PDA

View Full Version : Would You?

Through the looking Glass
09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
We are currently booked at SSR for our 9 night stay. Really we would rather be anywhere else. There are four of us.
The question is-- Would you move from resorts 2 times? There are openings at other resorts during our stay but none are concurrent. We would stay 4 days at one 4 days at another and our last day at another.
What ya think. Is this too much moving around?

DizneyRox
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
While I enjoy moving resorts, it does get old, and three move in in a 9 day trip is a lot.

But you're right, it's SSR and I too would rather be anywhere else as well. I might do it, actually, I probably would.

You can have Disney move your bags, but remember, you're going to have bell services hanging around with their hand out looking for a tip at each new resort.

Ian
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I have to say that, while I enjoy the opportunity to stay at different resorts on a trip, I've found that overall the hassle of moving resorts even once is really just not worth it.

I have moved three times in a trip once before and it was pretty terrible. You end up wasting a lot of time working to pack, unpack, check in, check out, check back in again. Too much time wasted, if you ask me.

andreallybadeggs
09-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Pre DVC we did split stays a couple of times for some 6 day vacations...(4 days then 2 days). I didn't mind that at all, in fact enjoy having 2 different experiences, but 3 resorts in 9 days IS a lot. Still, spending 9 nights at a resort you don't enjoy is a lot, too. I'd probably come down on the side of doing the resort jumping but just barely.

MinnieMommie
09-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I am fine with split stays and often select to do this even when I can get the entire stay at one place. If it will make you unhappy to stay at SSR for 9 days then the 4 /4 split seems like a good option especially if these DVCs will be near where you plan to spend the bulk of your time and are ones you like.

What I personally would not be comfortable with is the last night at a different resort. So I would chance the 4/4 split and waitlist for the last night at the resort you will be at on the last 4 nights. I would also ask at the front desk when you check in if they have an available room (for points) for your last night.

I was unable to get BLT for the last night of a long stretch and the waitlist did not come through for us but we were able to get the last night at BLT via the resort itself. Worth a try if you really do not want to stay at SSR for the entire stretch and you don't want to move 3 times. :mickey:

Briansmom
09-14-2010, 08:57 PM
We are currently booked at SSR for our 9 night stay. Really we would rather be anywhere else.

But you're right, it's SSR and I too would rather be anywhere else as well.

I've never been to this resort....why don't you like it? Good to know for future reference.,,

Through the looking Glass
09-14-2010, 09:46 PM
We stayed there for a long halloween weekend right after it opened. It seemed to be such a long walk to everything in the resort, (Grandstand area) 15min to the pool and to the HH. It is a very large resort and very spread out. Bus rides took forever. I understand it is the farthest resort from all the parks. It didn't feel very 'Disney like'. If I was more of a golfer it would probably be nicer.

Now don't get me wrong. Any resort in Disney will make me happy to be in Disney. I'd stay in a cardboard box with running water:camp: if I had to. I would prefer though, another resort if possible. I threw out the topic just to see what other DVC,ers :thanks:would do. Hopefully it gives others ideas too!

MinnieMommie
09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure but it sounds like you might have stayed in Paddock rather than Grandstand. Grandstand has its own pool (and they are building one in the Paddock area) and is very close to the main pool,Carriage House and food and is the first bus stop.

I genuinely love SSR and select to stay there often. Some people really do not like SSR just as others do not like other resorts. In my experience each DVC has it's own personality, charm and set of pros and cons. In the end we all have very different reasons (and sometimes not a reason but just a feel) for preferring some resorts over others.

I agree with the previous poster who said, "any resort in Disney will make me happy to be in Disney". We are so fortunate to have these choices! :mickey: