PDA

View Full Version : Free wifi at value resorts?

Captain_Nemo
09-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Is there any free WiFi in resort lobbies? I am staying at All-Star Sports tomorrow and was wondering if I should bring laptop. I know I can buy internet access per night but I don't need it that bad. thanks :mickey:

badkitty
09-13-2010, 06:14 PM
There isn't any free wi-fi on Disney property that I know of unless you are DVC or Club Level and I'm not sure of the Club Level.

Captain_Nemo
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
thanks, I did some searching supposedly there is a few areas that can get it but its not really supposed to be used that I dug up

"There is free wifi in the following two places:

In epcot by innoventions east and the art of disney store.

At downtown disney by the side of wolfgang puck area."

BigRedDad
09-14-2010, 08:22 AM
There are random chances that you can pick up someone's cell phone that has WiFi tethering. However, if they are tethering they should be smart enough to encrypt the connection to not allow anyone to access it.

mrmcgiv
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
If you really needed it I believe you can go to Coranado Springs resort and they have common areas w/ free wifi (is it is the convention resort). We were at sports last month and my husband headed out to the McD's right there to access his email and no free wifi. I bet That is so you spend the $10 at Disney per night. So he came back and got the room wifi - but he could have just gone to CSR which is VERY close to sports...he did not realize it at the time though.

LynneM
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
There's no free wi-fi at CSR. It's $9.95 per 24 hour period, as it is at the other convention resorts.

it's possible that someone accidentally left a router unsecured, or that a convention organizer picked up the cost of wi-fi for the convention guests, and that's what you came across. That does happen sometimes at convention hotels.

But, as a matter of course, expect to pay for wi-fi at any resort that offers it. Except for the McD's over by the All-Stars, expect to pay for any and all internet access on property. Even at the McD's, I hear that you need to purchase something to get the code for wi-fi access.

Goes4FastPass
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
There are some porches at Fort Wilderness where you can always see happy campers relaxing and using their laptops.

Only and WDW can guests expect to pay so much and the pay extra for Wi Fi.

Pirate Granny
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
I get a 30 day 3G from AT&T for $15...it worked very well with my I-pad at akl...will see if it works at BCV next week.
:pirate: