PDA

View Full Version : Tuto Italia - Via Napoli (dumb question)?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry for the dumb question. When I look at the online DDP reservations I see both of these restaraunts listed. Are they one in the same or are there two separate restaraunts. I thought Tuto was only temporary until the new one came in, which I thought was Via Napoli.

DW wants me to book Italian so the kids can have sphagetti, so trying to figure this out.

BrerGnat
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
No, they are two separate Table Service restaurants. They are run by the same parent company, Patina Group.

Tutto Italia is the more "formal" restaurant. Food is classic Northern Italian, for the most part.

Via Napoli is primarily a pizzeria, although they have some southern Italian regional cuisine (from Naples) on the menu as well. It's more casual and open, but still a sit down restaurant.

Spaghetti is an option at both places.

SBETigg
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Via Napoli is not the intended replacement for Tutto Italia. When Alfredo's changed over to Tutto Italia, they did say that an eventual refurb would be in the works-- but Via Napoli is a separate new restaurant offering and not a result of that. Tutto Italia will be operating as is for the foreseeable future (no plans announced) alongside the new Via Napoli.

Via Napoli, by the way, is informal, bright, fun, with great pizza (and probably good other dishes, but we only tried the pizza).

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks! I thought I was losing it for a minute. I was certain that Tuto was only temporary, but this makes much more sense. At least now I know to look for both menus.

Thanks again:D

Jared
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
What happened to the Tutto Italia refurbishment? When it first opened, I also remember hearing it would quickly change into something permanent. I think at this point everybody views Tutto Italia as an Epcot fixture!