PDA

View Full Version : TS and QS question

natstroop
09-15-2010, 06:36 PM
We will be using the free dining plan for the first time next month. I notice for TS and QS it says includes an entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. So you can get any entree, dessert and any n/a beverage...like cake, pie, shakes or smoothies or other n/a specialty drinks with cups, lights, straws, etc? Like Pirate's Punch at Boatwrights?
Also, if I eat at the food court in POR, can I get a small pizza, a milk shake, and an apple pie for example?

I have the menus for the restaurants we have ADRs for and want to be prepared so I'm not getting charged for something not on the plan.

Thanks!

Jared
09-15-2010, 06:56 PM
The dining plan entitles you to any dessert on the menu. It seems each restaurant enforces a slightly different policy for drinks. In my experience, some places consider milkshakes a beverage, while others consider them dessert. Some places serve fancy drinks with glowing ice cubs, while others charge extra for them.

I recommend asking every server you encounter about each restaurant's policies.

Strmchsr
09-15-2010, 08:16 PM
:ditto: It varies from restaurant to restaurant. I don't recall ever seeing the glowing ice cube drinks included with the DDP, but I know shakes are some places, but not others. Also, some entrees are off-limits on the DDP, but usually not many. Generally the ones that would be off-limits would be something like a combo platter or really high priced dish. As suggested, ask your server and they can help you know. Or, if you know something specific you want to order, ask here and I'm sure someone here on Intercot can tell you if they've ordered that on the DDP before.

SBETigg
09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
There are very few exceptions on entrees not included. I can't even think of any right now. Even most high priced entrees are included. They've pretty much adapted the dining offerings around the plan rather than eliminating dishes from availability on the plan. Which is a shame, especially for those who pay oop and appreciate quality and fine ingredients. But still, I've had some fantastic meals at WDW after the DP came along and no serious complaints with it.

The only exception I can ever think of was lobster tail at Teppan Edo, not available as a DP choice, and they've adapted the menu there now too. Lobster tail is no longer available, I think, even for extra cost. So basically, any entree, dessert, and basic drink (some include specialty beverages, some don't, none include alcoholic beverage as an option) on the menu. With QS places, you most often don't want or care much about the dessert, to my experience. Usually not that good.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Exception to the exception...

At Hoop Dee Doo Review (2 credit DDP) beer is included as a beverage option.

SBETigg
09-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Exception to the exception...

At Hoop Dee Doo Review (2 credit DDP) beer is included as a beverage option.

Right, good call. But in that case, beer (and wine)is included in the cost of the meal whether you drink beer or not. It's one of those rare all-inclusives that includes alcohol, also the Spirit of Aloha luau.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I seem to recall that the glass with the special lighted ice cube is not covered....can't remember where I saw that though

TheDuckRocks
09-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Here is a link to the offical DDP brochure:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

If you want something that is not included, go ahead and ask your server. We have found some locations to be more open on what they allow than others. Sometimes we have found an individual server will also be more generous, but I sure wouldn't count on that. I have never seen any dessert that is on the menu not included on the plan. Sci Fi Dine In and Whispering Canyon Cafe are 2 locations that I have always heard let you have a shake as your beverage. But on the other hand, I've never heard of any location allowing the glow cubes/characters with a beverage.
Don't fear you will have plenty of choices and more food than you might be able to eat.