PDA

View Full Version : AKL at the 7 month mark

Disney4us2
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM
We just joined the club:D Since AKL is not our home resort, I was wondering how hard it will be to get a club level studio at the 7 month mark. We will be going on August 19-26.

laprana
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I think it might be pretty tough to get any size room in AKV club level at the 7-month mark. That seems to be one of the categories to fill up the quickest, even at the 11-month mark, because there are so few club level rooms available at AKV. But, if you aren't able to get it at first, you can always waitlist and hope for the best! I don't think the middle to end of August is a super busy time for DVC, so that could boost your chances, too. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
09-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I love AKL and like to stay there for a couple of nights at the beginning of my vacations. I have not bought there because I am always able to get rooms there at the 7 month window.

However I am never able to get the club level at the 7 month window. It is true that there are very few club level rooms (and all in Jambo House). I am considering buying a small amount of points just so I can stay at club level (or at least have a much better chance of staying there at the 11 month window). It is always possible though so try the waitlist. :mickey:

shellyc
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Its hard. We called at the 7 month mark for April 6, 2011 arrival, and could only get a studio-savannah view for 4/6 to 4/8, and a club level studio for 4/8 to 4/10. We are wait listed for the first two nights for a club level studio.

Horizon93
10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
We are AKV owners and love it. I agree that concierge level will be difficult at 7 months. But the entire resort is incredible. We have stayed at Jambo and Kidani, and Kidani is usually our preference, but Jambo is great. Kidani is much quieter. But you can't go wrong at either place.

DisneyDudet
10-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I have not tried club level but I just booked a studio in Kidani just after the 7 month mark. I own at BLT and I am attempting to save points, so a studio at AKL was cheapest. My suggestion is to book at your home resort in a accommodation you'd be happy with, then at 7 months, go for the club studio. This way, you will have some place to stay!

PlutoPlanet
10-22-2010, 11:52 AM
We've stayed at AKL in August twice, neither time as a home resort. Concierge level is just about impossible to get. We tried to get concierge level in the 11 month window but could not.