PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan Advise needed...

jensantuit
09-12-2010, 04:09 PM
My husband and I are surprising our boys 6 and 4 with a trip to Disney in December :secret:. We just got back from a great trip in August and we used the regular dining plan. This time we are thinking about using the quick service dining plan. We have never used this option before and were wondering what people's impressions of the QSDP are. Did you love it, hate it? We did a bunch of character meals the last time we were there so that is not an issue for us and we like the flexibility of not being confined to reservations this trip. Any advise or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. :mickey:

Alaska Disney Fan
09-12-2010, 04:57 PM
We have done both plans, the last visit was QSDP. We really liked the fact that we could eat at anytime we wanted and weren't tied to a reservation at a specific palce and time. You can get plenty to eat on the QSDP if you go to the right places, many times we shared meals because of the amount of food per serving. Another nice thing is that you can all eat at different places. One night I ate at Casey's, DS ate at the bakery and my DW and DD shared a meal at Cosmic Rays. We also "ate around the world" at World Showcase by buying 1 CS at multiple countries and sharing. We usually plan every part of our trip, with the QSDP we were able to do what we wanted, when we wanted, it was a great trip.

Tinker Fan
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
We loved the QSDP!!! Great flexibility, and shared a few meals with our kids because they were so big and had an extra CS for the late nights we were out. I would definitly do this plan again. There are some really good places for QS out there you just have to find them.

PalMickey
09-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Of course, the Diner Plan is great, but the QSDP offers more flexibility. Should you go for the QSDP, we have 3 good suggestions. First,The Pepper Market at the Coronado Spring: geat variety of food and very decent portion (including steak on Quick service meals). Second, Woolfgang Puck at the Market Place (not east side) and of course Season inside The Land Pavillion (dessert section is exceptional and sushi is very good).