PDA

View Full Version : Don’t Rate My ADRs…

Goes4FastPass
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
…unless you really want to, I guess.

When planning a WDW vacation, getting all of the ADRs for a WDW trip completed can be a real project. After sorting out all of your group’s opinions, the one who really want to eat at… and the one who really doesn’t want to eat at… there’s working out an itinerary – like changing which day you visit Epcot because of when a Le Cellier reservation is available.

When the group ADR wrangler posts, “Rate My ADRs” is s/he really saying, “If some of you don’t like one of my choices I’ll change it” or is the message, “Dad in North Carolina, you just finished your ADRs. What are you going to do next? “I’m going to Disney World!”

Anyway, here are the ADRs for our upcoming Granddad-Son-Grandson trip. They’re based on what we like, having a wide-open 4YO in our trio, the parks we plan to visit, and what was available when we started booking.

T-Rex (D)
Whispering Canyon (D)
Crystal Palace (D)
Garden Grill (D)
Tusker House (L)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
The only one we've ever been to was Crystal Palace and we really enjoyed our last meal there...the others sound great, enjoy:thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I think some people ask for opinions on their choices because they're new to them and they want to know what to expect, good or bad. I don't think it really changes anyone's mind on them, for the most part. Or, I hope not. My taste is not necessarily your taste, and I could have gone on a good or bad day, influencing the report. When a place tends to get lots of mixed reviews, or a landslide one way or the other of positives or negatives, I start to pay attention. But I still usually try for myself. I love San Angel Inn and continue to have good experiences there despite the many people who don't like (with a passion). To each his own.

As for your ADRs, enjoy!

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you just said, but it looks like you have a great line-up of meals heading your way! :mickey:

Now I'm going to rate and comment - lol.

T-Rex (D) : Didn't eat there, but checked it out, and it was gorgeous in there! A+

Whispering Canyon (D) A fun dining experience, and I ate an absurd amount of ribs there! A+

Crystal Palace (D) One of my sentimental favorites. A true gem. A+

Garden Grill (D) Delicious, fresh food, and great characters in a unique rotating restaurant. A+

Tusker House (L) A surprisingly good quick serve when I dined there, so I imagine it's a decent sit-down now. The atmosphere/theming in Harambe Village is very inviting. A+ :mickey:

DizneyRox
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Jared
09-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I always preface my reviews by telling people to essentially ignore them. It sounds counterintuitive, but I believe everybody should try the restaurant in question before passing judgment! Like Sherri said, I start to heed the reviews if they begin to tilt dramatically in one direction. But if I learned anything from posting here for more than nine years, I know the unlikelihood of ever reaching a consensus about a certain place.

Case in point: People traditionally bash Coral Reef. My family loves it. I praise Kouzzina seemingly in every thread, but I rarely read kind words about it.

tinksmom02
09-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I like posting my upcoming ADRs, and reviews when we come home, because I like sharing, and I like to hear about other people's experiences. I always like hearing suggestions on where to go and what to eat!

As for yours, they sound great--your 4yo should be very happy!

beksy
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Great choices, especially with a 4 year-old!