement, too. Would love to see something in the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

AHOTE
09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Well it's not exactly an attraction, althought it could be, it's more like an institution....

THE ADVENTURERS CLUB

cather74
09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Horizons all the way!!! I listen to ride throughs on my ipod to cheer me up sometimes. Makes me feel like a kid again.:mickey:

retiredfigment
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Have to agree with Figmentduck. Journey Into the Imagination. Can still smell the roses!!

jenperich
09-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Horizons. But I like the replacement, too. Would love to see something in the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

What replaced Horizons? I thought it was just an empty building now used for functions?

I would LOVE to resurrect 20K Leagues!!! That is the first ride I ever really remember going on. I was little, and with my mom, and SCARED TO DEATH!!! What a great ride. :-)

Polynesian Dweller
09-16-2010, 07:45 PM
What replaced Horizons? I thought it was just an empty building now used for functions?

You're thinking of the Wonders of Life pavillion. Horizons was replaced by Mission:Space. Horizons is the one I'd bring back because it was what Epcot was all about for me, a look to the future.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Mission Space took the spot previously occupied by Horizons which was torn down.

FloridaTeacher
09-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Okay, so I can't narrow it down to one - "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" & "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea".

VWL Mom
09-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Another vote for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride :thumbsup:

jenperich
09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
So what is that building on your left when you're walking into World Showcase? I always thought that was Horizons!

Sorry...off the subject, just curious.

Pirate Granny
09-16-2010, 08:14 PM
The Swan boat ride

SBETigg
09-16-2010, 08:19 PM
So what is that building on your left when you're walking into World Showcase? I always thought that was Horizons!

Sorry...off the subject, just curious.

That's the old Odyssey restaurant, now used occasionally for private functions.

tiggerbuddy
09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd be happy with Horizons or the Original Journey into imagination !!:mickey:

Ropachs
09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
If you had wings and (can't remember the name of it) the "cars" that slowly took you above from Fantasyland to, I think, Tomorrowland. Somebody please know what I am talking about, not knowing the name is killing me!

Not that either of these were fantastic attractions, but they are nostalgic for me. :cloud9:

Tink1
09-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I **should** answer Magic Journeys, but I would like to see Horizons or the original Journey into Imagination.

Nanc

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-16-2010, 08:55 PM

I'll 2nd that!!:thumbsup:

rkmemkc
09-16-2010, 09:07 PM
If you could bring back one attraction which would it be?

Without question, I would bring back the original Journey into Imagination. The new one is fun enough but pales in comparison to the fun and fantasy of the original. I would also bring back the original Imageworks. I think the new one is pretty boring and doesn't have all the cool stuff to do that the old one had.

What would you guys resurrect?

I loved it so much - I put it in my signature. :D

DisneyBunch
09-16-2010, 09:38 PM
(can't remember the name of it) the "cars" that slowly took you above from Fantasyland to, I think, Tomorrowland. Somebody please know what I am talking about, not knowing the name is killing me!

I think that you are referencing the "Skyway to Tomorrowland" (from Fantasyland) and the "Skyway to Fantasyland" (from Tomorrowland). I have a lot of fond memories from this attraction, but it closed because of fatal accidents (involving Disney Cast Members, I think).

jenperich
09-16-2010, 10:01 PM
That's the old Odyssey restaurant, now used occasionally for private functions.

Thanks Sherri!!

Gator
09-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Slam dunk, here. Alien Encounter: Extra Terror-estrial. That attraction really freaked me out.

For all those Mr Toad lovers: I've been on it at Disneyland, and you ain't missing anything. Sad to say, but Pooh Bear is better, and my kids like it a lot more. They really didn't care for the "Going to Hell" portion of Mr Toad.

like2workout
09-17-2010, 08:39 AM
20,000 leagues under the sea!!

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2010, 08:45 AM
I'll echo a number of folks here and say Horizons. Am I the only person in the world who actually misses "World of Motion" too? And I also really miss Cranium Command.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Another vote for 20K leauges under the sea. Of course it would need to be updated but it was a great ride.

BigRedDad
09-17-2010, 10:13 AM
20K Leagues Under the Sea. That ride was immersive, highly detailed, and fun.

Ian
09-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Without question, I would bring back the original Journey into Imagination.No reason to say anything other than ...

:ditto:

brivers222
09-17-2010, 10:37 AM
20,000 Leagues under the sea..... childhood memories!

TikiLounger
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Mr. Toad

EpcotChic23
09-17-2010, 11:22 AM

I second that!!!

MOJoe
09-17-2010, 12:22 PM
For all those Mr Toad lovers: I've been on it at Disneyland, and you ain't missing anything. Sad to say, but Pooh Bear is better, and my kids like it a lot more. They really didn't care for the "Going to Hell" portion of Mr Toad.

I would think that is the main reason fans of the ride are so sad to see it gone. I agree the ride itself was nothing special. But the "train wreck/going to hell" ending was so exciting and funny, that it made for a great experience. Count me as one who would love to see it return.

Ropachs
09-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I think that you are referencing the "Skyway to Tomorrowland" (from Fantasyland) and the "Skyway to Fantasyland" (from Tomorrowland). I have a lot of fond memories from this attraction, but it closed because of fatal accidents (involving Disney Cast Members, I think).

That must be it, thank you! I guess they had good reason to close it though, yikes. :(

Tinkerbella16
09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
I always loved World of Motion when I was a kid... but I love Test Track too!

I guess Horizons would be a big one for me because I really don't like Mission Space at all!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Well, I kind of like Stitch but I think Alien was a little better

joonyer
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM

That must be it, thank you! I guess they had good reason to close it though, yikes. :(

A cast member was killed on the Skyway attraction, but he was knocked out of the station, he did not fall out of a car. But that was not the main reason it was closed (it was not deemed unsafe for guests). It did not meet ADA requirements and was apparently going to be too expensive to make compliant. It was also very SLOW loading, and there were a lot of complaints about riders spitting, throwing and, dropping spitting things out of the cars onto guests below. I think Disney just decided it wasn't worth the effort to keep it open.

Here's one report on the accident:

"In February 1999, a park custodian at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was killed when the skyway started up while he was cleaning one of the platforms at the Fantasyland terminal. Raymond Barlow, 65, was sweeping off a narrow skyway platform inaccessible to park guests an hour after the park's 9 a.m. opening when Cast Members, unaware of his presence, started up the ride. Barlow, startled by the approaching gondola, grabbed onto it and tried to climb inside; he fell 40 feet into a flower bed, hitting a tree on the way down, and died. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration later ruled that the area in which Barlow had been working violated federal safety codes and fined Walt Disney World $4,500 for a "serious" violation of safety standards. Several months later, on November 9, 1999, the Magic Kingdom's skyway was also permanently closed. Once again, the decision to close the attraction was supposedly based on factors other than its being involved in a recent accidental death."

Imagineer1981
09-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Definitely restore PI to its former glory. Also I would bring back Mr. Toad

stephen71
09-17-2010, 05:09 PM
#1 Horizons
#2 World of Motion
#3 original Journey into Imagination

Man, I miss these attractions!!

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I'll echo a number of folks here and say Horizons. Am I the only person in the world who actually misses "World of Motion" too? And I also really miss Cranium Command.

No, Karen you are not alone!!
We definitely enjoyed both of them and miss them too.

2Epcot
09-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Alien Encounter, a new and improved Wonders of Life, and of course Horizons.

SAH
09-17-2010, 08:50 PM
The "SKYRIDE" from fantasy land to tommorow land....

wdwfansince75
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I do miss Horizons...
and Kitchen Kaberet...
and If you had wings....
and The World of Motion...
and the Skyway...
and Toad's Wild Ride
and Body Wars...
and finally, the Original Journey into Imagination....
But most of all, Horizons!

dixielandings
09-17-2010, 10:35 PM
HORIZONS!!

And if I was powerful enough to do that, I'd also bring back the original ImageWorks at JII. We called it the playroom. Big pin boards, huge kaleidoscopes - total blast!

SAH
09-20-2010, 06:43 PM
I always loved the Skyride, plus i know its not a ride but bring back Liberty tree with the characters. Was always one of my favorite rest. with the family.....

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I do miss Horizons...
and Kitchen Kaberet...
and If you had wings....
and The World of Motion...
and the Skyway...
and Toad's Wild Ride
and Body Wars...
and finally, the Original Journey into Imagination....
But most of all, Horizons!

How did I forget to mention that...veggie veggie fruit fruit... :D

tinka
09-20-2010, 08:14 PM
If you had wings definately!!