PDA

View Full Version : If you had to use a TS on a Lunch

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-13-2010, 11:48 PM
We have the free dining plan, and unlike past visits my DW and I will be bringing 3 little ones on their first visit. Needless to say our options are now limited based on 1) how long the kids can stay up and 2) the fact that with free dining there is limited availability.

So one option we are seriously perusing is to use our TS on lunch options (currently the only way we could get into Whispering Canyon).

So my question to you is, what DDP restaraunts would consider to be worthy to use a TS on the lunch menu?

Believe me, as someone who trys to get the most value out of the DDP it's hard to think of using TS on lunch menus, but it's probably our best option to get into some of the hard to get into restaraunts.

elmjimmlm
09-14-2010, 12:20 AM
We are fond of using our TS credits for lunch reservations so we can leave our evenings open to do what we want without having to stop and go eat...
LTT has a lunch menu and for dinner it is a family style dinner...Tonys has a great lunch menu with a lot to offer...Yak and Yeti has the same menu for lunch and dinner and we love it there...I think there are several that offer the same items for lunch and dinner, you just have to compare...
Have fun with the kids!!! :mickey:

jenperich
09-14-2010, 02:10 AM
We love Sci-Fi and 50's for lunch. We've also eaten at Le Cellier for lunch - yummy!

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-14-2010, 06:28 AM
We just did Coral Reef for lunch in the beginning of September. Everyone in our group loved it.

SBETigg
09-14-2010, 07:31 AM
My recommendation as an adult with adult children is not necessarily going to fit a family with little ones. My favorite lunches are at Grand Floridian Cafe, San Angel Inn, Sci-Fi Dine In, Chefs de France, Rose & Crown, Sanaa. San Angel Inn and Sci Fi seldom make anyone's list of favorites, but I always enjoy them for lunch. And actually, you could still do any one of my favorites with little ones in tow. Especially Sanaa (view of animals at AKL's Kidani Village).

But for more kid-friendly choices, there are always the character meals like 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Akershus. Or something like Rainforest Cafe or T. Rex in Downtown Disney.

Jared
09-14-2010, 09:11 AM
We just did Coral Reef for lunch in the beginning of September. Everyone in our group loved it.
I agree. We love Coral Reef for lunch and strongly recommend it.

If you want to eat lunch in the parks, consider Liberty Tree Tavern, Les Chefs de France or Yak & Yeti and Tusker House.

Resort restaurants worth trying include Kona Cafe, Sanaa and Grand Floridian Cafe.

Hope those helps!

:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Lecellier or Chefs de France would be good choices at Epcot

Crystal Palace Buffet a good choice at Magic Kingdom

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-14-2010, 10:44 AM
sci-fi and crystal palace with kids at lunch... another thought is the latest character breakfasts for a brunch type meal!!

AllDisney
09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Coral Reef gets my vote. The kids will love the aquarium right in front of them. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

Other good places are Sci-Fi, Prime Time, T-Rex, & Liberty Tree Tavern. Whatever you pick....Enjoy:thumbsup:

badkitty
09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
I vote for Sanaa. The lunch menu is very similar to the dinner and the kiddos can watch the animals. Really cool. :thumbsup:

In my dreams
09-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Don't forget you can use a TS for a Character Breakfast buffet too:mickey:

brownie
09-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Go with what will work for your schedule.

MomTo3Tiggers
09-15-2010, 09:23 PM
In the parks:
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Hollywood and Vine

- all places I've taken my kids with good dining choices and entertaining enough for my kids.

PinKy
09-16-2010, 03:15 PM
We actually eat TS MOST of the time we are at Disney with the exception of the last night when we have a "parents' night out" and get a sitter for the kids. We have 3 children under 5 years of age and a "sit down meal" at dinner time at Disney is not a great experience for anyone, so we just do a quick service and take the kiddos back to the resort for bed time!

I would just choose what you WOULD have chosen for dinner - and have that for lunch. Le Cellier at Epcot? Liberty Tree or Tony's Town Square are both great for kids..... Have a good trip!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks everyone - these are some really great suggestions. It's got me thinking about restaraunts I wouldn't normally have thought of, like Kona, Coral Reef and Saana.

With all the free dining out there, very very difficult to get what you want, much less when you want it. LeCellier or Ohana, forget it, Whispering Canyon - only if my 3,5 & 8 year olds can wait until 9:00pm for dinner. I tried for our entire week to find something (breakfast and dinner) at 1900 Park Fare, but no go.

I've managed a lunch at Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon and a dinner at Tutto Italia, but that's it so far.

jillluvsdisney
09-16-2010, 07:28 PM
We had lunch on our most recent trip at Le Cellier, 50's Primetime Cafe and Tony's. All were very nice experiences.