PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's

crltkcagle
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
We are wanting to try some new restaurants on our upcoming trip and were thinking about Olivia's. Anyone have any good/bad experience with it? Thanks!:mickey:

Madame Leona
09-16-2010, 11:50 AM
We ate at Olivia's a couple of years ago. It was so wonderful we went back for lunch that same trip. Sadly, I can't remember exactly what everyone had but I know I had some WONDERFUL grouper.

dmallan
09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
We loved Olivia's on our last trip and we have an ADR for our upcoming trip as well.
We had excellent meals and wonderful service.
And since we were staying at POFQ, we took the water taxi to DTD and then hopped the boat to OKW. Very relaxing! Although it took longer than we'd expected. Luckily we gave ourselves an hour because we arrived just in time for our ADR.

ElenitaB
09-16-2010, 09:02 PM
We really like Olivia's and go often. The atmosphere is conducive to long chats with your tablemates, and the food good. We went around three times this past trip.

Janmac
09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
We tried Olivia's in September 2008 on our first night. Possibly I made the ADR too late - I think about 7 pm - because of some of our group coming in on DME and wanting to leave enough time. As it was, we could have eaten at 6 pm, but you never know.

So, we might have been over tired and too hungry, but we somehow did not enjoy Olivia's. I don't recall the food being horrible, just that we did not feel the need to revisit that restaurant.

A couple of nights later we had a great meal at Boatwrights. But we had an earlier ADR and hadn't been traveling all day.

We did have a more animated waitress at Boatwrights, and the menu was more extensive there.

Jan

Jared
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
As a relatively standard resort restaurant, Olivia's serves its purpose wonderfully, and it deserves praise for filling that role. I travel a lot for work, and I wish every hotel I stay in offered such a quaint and tasty eatery.

But at Disney, with so many dining options from which to choose, I recommend skipping Olivia's unless you plan to lodge at Old Key West. I brave Disney's mediocre resort-to-resort transportation to reach Animal Kingdom Lodge at eat at Boma or Jiko. The same goes for the Polynesian with 'Ohana and Kona Cafe. I would not fight my way to Olivia's, but if you wind up eating there, I doubt you will leave disappointed.

badkitty
09-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I really enjoyed breakfast there.

DVC2004
09-18-2010, 12:05 AM
We've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and I can't rave about it. It wasn't bad...but it was just meh. That's been our experience. The key lime pie is good.

okw2006
09-18-2010, 10:17 AM
We have eaten there several times and always enjoy it. like the resort it is very casual and laid back.

SJSJ4
09-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Our family has eaten there many times, breakfasts, lunches and dinners. We love it all. The prime rib is excellent. We have never had a bad meal. We even ate there for our family gathering (15 of us) and everyone enjoyed the dinner so much, it is added to our yearly family gathering's "must do" list. The coconut bread is tremendous and the Olivia's potatoes are really different and very good. I hope you give it a try. I think you will be pleased. Good luck

Carolanne
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
My mom & I stayed at OKW in Sept 2010 and we ate breakfast at Olivia's our last day. Really enjoyed it. The CM's were wonderful. We ended up being the last seating for breakfast (and I think the CM checking people in for seatings made an exception for us).

luvdiznee
09-19-2010, 05:36 PM
We have eaten at Olivia's many times for lunches and dinners. Never disappointed. It was always on our list. Barbecued Grouper and the Shrimp & Grits were a couple favorites.:mickey:

celebrationasheley
09-19-2010, 09:09 PM
The dinner salad, Coconut shrimp and Key Lime Pie. ( I take out the Key Lime Pie!)

And their margaritas are memorable!

crltkcagle
09-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! Looks like we are going to try it out!

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Our Ratings of Olivia's (OKW):

. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: It is somewhat inconvenient to drive or take a bus to OKW. The food uniqueness used to be lovely, but DDP has forced the eatery to slip greatly in the unique department. Now, although pleasant surroundings, the food is simply average.

KAT1811
09-27-2010, 04:41 PM
As a relatively standard resort restaurant, Olivia's serves its purpose wonderfully, and it deserves praise for filling that role. I travel a lot for work, and I wish every hotel I stay in offered such a quaint and tasty eatery.

But at Disney, with so many dining options from which to choose, I recommend skipping Olivia's unless you plan to lodge at Old Key West. I brave Disney's mediocre resort-to-resort transportation to reach Animal Kingdom Lodge at eat at Boma or Jiko. The same goes for the Polynesian with 'Ohana and Kona Cafe. I would not fight my way to Olivia's, but if you wind up eating there, I doubt you will leave disappointed.

:ditto: