PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower Games for Big Group?

mickeys_princess_mom
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi, friends! Haven't been on in quite awhile. Been super busy. Know of any fun baby shower "games" for a big crowd? Doing the guess-how-many-items-in-a-jar thing, plus stickers on some of the chairs....Tea party....looking for ways to give prizes but keep things relaxed and unstructured....Thanks for your ideas!

:babyroll:

Madame Leona
09-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Baby shower Bingo is fun. The guests make their own cards and as the mom open gifts, you check them off.

Jenemmy
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
This isn't a prize type game, but I do know of one really great idea. I did this for a friend's shower about 14 years ago, and she loved it. (Not my own personal idea, so not tooting my horn here! LOL)

Give each guest an envelope with a notecard inside. Number the envelopes for the number of guests. Whatever number you get, you write a note to the baby to be for him/her to open on that birthday. So, say you get envelope #10, on the child's 10th b-day, she opens the note from you. It is a great tradition for the child on each birthday, and brings a little memory of someone special. It also show the child as she grows how much love and excitement there was for her before she ever even arrived :mickey:

Cinderelley
09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
If they already picked a name out for the baby, you could give each guest a piece of paper with the baby's name at the top and have them make as many words out of it as they can in a set time frame. The person who comes up with the most words wins.
Get safety pins and if you say the word "baby" the first person to call you on it gets your safety pin. The person with the most safety pins at the end gets a prize.
The "memory" game where you put a bunch of baby items on a tray, show it to the guests for a little while and then take it away. The guests have to write down the items they remember on the tray. The person who remembers the most wins.

magicofdisney
09-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Take the paper off various jars of baby food and number them. Guest must guess which food is in each jar.

Fill different diapers with different candy bars and place them in the microwave until the bar melts. Guest must guess which bar made the "mess".

luvmyboys4ever
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
This isn't a game, but it helps the mom-to-be a great deal. Buy thank you notes and pass out the envelopes to all of the guests. Have each guest write their name and address on an envelope, collect them and put them in a box. Then, later on have a drawing and give away a prize or two. I did this for my step-mother's shower and it was a big hit. The guests liked it, because it wasn't too silly. The mom-to-be liked it, because she didn't have to write out all of their addresses on their thank you notes!:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
This isn't a prize type game, but I do know of one really great idea. I did this for a friend's shower about 14 years ago, and she loved it. (Not my own personal idea, so not tooting my horn here! LOL)

Give each guest an envelope with a notecard inside. Number the envelopes for the number of guests. Whatever number you get, you write a note to the baby to be for him/her to open on that birthday. So, say you get envelope #10, on the child's 10th b-day, she opens the note from you. It is a great tradition for the child on each birthday, and brings a little memory of someone special. It also show the child as she grows how much love and excitement there was for her before she ever even arrived :mickey:
What a sweet idea!~

mickeys_princess_mom
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
If they already picked a name out for the baby, you could give each guest a piece of paper with the baby's name at the top and have them make as many words out of it as they can in a set time frame. The person who comes up with the most words wins.
Get safety pins and if you say the word "baby" the first person to call you on it gets your safety pin. The person with the most safety pins at the end gets a prize.
The "memory" game where you put a bunch of baby items on a tray, show it to the guests for a little while and then take it away. The guests have to write down the items they remember on the tray. The person who remembers the most wins.

These are good--bought the safety pins (pink plastic diaper pins) yesterday for that game!

mickeys_princess_mom
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all your ideas! :wave:

White Rose
09-25-2010, 09:43 PM
There's one I've never done but seen done and it's not only fun but hilarious!

You get disposable diapers and melt certain candy bars in the microwave--I think you could even do mini ones or fun size ones and you put them in the diapers. Everyone then has to go around and guess what candy bar it is by looking at it.

And I think everyone not gets the drift was what those are supposed to look like...:blush: