PDA

View Full Version : What to wear Oct 22-27?

disneymomma2010
09-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Im not sure how the weather is going to be when we go so im worried i will pack not enough of the clothes we need or too much=too much luggage!:confused: Anytips on what type of clothes i need to pack for this week?:vacation: or :freeze: ? We also plan on going to the beach after our stay, is it warm enough to swim that time of the year?:diver:

Oct 2010- POR
Sept 2009- pop
summer 2007 offsite
April 2003- ASM
1997 POFQ

MariMouse
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I always check the weather forecast on line for Orlando just before we leave. You can get a 10 day extended forecast which is usually pretty good. Also on Intercot, they have weather forecasts, I think from Stormchaser.

BigRedDad
09-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Temperatures are relative. I don't change out of shorts until it gets below 40 and I grew up further south in FL. I know people that wear sweaters when it is just below 80. It is far too difficult to tell for you.

Strmchsr
09-16-2010, 02:15 PM
WAY too early to say how you should pack. Chances are, highs will be low to mid 80s, but you'll need to check the weather forecast thread at the top of this forum beginning a couple of weeks before you leave. Then we'll have a better idea of what to expect.

Belster
09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Stormchaser is correct...check the 10 day. But generally speaking, (we always go that week and will be going this year as well) it can be pretty warm that week. Mornings tend to be a bit cool....and once 11:00 AM hits it gets pretty hot in the sun. Last year was abnotmally hot!!!!!!! I bring one pair of jeans and a hoodie, then things that I can layer on and off. Swimming most def can be done. I find it pretty cool at night but my husband and kids go.

See you there!

Hope this helps!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
09-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Love October weather and it is generally so nice! I would def check Stormchaser's forecast when you are deciding what to pack. My family and I swear by his predictions. Would not plan a trip without consulting with Chris! :mickey:

Mitzie
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
As with all weather there can be flukes. We were at the MNSSHP Oct. 28, 2008. It was so cold, I wanted gloves and we are from northern Indiana...we know cold. Some crazy cold front came through. Other than that it was beautiful. Not too warm, but nice enough to swim. Crazy stuff when I was colder at the Halloween party in '08 than the Christmas party in ,09 at the beginning of December...go figure.:shrug:

JerseyDad
09-17-2010, 04:18 PM
....I'm a firm believer in weather.com and the 10 day forecast......but if I had a penny for every time the weather forecast has been wrong...I could afford to live in WDW!!!

....but seriously...we have made a habit of getting to WDW the last few days of Oct into the 1st week of Nov....and the weather has been great. Mid 80's during day....mid to low 60's at night. I'll never change out of shorts while there (IT'S VACATION!!!!)...but if it's an unusually cool night I just carry an oversized sweat-shirt to throw on over my usual polo or tee shirt.

(of course...if it's cool...its a great excuse to be "forced" to buy a Disney sweat-shirt ;))

Strmchsr
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
....I'm a firm believer in weather.com and the 10 day forecast......but if I had a penny for every time the weather forecast has been wrong...I could afford to live in WDW!!!

It tends to be wrong and change quite a bit because there is no human interaction with that forecast. It just puts up model output from one specific model. There are a LOT better sources to get your weather than from any of the "fill-in-your-zip code" sites. Maybe I'm a weather snob, but I want a human to actually look at all of the models and give a forecast.

Marymouse2003
09-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Go with Chris, never let us down yet. Thanks Chris for all of the people you have helped throughout the years!:number1:

Strmchsr
09-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Go with Chris, never let us down yet. Thanks Chris for all of the people you have helped throughout the years!:number1:

Thanks, Mary! :mickey:

disneymomma2010
09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks for the tips!:thumbsup: i will definatly check with chris in a few weeks! :D