PDA

View Full Version : Which rides / shows for an amost three year old.

spoiledraf
09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Nana and Papa are taking the little one with them to Walt Disney World, (aren't we brave) and we are looking for the best choices to keep him smiling. MK Sunday and Tuesday, AK Monday, DHS Wednesday and Epcot Thursday and probably an evening or too since we are staying at the BC.

And what/where is the Laugh floor. Never done that one and was wondering what it is.

Arriving Sunday morning for an early start. Looks like perfect weather. Reports of low crowds so hopefully short lines for impatient 3 year olds. Could be our best trip ever, I hope!!!! :mickey:

cajundisneyfreak
09-16-2010, 09:27 AM
At the Magic Kingdom almost all the rides would be great.A few exceptions would be the mountains(space,splash,thunder).Those have height restrictions.The laugh floor that you were asking about is in Tomorrowland.Animal Kingdom has the safari ride,walking trails,shows,play area.Holywood Studios has a few rides and shows he'll enjoy.Same goes for Epcot.The Magic Kingdom offers the most and personally it's my favorite park.

crltkcagle
09-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I took my youngest when he was two. His favorites at the time were:
MK
he Tiki Room
Winnie the Pooh
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan
Its a Small World (funny now he hates it lol)
Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin
Carousel of Progress
Philharmagic
Train
Everything in toon town
Eating breakfast at CP with Pooh and friends

Epcot
The Nemo Ride
Talk time with Crush

HS
This was before TSM but that is a great one and its one of his favs now
Playhouse Disney Live
Muppets 3-D
Lights Motor Cars Action
Fantasmic

AK
Safari
Wildlife Express Train Ride
Playing in the Dinosaur Park

He also enjoyed all the character meals. Chef Mickeys, and Hollywood Vine and Dine. HVD had the little Einstein characters and Jojo and Goliath at the time. Not sure who they have now. He also enjoyed swimming in the hotel pool and playing around the hotel. We stayed at ASM in the toy story section and he really enjoyed it.

The Laugh Floor is a comedy show put on by Monsters Inc. Its a really cute little show and most kids enjoy it. Hope you have a great trip!

Strmchsr
09-16-2010, 10:36 AM
The only show my almost 3 yr old really enjoyed was Playhouse Disney. He tolerated other stuff, but didn't really get it. Laugh Floor is fun, but generally kids have to be 4-5 before they start to understand what's going on.

As for rides, anything he's tall enough to go on is fair game, but generally the rides without any restrictions are best for the younger ones.

sassy2000
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Both of my kids were at Disney at 2-3 yrs old and this is what they enjoyed:
MK: Everything in Fantasyland except Snow White (a little scary for them)
Buzz Space Spin
TTA
Toon Town
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Epcot: Nemo
The Living Seas
Spaceship Earth
Innoventions

AK: Festival of the Lion King
Nemo show
Flights of Wonder
Safari
Animal trails

HS: Playhouse Disney Live
Beauty & the Beast show
Little Mermaid
Toy Story
Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area

BigRedDad
09-16-2010, 12:35 PM
You will quickly learn what he will tolerate while there. Most non-height restricted rides he will enjoy. Most shows as well. Know where the different play grounds are at the parks. He will probably need that and it is a good break from the running around. Being able to play with other kids as well gives you a little break also.

Epcot: If you do World Showcase, you should look into doing Kidcot. This is a little craft activity at each country, he gets a stamp on his mask, and you are able to go to each country to enjoy as well.

AgentP
09-16-2010, 07:52 PM
We took my daughter for her third birthday. Before we went, we spent a lot of time looking at Disney guides. I showed her some rides ahead of time and she was able to tell me what she absolutely would not go on...like Pirates of the Caribbean! The Pirates scared her. This might be a good idea to do with your little one.

Her favorite ride of the trip was Dumbo. She also really liked the playground at the resort, the swimming pools, and the make your own ice cream sundaes that were served at the TS restaurants with her kids meals. We had a great trip, that age is great for Disney! I'll never forget the expression on her face when she saw the Mickey Mouse balloons as we walked down Main Street. It will truly be all the little things that make your trip special. Have a great time!

spoiledraf
09-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks all for the advice. You mention loving the balloons. My 4 year old nephew is just the opposite. Kid is scared to death of balloons. Mom and dad have everything planned and ressies madefor their first trip to Walt Disney World. I give them lots of info and tell them to order the planning DVD. Get the Disney DVD a month before time to go, pop it in and up comes Mickey balloons. Kid freaks. Vacation cancelled. Never know with little ones.
OK. Our bags are packed and off we go in 4 hours for an all night drive. YIPPEE!

Nate's Grandpa
09-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Nate was 3 the last time we went.
His favorite attraction was the ferry boat from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. He loved to go up to the top deck and look around.

Gator
09-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Skip Lights! Motors! Action! Way too loud for little ones.

magicalmom
09-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Catch the parades - my girls loved them when they were pre-schoolers.