View Full Version : Disney 2010 Take Two - Day 2

Disneyfirsttimer
09-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Cast of Characters

Me (41)
DH (41)
DS (11)
DD (8.5)

This was our first experience visiting in Sept and our first experience with a value - Pop Century! Must say both experiences were awesome! We were told it was quieter by many and boy were they right :thumbsup:. We had 2 days of base tickets and 2 days of PHs.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today is MK. Park opens at 8:00am and our plan is to be there. We eat breakfast in the foodcourt and arrive at MK just as the characters are opening the park. Pretty close. Buses so far at Pop have been great. Get into park and head to Tomorrowland. We ride Buzz twice. Then onto SM. Saw only 5-10 minute waits. My DD decides to try it. Again, survives, but doesn’t like it enough to go again. I was using her as a gauge to decide whether or not I would try it. Sad, I know. Actually my DH doesn’t really like it either. It messed up his stomach for the rest of the day. DS rides again solo.

Head over to Frontierland. I decide to try BTMRR. I know. I am a big baby. Same here – 5-10 minute waits. Don’t even need FPs. We have never not needed them before. I try it and actually like it (although I screamed). Kicking myself for not trying it before. We ride 2 more times then head to Splash. First for me and DD. I figure how bad could one big drop be. The smaller ones are fine. We just start up the first hill and down comes a boat, splashes us and we get completely soaked! I also survive the big drop and love this one too. Ride again and don’t get wet. We go through a do a bunch more rides then lunch at Columbia Harbor House. I had the Lighthouse Sandwich, DH the Fried Fish Basket, DS chicken nuggets and DD chicken nuggets. It was all good.

After lunch we head back to Pop for swimming. We grabbed some FPs for later but never really needed them. Go back to MK by 6:00pm. Park closes at 10pm again. DS does Space a few more times. We do BTMMR and Splash again many times. Did POTC, HM, Snow White, Jungle Cruise, etc. Splash is so slow we get to stay on twice. We ate dinner at Pecos Bill. Is it me or does riding in the dark make the ride feel faster? For some reason, BTMMR seemed super fast at night. Felt the same on Test Track. I think it is because you can’t really see where you are going. Lots of fun. Saw fireworks while on Splash. As we head out, we all enjoy Dole Whip Floats (yum). We leave after the Electrical Parade at 10:00pm. Another great day.

New things for me (BTMRR and Splash Mountain). Loved both. New rides for DD (Space Mtn and Splash Mtn). New thing as a family – Carousel of Progress. Never tried this. It is very interesting.

Next up: Epcot

Joannelet
09-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm glad you tried some "new" rides for yourself :)
Splash Mountain is one of my favs.
If you sit in the back of the train on Thunder Mountain it is amazing and SUPER fast :)
The front is definitely not as fast......
Night time is the best for going on rides. They do feel different. Jungle Cruise is another that is completely different at night.

Disney4us2
09-13-2010, 01:44 AM
I am the same with coasters. I love BTMRR, but will only ride during the day.:blush:

Sounds like another great day:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
09-13-2010, 08:12 AM
I love experiencing new things at Disney- congrats. Thanks for sharing.

faline
09-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Congrats on conquering two new rides!!! :thumbsup:

Lovely day!

T-Belle
09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Congrats on the new adventures! Your so right about the different feel of the rides at night.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2010, 10:05 AM
that's cool....I also don't do the big thrill rides and tried BTRM last time and we also tried COP as family for the first time last trip:mickey:

dtootsie42
09-20-2010, 01:24 AM
I do not ride the coasters but may have to try and conquer some of my fears. We are going to Disneyland in November and I want to ride the Matterhorn but I always back out. Hearing your adventure gives me hope :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
good for you for trying new rides!!!!!! :thumbsup:

amorillo
09-21-2010, 07:36 AM
DH & I got to see some fireworks from Splash a few years ago... very cool!

RedSoxFan
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
DH loves riding the rides at night. Completely different than in the daytime. :mickey:

princessgirls
09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Glad you tried some new rides!! A wonderful day!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
09-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Way to go! I know that trying new things can be intimidating, but I'm glad you gave them a whirl - and came away enjoying yourself! Those attraction waits sound heavenly. :cloud9: Thanks for sharing another cool day with us! :mickey: