PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Beach Club Resort

acetate
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
We were there the 9th to the 14th. Just a quickie trip re-cap. Hotel was great. Food and buses were not. We waited so long for a bus that on 2 occasions someone had to call transportation and have a bus sent to our resort ! Pretty sad. Food at the hotel was terrible no matter where we went. We ate at Captains Grill, Cape May Cafe, Hurricane Hannah's , and Beaches and Cream. Once away from the hotel things were great. Epcot, Studios, Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney were all good. Food and service were good. All rides were fine except for Mickey's Philharmagic which was up and running but only sort of. Only one of the three projection screens was being used for some reason even though you could faintly see the projection on the 2 side screens. (They remained covered throughout. Anyone know why they would do this?

faline
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
You certainly ran into your share of glitches. Hope you managed to have an enjoyable trip, regardless.

acetate
09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
We had a great time as usual, just thought it best to warn folks about the food at the Beach Club. That and the lack of buses were THE topics of conversation while we were there.

BrerGnat
09-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear you had some disappointments at BC. We stayed there over spring break and had really great luck with buses (this is something I will NEVER "blame" a resort for..I've experienced terrible bus service at almost every resort I've stayed at over the years).

We quite enjoyed the food at BC. We ate at Captain's Grill and Hurricane Hannahs, as well as at the Marketplace. Our experiences at those places were excellent.

To counter your experience, we found the food in the parks to be pretty awful, overall.

Glad you had a great trip regardless. We love Beach Club! :thumbsup:

acetate
09-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow is all I could think of Brer. I liked the resort pool and closeness to epcot, but man o man the food was indeed bad. I dont know what the deal was with the buses but it was the worst we've experienced. We've never seen a resort call for a bus and we've been there 6 times in the past 10 years. Stayed at All Star Music, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach twice, and now Beach Club. Most of the folks I talked to at the resort agreed. That being said the rest of the trip was great once we escaped our resort ! We'll definitely be heading back to Disney, just not the Beach Club.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the report

Travis1717
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm actually shocked the food was so bad for you at Beach Club. We were there in June and it was excellent. We ate at all the same places as you. The transportation was also good.

BrerGnat
09-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, as I said, the transportation thing can happen at ANY resort. It's just the way it is. I had the absolute WORST bus service of all my trips at the Wilderness Lodge, a few years ago. And, it was heartbreaking, because I LOVE that resort. That week was SO bad though, that I am having a hard time going back to stay there again. Second worst overall was at Pop Century several years ago. So, I assure you, other resorts experience poor bus service as well.

What was so bad about the food? I sort of find it hard to believe that you had SUCH bad food at all the places at BC, but the food in the parks was good? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I mean, what was so "bad" about it???

Ropachs
09-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry about your troubles, I hope the great parts helped make up for them.

We also had to call for a bus once, at CBR, waited 2 hours for a DTD bus. I think it's hit or miss at all the resorts. Case in point, Brer had it bad at WL...but that's where my in-laws stayed last year and had awesome bus service, never waited more than 10 minutes. There are resorts I won't go back to due to food (CSR) but I wouldn't let the busses influence my decision.

acetate
09-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi Brer, sorry I didnt get back to ya sooner, just been a busy few days here. To be specific, I'll start with the Cape May's dinner buffet. I tried both the roast beef and pork at the carving station. The roast beef was inedible. It was so tough and chewy that I literally could not chew it to eat it ! The pork was edible but bland. The steamed crab legs were soggy and mushy. It goes on. The bottom line was it either tasted bland, bad, or you couldn't eat it. I know it's bizarre but as I said we were not the only ones who thought that. When we complained their response was just,"Really? ohhh I'm so sorry". The next day we tried the Captains Grill where I had an appetizer called the tasters plate or something along those lines. It had 2 shrimp, 2 mushroom thingees and 2 of something that I didnt even know what it was...only that it was yucky. 12 dollars for 2 shrimp, 2 mushrooms? Come on. See what I'm saying. I got a cheeseburger from Hurricane Hannah's by the pool that I ate half of. Very cardboard-ish. I ate the fries but threw the other half of the burger in the trash.
As for the parks. We had a great dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I had pot roast while my wife ordered fried chicken. Both were excellent. Plenty of food and it tasted great.
Similarly in Magic Kingdom we had an early dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Again plenty of food, great taste. Turkey, Roast beef I could chew ! and ham. Plus all the sides. Stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy Mac and cheese, green beans. Really good stuff all round.
Downtown Disney we ate at Earl of Sandwich ..excellent! and T-Rex which was good as well.
Like I said it just seemed to be our resort. Parks good-resort...not so. I could go on about what my Mom had and my son but i dont really want to belabor the point. I just figured I should let folks know of our experience. The trip itself as I said was excellent in terms of customer service, rides etc.

BrerGnat
09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, your elaboration helped.

We didn't do Cape May because we are sort of not into buffet meals, so we avoid those.

Captain's Grill was a breakfast meal for us, and while not spectacular, it was good, as was service, so I have nothing bad to say there. I am surprised about your bad burger at HH, though. I had SUCH a good cheeseburger there. It was so juicy, and even a little pink still on the inside (the way I like it!). The cheese was gooey and melty, and the bun was toasted with butter on the griddle, and the edges were crispy while the inside was soft and moist. It was SO good. I finished it in about 2 minutes. It was BY FAR the best CS burger I've had anywhere in a Disney owned park/resort. We went back to HH's several times during our trip, mostly to get food for our kids, and their meals were great every time as well. I had heard raves about the cheeseburgers here, so I was expecting a lot, and I was not let down. Sorry you were. :( That's too bad.

LTT has consistently good food as well. I've lunched there several times (I have the 'Pilgrim's Feast" which is a lot of the same food that is served at dinner) and it is always excellent.