PDA

View Full Version : Hoop De Doo Review?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Since we are having trouble finding ADR's for both the locations and the times we want, my DW and I are thinking of using the 2TS option and booking the Hoop De Doo.

First, having never done it, is it worth it?

Second, we will be bringing 3 dd with us, ages 8-5-3. Will they find this enjoyable or would it be a waste of time.

Having never seen it, and with the difficulty of getting ADR's, we thought it might be a good time to check it out.

PinkTink
09-16-2010, 05:57 PM
We've eaten there a couple times and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was pretty good, atmosphere laid back, and the show was lots of fun! I think your kids would enjoy it.

faline
09-16-2010, 06:17 PM
I think your kids are the perfect age for it. The show if full of lots of corny puns which kids love.

Janmac
09-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Since two of the kids in our extended family had noise issues as toddlers and pre-schoolers, I will say that the Revue is noisy. Very. My ears were ringing when we left. Tweens and up - no problems with the noise. And it's an enjoyable show.

If you think the noise might be an issue, another option to look into is the Spirit of Aloha dinner show (or whatever it's called) at the Polynesian. We did this with a pre-schooler with a noise problem. She thoroughly enjoyed the show. Only problem was, with the free DDP, we were in the tier farthest from the action. This was a problem was when the little ones were invited to come down to dance and we were a bit slow on the uptake. If we'd known that was going to happen, we might have been ready. She survived anyway.

The show at the Poly is outside but the seating is under cover. We did the first showing - something like 5:30.

Recommend either dinner show. That's an inspired idea, going with the 2TS to use up your table service. :thumbsup:

Jan

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
The food is good, not gourmet, but good.

The show is corny slapstick humor, but my 14 year old son laughed until he cried and that made it hilarious for me and my mom...I would say it would be a hit with your kids:mickey:

joonyer
09-17-2010, 03:17 PM
The show is a lot of fun and the food is good and filling. I don't know if I would use 2TS credits on it though. You'd have a much better meal at Artist Point or California Grill for those credits.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM
The show is a lot of fun and the food is good and filling. I don't know if I would use 2TS credits on it though. You'd have a much better meal at Artist Point or California Grill for those credits.

I'd have a better meal, but don't think my 3 year old would appreciate a 2TS at Artist Point.

Based on the recommendations I've been reading we are going to book the Hoop De Doo.

At least that's one less ADR I have to waste time on looking for that I can't fill anyway.

With the luck I'm having on ADR's I might have to see if McDonalds takes a TS:ack:

joonyer
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I'd have a better meal, but don't think my 3 year old would appreciate a 2TS at Artist Point.

You are absolutely right about that. I think your 3 year old should really like Hoop-de-Doo. You might get more $$ value for 2TS credits at a signature dining restaurant, but I don't think a young child would enjoy any of them as much.

bunkyg
09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
You don't say when you plan on going but there's another option you may want to consider. The Backyard BBQ! Located behind Pioneer Hall at the campground. It's a blast when you have younger children, They get to dance with the characters, the food is similar to Hoop De Doo and a relaxed fun atmosphere for the adults. Our kids are grown and we still go every other year or so

Also Hoop De Doo is one of the hardest ADR's to get it sells out quick!

TheVBs
09-18-2010, 08:53 AM
We loved the Backyard BBQ too! The girls loved getting up and dancing with the characters. If you try this, I would suggest trying to get a seat next to one of the smaller dancefloors instead of the large one. Our DDs were able to get up and dance and we could stay seated and still see them with no problem. On the big dance floor we would have lost them in the crowd if we'd tried to stay seated.

We're doing this again next trip, but I have to say, I'd like to try Hoop De Doo too. I wonder if doing both would be too much in one trip?

SassySueMadhatterFanatic
09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I have been to the Hoop twice, once as a teenager myself, and last year as a mother of my own teenage girl,12 at the time. I wasn't sure if she would be too old for it, or wouldn't share in the same fun I found it to be...however they did not disappoint! My daughter who is usuallyvery shy and withdrawn, was suddenly running a spoon down a washboard and having a grand time! The food both times was very good.And in my experience, the waitresses very pleasant. I would definitly try it out if I were you, the kids will have fun!:cap:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
You don't say when you plan on going

We will be down there last week of November (post Thanksgiving) and into first week of December.

brivers222
09-20-2010, 10:37 AM
We are going to the HDDR next month... it will be the first time since i was a little kid (probably the same age as your eldest). I don't remember much, but I do remember it was a fun time! :thumbsup:

We're doing this again next trip, but I have to say, I'd like to try Hoop De Doo too. I wonder if doing both would be too much in one trip?

Nah never too much! We are going all out this trip and doing the CRT, HDDR, and Spirit of Aloha among other TS meals!!! you only live once and really disney trips are few and far between living up here in the north!!