PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with Planning

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Our next trip is 16 months away but I can't help constantly checking websites for updates and planning obsessively...anyone else like this?:blush:

Ms. Mode
09-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh yes!

As a matter of fact, we have talked my DH into another trip because of it... :thumbsup:

jodijo
09-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Me too! Lately I have been so depressed because we have no upcoming trips to plan for. I think planning is half of the fun.

Daisy'sMom
09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
OK, we are going the end of Oct for a week. We do day trips once in a while. We are planning a huge family reunion at Thanksgiving next year. I'm planning that one now. You are not alone.:mickey:

cer
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Me too! Lately I have been so depressed because we have no upcoming trips to plan for. I think planning is half of the fun.

Dear Jodi,

You are not alone. We don't have any upcoming trip planned either..... :(

But these boards DO help. - Well, sometimes. Kind of difficult to read posts about folks who "have to stay at a Value Resort this year." :confused:

But I do tend to plan even when there is not a trip set. It goes something like this...."Next time we go I want to make sure that we...." You get the idea. So I guess I am never really NOT planning....:blush:

Momto3littlemice
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Anything under 2 years seems reasonable to me! :mickey:

ozmom
09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Me too!!!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Anything under 2 years seems reasonable to me! :mickey:

We generally do every 3 years and it seems like forever:(

Joannelet
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
When I don't have anything planned I find someone who is planning on going and I help them plan!! :)
I am very Disney crazed and have trouble NOT talking about Disney or planning trips. LOL

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Yes! We're still paying for this most recent trip, and I have no idea when the next one might be, but rest assured, I am already planning it. I'm narrowing down hotels choices, considering ADR choices, compiling what we regretted missing last time, and in my mind, I'm trying to perfect my itinerary from the good and bad ideas of the past.

For instance, next time we go, we're definitely going to fit in Fantasmic! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
:mickey: You are so most definitely not alone... I am ALWAYS planning our next trip, whether I know when it is, or not!! :blush: I will admit to being a bit cheerier about the planning when I actually have a date set, but that goes w/o saying, I guess... ;)

Our next family trip is next August, and we wouldn't have even booked it yet if it wasn't for the fact that the Free Dining promotion came out already... but it sure has had me planning to a far greater extent than I would be already! I figure that's okay, though, b/c as the holidays come and all that those entail begins to happen, the planning will go by the wayside 'til January (for the most part... not all of it, never all of it... :)) and then when mid-winter hits and I have nothing else to do, I can become completely obsessed again!!

(and now, I am lucky enough to be considering a January trip with some girlfriends, so that's got me in a completely different mode of planning... :D)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
We've never been lucky enough to get free dining, but we got a refund last trip because they ran a special for part of our stay

joonyer
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Our next trip is 16 months away but I can't help constantly checking websites for updates and planning obsessively...anyone else like this?:blush:

Nope, Nobody else. We are all just hangin' around Intercot cause we are NOT obsessed with thinking about going to WDW, even though we do not have another trip scheduled at the moment. No, not obsessed, You are the only one. :secret:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
it goes in spurts for me. when i have a long time between trips, sometimes reading about everyone else's trips and planning gets be a bit depressed and I have to "step away from the internet." But, then a trip starts coming into view and I'm here like a crazed woman all over again!

We are 31 days away from our next trip and I am going nuts. Our countdown started in the 300's this trip. Our last trip, the countdown started in the 900's so, I feel your pain. It's never to early to plan.... always be prepared because you never know when a trip will come!

are we enablers or what?

Disney4us2
09-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Obsessed!!! I think we all are:secret:.

I was planning my December trip when I was not sure it was going to even happen. Got my ADR's all set up, just needed to book it.

When I found out I was actually able to go... whoooo hoooo. I booked it, got my air fare and am ready to go.

In the meantime until I get to WDW , we are at Disneyland on Saturdays. I will get my fix, one way or another;)

Dedivah
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM

We are a little less than 13 months away and all I can think of is our trip and planning every aspect of it.

I think I have every possible Disney online publication sending me emails, I signed up for Disney Parks Mobile Program, so I get texts ever so often and I even downloaded Disney Vacation Connection on my home and work computer.

Obsessed? Maybe just a tad. :cloud9:

Wolf
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
My name is Wolf and I am a planaholic... ^.^ It helps more trips happen I think! I'm currently planning a trip to celebrate my college graduation!

lynnek
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I am very grateful to a friend, who didn't have a trip planned, but jumped right in and started me on the planning aspect of our trip. We are going for the first time in Nov to WDW, not new to Disney--took a two week cruise, following Katrina in. My friend gave me a short list of restaurants, said make some dining reservations at those and I was on my way!! I find planning prevents meltdowns from kids becasue they get to participate in the planning as well. This whole thing has made my husband a bit nervous, but he's starting to get into it.

Tink1
09-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Well....ummmmm........yes!

Nanc