PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash to leave DHS- What should replace it?

MaxPower
09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I just read online that the Block Party Bash parade will be leaving Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2011.

What new parade theme would you like to see replace it?

Zawadi
09-15-2010, 03:20 PM
This might not appear very constructive but my answer is anything as I can't imagine anything worse. ;)

ChipNDale79
09-15-2010, 03:24 PM
does that include High School Musical? please say yes.

Melanie
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Well that didn't last long.

amorillo
09-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow! It's leaving already?!? I was so looking forward to taking my DD3 to see it.... but if this is true... we'll just miss it. Our next family trip isn't until the end of Feb! :(

crltkcagle
09-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Guess I am the odd ball out but I so enjoy the block party! Its great to see all of the pixar characters and dance with them! I can do without the whole HS musical thing though. Wish I could have seen it once more before it ends. :(

WDWdriver
09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
CMs are being told that the new parade will be Pixar Pals Cavalcade (working title) that will feature favorite Pixar characters. The parade will be performed to a new musical track from the current Pixar Play Parade at Disney California Adventure and will open January 16, 2011. Four Pixar Characters not currently seen in Block Party Bash – Remy and Emile from “Ratatouille” and Carl and Russell from Disney Pixar’s “Up” - will be added to the Pixar Pals Cavalcade lineup.

crltkcagle
09-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Ok that makes me happy then. I just loved seeing all the rare pixar characters. thanks for the info!

CMs are being told that the new parade will be Pixar Pals Cavalcade (working title) that will feature favorite Pixar characters. The parade will be performed to a new musical track from the current Pixar Play Parade at Disney California Adventure and will open January 16, 2011. Four Pixar Characters not currently seen in Block Party Bash – Remy and Emile from “Ratatouille” and Carl and Russell from Disney Pixar’s “Up” - will be added to the Pixar Pals Cavalcade lineup.

biodtl
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
The only two parades I have seen at DHS are the Stars and Cars and Block Party bash and we liked them both. I can see how folks might not care for BPB, but we enjoyed it because DD got picked to play and dance and we had a great time watching her.

Nascfan
09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
That's too bad it's leaving. It's a fun, high-energy parade and we really enjoyed it. Hopefully the next one will be good.

Gator
09-16-2010, 11:56 AM
This might not appear very constructive but my answer is anything as I can't imagine anything worse. ;)

Amen to that! It was terrible. When I watch a parade, I want to see characters - not CMs jumping around on trampolines. I like the Pixar parades. Just not BPB.

figmentduck
09-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I think they should bring back the Stars and Motor Cars parade. It was the best!

BrerGnat
09-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Amen to that! It was terrible. When I watch a parade, I want to see characters - not CMs jumping around on trampolines. I like the Pixar parades. Just not BPB.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, the Pixar Play Parade is not a whole lot different. Maybe less trampoline action, but still a VERY similar parade. Although, it does keep moving, which is nice.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Ugh. There was not much worse than the block party bash, but maybe that's because my kids are long beyond that stage. We just couldn't stand it. I loved the Stars and Motorcars parade.

BrerGnat
09-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Ugh. There was not much worse than the block party bash, but maybe that's because my kids are long beyond that stage. We just couldn't stand it. I loved the Stars and Motorcars parade.

The Pixar Play Parade is sort of like the Stars and Motorcars parade. I mean, if I had to describe it, it's a "hybrid" between those two. All the different Pixar characters have unique "vehicles" that they ride on. The Incredibles ones are the coolest. :thumbsup: The music, though...SUPER annoying.

Imagineer1981
09-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I actually liked the BPB, i thought it was fun and got the crowd excited instead of the normal float after float just passing by

Urbss
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I agree, I think this is a fun parade!! Actually, besides the "Main Street Electrical Parade", Block Party will most likely be the only parade we really try to see this year.

We went last year when my son was 4 and he loved it, so we will do it again when he is 5!!

This year though, I want to get a spot across the street from my son (if possible) so I can take pictures of his reactions instead of the floats.

frakers
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Worst.......Parade......Ever!

It lasted 2 years longer than it should have.