PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You To Disney World!

plutosnana
09-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I have wanted to tell Disney thank you, so I have said thank you to some cast members. Just for fun, what would you say to any cast member???

I would say:
Thank for working here!
and making our vacation better!

This makes me think what all the cms have to do that some of us don't want to do.
So to them!
Thank you CMS!

:goofy:

crltkcagle
09-12-2010, 09:58 AM
For the cm's
Thank you for wearing those hot costumes to make my kids happy. Thank you for keeping the place clean and litter free. Thank you for adding that little touch of magic to make our trip special!

AgentP
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Thank you for helping me plan a beautiful and memorable Disney wedding at the Wilderness Lodge! So many happy memories:cloud9:

debandbub
09-12-2010, 02:08 PM
You know, I was just thinking of this! I would say "Thank you for coming to work today so that we could enjoy our day here". I feel that every day at Disney is like a holiday for us, and even though it may just be any random Tuesday to a cast member, they still deserve to know they are adding something special to our day, just by coming to work.

SandmanGStefani24
09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
thank you to the CMs in the World Showcase!

Thank you for helping us feel like we've left our country and entered yours! And thank you CMs at table service restaurants in the WS as well! I've never had a bad meal! :marg:

faline
09-12-2010, 08:12 PM
There are so many wonderful cast members! They work weekends, holidays and late into the night! They greet me with a smile, engage me in conversation and help make my trip special! They make and serve me meals, clean my room, transport my bags, and take me from one location to another. They assist me in the parks and stores and sprinkle pixie dust along the way! They provide me with entertainment and make me feel as though I never left childhood! When I have a problem, they assist. Thanks to all!

IloveDisney71
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I want to thank all the wonderful CM's from the bus drivers, ride attendants, street sweepers, mousekeepers, counter service workers, greeters at the turnstyles, photopass photographers, etc. You work in all kinds of weather. You work long hours. You work nights, week-ends, and often on holidays so we can make wonderful memories with our families. Most of you do it with a smile on your face even though you don't often get thanks from the guests you serve and even suffer verbal abuse from some of them. I appreciate the job that you do and the magic that you help create!:mickey:

Joannelet
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM
wow what a great thread because the cm's work soo sooo hard and it's sooo important for them to know how much they are appreciated!!! :)

Thanks to all the cm's for keeping the magic alive!!! :mickey:

beksy
09-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I want to thank all the wonderful CM's from the bus drivers, ride attendants, street sweepers, mousekeepers, counter service workers, greeters at the turnstyles, photopass photographers, etc. You work in all kinds of weather. You work long hours. You work nights, week-ends, and often on holidays so we can make wonderful memories with our families. Most of you do it with a smile on your face even though you don't often get thanks from the guests you serve and even suffer verbal abuse from some of them. I appreciate the job that you do and the magic that you help create!:mickey:

This sums it up perfectly! Too often I find myself just enjoying the magic and my vacation without appreciating the sacrifices the CMs make to make my trips so wonderful. I am especially grateful for some of the bus drivers and other CMs that go out of their way to help Mom and not make her feel like the ECV is a burden even though I know it makes their jobs more difficult

Fastpasssteve
09-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Thank you for creating and sustaining such a wonderful place for making memories with family and friends. No place is neutral...it affects the events that will transpire there. You all help create the environment where old friendships are rekindled, engagement rings are presented, birthdays and anniversaries are celebrated. You help create a space where the uptight can be more free with a buck and a smile...where the rushed can slow down and see how much their children mean to them...where friends go to enjoy each other's company outside the normal traffic of life. Thank you. You are deeply appreciated. In the heat of day to day working, it would be easy to forget that you make dreams come true. Don't forget. We don't forget you. Again, thanks.

lighteningqueen
09-13-2010, 12:43 AM
These are my thanks..

Often forgotten they are there

Restroom attendants thank you so much for flushing the toilets when guest think they are on vacation and just do not have to. Thank you for cleaning up after them...

Bus people who have to clean up the messes left on the floor and around the tables after we have left from eating.

Package pick up people at the resorts. you do a great job getting us our correct items and if not you try till you do..

CM's on Main street when paranoid people like me know that a tornado has been spotted and you tell me not to worry that it will all be ok. That doors will open up everywhere and we will be taken underground. THANK YOU!! It saved my day to enjoy myself.

Check In clerks who try their hardest to get us in the section we want at our resort and the room we prefer even if you cannot find the right one for us because they are all booked. Thank you so very much

Magical Express bus Driver for getting us to the parks in a safe manner and knowing we wish you would floor board it but really want to get there in one piece. Thank you for all that you do as well.

Most of all Thank You Walt for Building and providing a place to all of us that have many worries and problems back at home but once you hit those grounds .....Its like what heaven will be. magical. Thanks so much Walt and his family for letting him do this.

SandmanGStefani24
09-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Most of all Thank You Walt for Building and providing a place to all of us that have many worries and problems back at home but once you hit those grounds .....Its like what heaven will be. magical. Thanks so much Walt and his family for letting him do this.

best one yet!

cheers:beer:

lighteningqueen
09-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Thank You!!! But it is how I really feel so many are left out of the list of good doers.Even the guys who have the little broom and the scooper. Someone will look right at him and throw trash on the ground or leave it on a bench and think nothing of it... But the restroom attendants really need to be paid more than anyone.. Just because you are not home and on vacation does not mean you can be rude and un hygenic when you are away. Those people work very hard..to make it a clan place to use.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks for keeping the parks magical...I actually sent a letter to the management last trip thanking specific CM's and was told a letter would be placed in their files...I think special CM's should be recognized:mickey:

DisneyDINK
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Here's a shout out to the CMs on the boats (DHS to Epcot, etc.). I've been on a few where the crew reads trivia and gives out prizes. I love it when CMs do somethng they aren't required to do that makes you day just a bit more magical.

Goes4FastPass
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
I once tipped a server at Tusker House extra because the family at the next table left a giant mess.

kemps@wdw
09-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I truly hope that some CMs are on Intercot reading this post, and can relay these thanks to those who are not. It is impossible for us, as guests, to thank ALL of the CMs that make our stay @ WDW so magical, for theirs is a long, hard, and sometimes thankless task. They see the best and worst of people. I can only assume, for most of them, that they really enjoy what they do or they wouldn't be there! And I really try to say Thank You to as many as I possible can. So from my family to to you...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! To all of the CMs in front and behind the scenes. Especially for those who go above and beyond to make things extra magical. :thumbsup:

Laughin' place
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Thank you for working hard so that others may live a dream. Thank you for doing such a good job, and making it look like fun, to the extent that some of us actually dream of retiring and doing your jobs. You must be making a hard job look fun and effortless, that so many of us daydream about trading places with you. As a matter of fact, if any CM with an especially fun job (cool costumes, working with animals or making magic a plus) would like swap jobs, there's a whole file cabinet full of ugly divorces waiting here for you...:D

Daisy'sMom
09-14-2010, 01:58 PM
The CMs that I think deserve the thanks - the people that fight to keep the bathrooms clean. What a thankless and nasty job. Whenever I see them, I can't help but think how hard it must be. They deserve any raises and perks that they can get.:mickey:

debandbub
09-14-2010, 05:48 PM
We leave one month from today (but hey, who's really counting?) :number1: Would it be weird if we printed up some business card-size little notes thanking cast members and just handed them out? I always feel like I am "sucking up" when I want to thank people, but it truly is sincere. I am so grateful for the work that everyone does, and I want to acknowledge it. Any ideas?

PS- thanks for starting this thread- I love reading about the good stuff!! I really believe that you get back whatever you put out- put out good thoughts and good things happen!

faline
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
We leave one month from today (but hey, who's really counting?) :number1: Would it be weird if we printed up some business card-size little notes thanking cast members and just handed them out?

I did read of an Intercotee who did exactly this and felt that cast members truly appreciated it!

celebrationasheley
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
To WDW during 9/11. 9/11 was my last day of vacation and I was supposed to check out very early and catch my plane at 9:55. We were stranded on property and Disney covered everything from food to park entry to our room stay(until 9/14). The Disney resort put up EVERY SINGLE airline's flight departures in their main lobby.
All those cast members that put on a happy face for all the guests that day, when believe me, I just wanted to be home. They were AMAZING.
I applaud Disney.

Jimminy
09-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I love the Cast members.
Thank you to all the Cm's!

AdventurerKim
09-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I would thank Lamont in Epcot for the Captain EO memories of his announcements before and after the movie. We will never forget him or his humor. I would also thank the CM who got a van for us Thanksgiving Day 2006 when I got sick at the Cape May that took us back to POP instead of me having to get to the Studios or Epcot and wait for and get a bus. And a giant thank you to all CM's past and present for all of the fantastic memories over the last 30+ years. They truly are magic. :tink:

Goes4FastPass
09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I appreciate great, enthusiastic, above and beyond service when I visit WDW and I am always ready to tip cash to people who are allowed to accept tips.

Nut4DW
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Last Fall, my best friend and I decided to spend our birthdays at DW - she is two days older than me. Since we were celebrating number "nifty" DW seemed like the perfect place to go. We were so right - everywhere we went the cms were wonderful to us. The greeter at the American Pavilion pulled us over to the phone so we could hear a happy birthday from Mickey - that's cool even to us old gals...one CM gave us extra dessert at Pizaffari...others just commented on how cool it was to have birthdays so close together - and almost every cm we encounted told us happy birthday. We never once stopped to think about our age because everyone was so wonderful to us. On my birthday I found a towel birthday cake in my room - it really made my day a little extra special. It was indeed a very magical trip - and much of that was because of the wonderful people who work at WDW.

alaMode
09-17-2010, 11:45 PM
I'd like to thank the CMs who go out of their way to make my son feel respected and included. He has a physical disability and out in the "real world" people often talk to me instead of him, assuming that he won't understand. Even worse, some people stop and stare but don't even attempt to be friendly. It can be very disheartening for him.

At WDW, the CMs treat my son with respect and always engage directly with him. The characters are especially great at this!

So, thank you! You are the MAIN reason we will continue to spend time at WDW year after year!

finaldynasty
12-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Thank you for helping make all our dreams come true!! I know it is hard to be a CM, but we all appreciate you.

mainemajor
12-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for keeping the parks magical...I actually sent a letter to the management last trip thanking specific CM's and was told a letter would be placed in their files...I think special CM's should be recognized:mickey:

What a great thing to have done. Thank you for having done so. I will make sure I do the same after future trips

ransam
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
what a great post...

forever a child
02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
:thanks:
Thank you CM's for all the hard work that you do to make every visit special. I especially enjoy seeing the Internationals and the retired Seniors. They are always cheerful and welcoming.

Thank you to all the people who do tireless jobs late at night or early in the morning so that the Parks are clean, the bathrooms are clean, the buses and resorts are clean, and so that my room is clean!

I am thankful for the meals you prepare. The safe travel from airports to our resorts and to and from the parks each day!

Mousekeeping is great and I know it is a hard job ~ Thank You! (I have cleaned houses while in college and it is back breaking to do day in and day out!).

Thank you to those who are behind the scenes to make our trips memorable. I especially love the Fast Pass Photographers...we love our photos together. WDW is about the only time I like getting my photo taken...cause it is the best time when I feel like being a kid again!

I could go on and on....Thank you to all of the great Cast Members out there. :mickey:

jimsgal05
02-28-2011, 10:01 AM
thank you CM for doing a great job wearing hot uniforms and dance costumes just put a smaile o a stranger face... Also thank you for telling me where the best place to stand for the parade and what time...

But to a very special Cm for getting a signature of Meeko the racoon for my daughter...
it really made her day/year!!!

keep doing the little things in life cause that is what really matters..
~~ May YOUR dreams come True!!!

ransam
02-28-2011, 07:04 PM
i think that everytime i go, i am happy to be there. and i always do my best to show appreciation to each cast memeber and many of the other travelers. that's part of the fun.

johnO
02-28-2011, 08:22 PM
CM's really make a difference.

finaldynasty
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
After giving this more thought, I'd like to thanks the CM's who are ride operators. Thank you for helping us to have a ball when I'm sure at some point you would like to ride...EE, ToT, TSM, SM, PPF, Dumbo, HM, MS, SE, etc.

For watching all of us have fun while you work...Thank you!

:mickey: