PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain / MNSSHP

Red Randal
09-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I was just looking at the map from this year's party on another site and I noticed that Space Mountain is not listed among the rides in Tomorrowland.

Is Space Mountain really not open during the party? If so, why in the world not?

If this was covered before, my apologies, but I'm flabbergasted by that one.

smokester653
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Space Mountain has been open during all the times we have been to MNSSHP. Granted it has been a few years since my family has been but we are going this year so i hope its not closed this year. :)

VWL Mom
09-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Space Mountain was closed for refurbishment last fall which is probably why it was not on the map.

joonyer
09-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I also looked at the 2010 MNSSHP map and see that Space Mountain is NOT listed as attraction open during the party, but the TTA is open. What gives? I wonder if this is a misprint from using last years map (when Space was closed for re-furb) or if it is fact closed during the party this year? Anyone go to the party last night?

Red Randal
09-15-2010, 09:37 PM
I also looked at the 2010 MNSSHP map and see that Space Mountain is NOT listed as attraction open during the party, but the TTA is open. What gives? I wonder if this is a misprint from using last years map (when Space was closed for re-furb) or if it is fact closed during the party this year? Anyone go to the party last night?

I can't imagine why it would be closed this year but it's definitely not on the 2010 map.

The absurdist in me hopes they reused last year's map and nobody noticed that it was missing, that would just be too classic, haha...but I can't IMAGINE that happening at Disney.

Any confirmation one way or the other, folks?

Fastpasssteve
09-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Thank you for looking into this matter. I had just noticed the same thing. It's good to know you are all 'on the job.'

VWL Mom
09-16-2010, 07:03 AM
There are some postings saying it was open and they were able to ride it at the party this week. Hopefully one of our fellow intercotees will come along and confirm this.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :fingers:

IloveJack
09-16-2010, 08:12 AM
"As far as Space Mountain... It has been established that this attraction is open during MNSSHP. "
-Quoted from The "World" According to Jack at All Ears

You can google his blog and read all about the first night's party. He addresses the SM issue and the early entry issue that has been greatly debated here.

grumpyguy
09-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Cool:cool:I'll be on it on the 25th!!!:thumbsup:

joonyer
09-16-2010, 12:56 PM
There are posts on other Disney fan boards that also confirm that Space Mountain was open during the party. That's great news as we'll be heading down in early October for the party.

brivers222
09-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Oct 11th and 14th for us!

Getting harder and harder to wait

BigRedDad
09-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Oct 11th and 14th for us!

If we have a blast on Oct 7th, I may buy tickets for my daughter and I to go on Oct 11th. Maybe we'll see you there.