PDA

View Full Version : Adults only trip

mickey_M_lvr
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey all. My DH and I are planning our 10 year anniversary trip. We decided to re-do our honeymoon by going to Disney World. I can't wait! So that being said.... We are on the DDDP and want to know what resturants are a must do for adults. We are not anti-child...we love the one we have....but it is our 2nd honeymoon....:blush:

We are not budgeting to pay oop for food with the DDDP. Can you help me out??

Thanks!

deedeenmickey
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
My DH & I did an adults only trip last February and it was one of the best we have ever had! I always get overwhelmed by trying to make sure the kids have a good time I lose focus on us. This trip was so much more relaxing! We did the usual resturants (LeCellier, Boma, Ohana, BierGarten, Hoop De Doo, etc) but it was still good. I have never tired the special dining like Victoria & Alberts, Narcoosees, etc but I hear they are exceptional. Either way I hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

Melanie
09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
My DH and I did an adults-only, 10 year anniversary, re-do of our honeymoon as well. How fun for you!!!! :party2:

Our two favorite more adult meals that trip were California Grill and Jiko. :thumbsup:

We were just talking the other day how we'd like to try Narcoosee's sometime soon. I hear wonderful things about it.

SBETigg
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
We did an adults-only trip with Deluxe Dining, and it really was too much food for us, even though we focused on Signature dining. Night after night of big rich meals... it was a bit much. But still glad we did it. My favorites are California Grill, Narcoossee's, Citricos, and Flying Fish. Not signature dining, but I love Sanaa and Boma (more than I love Jiko, in both cases, though Jiko is also very good), and Kouzzina. Grand Floridian Cafe, Boma, and Kouzzina also have great breakfasts.

Our new favorite is Bistro de Paris, and not on the plan but so worth a trip. I always like to fit in some World Showcase dining, or snacking (great place to use those snack credits).

2MuchWDFun
09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
For our next trip over Christmas we are not planning on paying out of pocket for dining either--except for tips and any adult beverages.

Our plan is to use the DDDP for a breakfast or lunch plus a great signature dinner. For our upcoming trip we'll be doing a signature meal everynight except for two where we'll have breakfast in Cindy's Castle and dinner at Coral Reef--which can be romantic especially if you can get down by the tank; we'll also be having dinner at Kouzzina's our first night in the World. Plus, we are going to Hoop de Doo one night (uses 2 dining credit)s--we haven't been to HdDR since around 1995!

Our additional lunches and breakfasts are at SciFi Diner, Yak and Yeti, breakfast at Kona for the Tonga Toast, NineDragons, and Le Cellier.

The snacks will cover anything you may need to munch on in between your fabulous meals. Ir is very easy to use your snack for breakfast!

Everyone has already mentioned some great signature restaurants...Cali Grill and Narcossee's are great for viewing the MK fireworks. Artist point is a romantic choice in Wilderness Lodge. Citricos has wonderful food in an elegant dining room. Check out the menu's to make sure you'll love the food as well as the romantic setting. We really enjoyed our meal at Sanaa last year--make sure you get there during daylight to view the animals. There were families enjoying their meals--it's really not an adult only restaurant, but it is very charming and quiet.

Enjoy your anniversary!

Jared
09-13-2010, 05:34 PM
The ability to try the wonderful signature restaurants makes the deluxe dining plan a fabulous experience, even though you will almost definitely overeat. Treat yourself on vacation and diet when you return! You will walk enough miles in the parks every day to burn at least some of those delicious calories. ;)

As always, I echo Sherri's sentiments in terms of places to eat, but I think she downplayed Jiko a bit. My girlfriend and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner there in May, and I find the atmosphere a bit cozier and sophisticated than Boma and Sanaa. However, Animal Kingdom Lodge consistently serves some of the best food on property at all three of its wonderful restaurants.

Like Sherri, I adore Kouzzina.

I also recommend Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. After a bunch of heavy, rich dinners, you will appreciate the casual, relaxed environment and the creative food.

SBETigg
09-13-2010, 08:03 PM
As always, I echo Sherri's sentiments in terms of places to eat, but I think she downplayed Jiko a bit. My girlfriend and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner there in May, and I find the atmosphere a bit cozier and sophisticated than Boma and Sanaa. However, Animal Kingdom Lodge consistently serves some of the best food on property at all three of its wonderful restaurants.

Like Sherri, I adore Kouzzina.

So glad you're back. You have great taste. ;)

I didn't really get to enjoy Jiko because something from a previous meal made me sick on the night we went, and then my husband became ill, too. Symptoms didn't strike until we were seated. So it has that memory for us that keeps us from rushing back (though they were amazing, as far as service, packed our food to go and didn't charge us for our bottle of wine). The food reheated the next day was good, but I missed the full impact of eating it there. We'll have to repeat it at some point (not ready yet). The atmosphere is very cool, far better than Boma's atmosphere (cafeteria-like at Boma) but not as unique for me as Sanaa. Really liked Sanaa, and love the buffet at Boma though I normally dislike and avoid buffets. I enjoy getting to sample so many wonderful things. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a win for dining, as is the Grand Floridian, but AKL is more unique and worth a visit.

We also part ways on Kona. We had a really bad experience there and it's one of my least favorite WDW restaurants. But if done well, I suppose it's probably good. Just wasn't for us. I do love the Kona sushi bar.

Brooklynos
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
My husband and I have taken many adult only trips (we don't have kids but take our little brother and sister sometimes). We have gotten so we only do the DDDP. We do Crystal Palace early in the mornings of MK days, Norway breakfast was neat to see the park empty, trying AK breakfast this coming up trip. Then lunch and dinner, normally not signature all the time, but it's nice to have the option to eat three times a day when you want to. My husband is big into three meals a day and I am able to try things I may not normally knowing I don't have to eat everything. Your trip will be wonderful! My husband and I feel like we go home once a year while at Disney and have enjoyed our many pre-children trips!!!

Joannelet
09-13-2010, 09:05 PM
I have been to Disney without children many times. My son is 21 months. (We have been there 2x's with him though).
The times that we were without children was just as fun as with children :)
First congrats on your 10 year anniversary!!
Restaurants that we enjoyed without children is California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier, and Flying Fish. I have heard but have not been to Artist Point but I hear that is great and a romantic dinner as well.
Have a great anniversary and enjoy your time together in Disney World!

beksy
09-13-2010, 11:17 PM
We had the DDDP last trip and did several signature meals. Our favorite (all 3 of us agreed) was Narcossees and we are going back again this trip. Food and service and atmosphere were wonderful! We enjoyed California Grill and the view but the food at Narcossees was more to our liking. I also love Kona, for dinner and for breakfast. Have a great trip!

jenperich
09-14-2010, 01:59 AM
My husband and I have done Narcoosee's, Artist Point, and California Grill - all of which I would recommend in a second!

This time, we are on the DDDP, and we are trying Jiko, Kouzzina, and Boma. We are also returning to some favorites.

Dining is one of our most favorite parts of WDW and this time is no different! Have a great time and happy anniversary.:cloud9:

AllDisney
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
My husband now go without our daughter, however, now that she is done college we try & do a mom & daughter trip every so often.

That being said my husband & I love Jiko, Artist Point, & California Grill and think, if you've not tried any of these to give them a try. I don' t think you'll be disappointed.

Happy Anniversary:party: