View Full Version : Disney 2010 Take Two - Day 4

Disneyfirsttimer
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Cast of Characters

Me (41)
DH (41)
DS (11)
DD (8.5)

This was our first experience visiting in Sept and our first experience with a value - Pop Century! Must say both experiences were awesome! We were told it was quieter by many and boy were they right :thumbsup:. We had 2 days of base tickets and 2 days of PHs.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

We had planned to go to HS for AM EMH so DH and DS could ride ToT and RNRC and maybe get on TSM (enough acronyms). We just could not get up. The kids were wiped out and so were we. So we skipped it. We got up and ate breakfast in the food court and arrived at AK around 9:15am. We head straight for EE. Not for me of course, but for DH and DS. They love this ride (it is their second favorite to RNRC). The wait is 5 minutes. They ride twice and then DD gets the nerve to try it. She survives again, but doesn’t like it enough to go on again. DH and DS ride one more time. We grad FPs just in case and head over to Kali Rapids. We ride this and I get completely soaked. I end up being backwards down the big drop. Since we are already wet and there is no wait we ride again. This time I don’t get it.

We do notice a theme for the trip for the FPs. In previous trips, they would sell out by 11 or 12 or you would get one which would be for 4 hrs later. This trip, that never happened. They never sold out (except for TSM) and the return time was never more than 40 minutes from when you got it. We loved this.

We do the safari and Tough to be a Bug. Love that show. Especially love sitting next to ppl who have never been on it. Ate lunch at Yak & Yeti. We love this CS. I had the Asian Chicken Sandwich. It was very good. DH had the Sweet and Sour Pork and DS had the Honey Chicken. I miss the Kung Pao Beef. DD had a cheeseburger. It was one of our best CS meals and we really enjoyed it. After lunch we headed back to Kali and got soaked again and DH and DS rode EE two more times. Then on to Dinoland. Kids rode Primeval Whirl 3 times. 5 minute wait. They were not even using the FP machines. This one is usually a wait when we go. Then we finish with Dinosaur. We leave the park by 3:00pm.

At Pop we head back to the pool and swim until around 6:00pm. We eat dinner at Pop and the kids play in the arcade. They wanted to swim afterwards but the skies were threatening again and the pool was closed. Head back to the room at 9:00pm. Pack up for departure tomorrow.

Next up: Departure and Final Thoughts

Joannelet
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Great trip!!
So did you guys ever get on TSM? Have you gone on it before?
You guys did a lot in such a short amount of time!! Glad you had fun!!!

Disneyfirsttimer
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Never got on TSM. Did it once during spring break with FPs. Liked the ride but not enough to wait 80 minutes :blush:

yjgirl32
09-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing.

T-Belle
09-13-2010, 09:27 AM
How fun for your DH and DS to go on EE so many times!

faline
09-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Another day with short lines and low crowds! Very nice!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Great report

Mickeydream
09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Sounds like all went well. Don't you just hate that packing up and going home feeling?

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
great day at AK. It's so sad that tomorrow is the last day!

amorillo
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Wow! It seems like you did so much in just a few short days!

RedSoxFan
09-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Can't believe your short wait times. Great day at AK. I have never done Kali --- don't like to get wet.:mickey:

KylesMom
09-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I can certainly understand why you guys weren't quite ready to get up at the crack of dawn with the way you've been going non-stop the past few days! Although you didn't make it to your original destination, it sounds like you had another wonderful day. What a bummer that it's already time to pack up!