PDA

View Full Version : Last Time Epcot Reached Capacity on New Years Eve?

dnickels
09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know the last time Epcot reached capacity on New Years Eve? I have a friend who may be coming down that day and says she'd like to go over there. She'd just be on a day pass so I know that's down the pecking order below on-site guests and passholders but I also know it's been awhile since Epcot was at capacity for new years.

For anyone who knows the answer thanks in advance!

DizneyRox
09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Just a suggestion, and that would be to have them buy the ticket(s) in advance. I THINK one of the earlier phases includes cosing the ticket booths, so it couldn't hurt to get them in advance.

I would plan on closure rather than hope it's not. That's one of those days that's going to be tough to guess. I would have almost guaranteed July 4th would hit capacity and for the past few years, it's been pretty light. This year, I even asked about MK and the Epcot Guest RelationsCM seemed to almost spit up her drink and told me no...

DisneyaHolic
09-18-2010, 11:12 PM
EPCOT is always the best choice on New Years Eve - I think it has the highest capacity. We were there on NYE 2000, and while it did reach capacity for a period of time, it still let people in later as folks left. I think it is unlikely that it will reach capacity this coming year.

On a humorous side note: We were there NYE 2000 and it got REALLY cold. Hats and gloves sold out early in the day. I saw an adult man wearing a satin Tinkerbell jacket that was way too small. We saw lots of people wearing the big Mickey hands, since they sold out of gloves.

JerseyDad
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
......Epcot hit capacity this past New Years Eve....that's why we got there EARLY!!! It was well worth it...the fireworks were incredible.

......FYI....after the New Years "lite" Illuminations show at 9pm...the crowd thinned out substantially. I think a lot of parents had their young ones there for that...and then left because they wouldn't be able to keep them awake until midnight.