PDA

View Full Version : At the Junk Store!!!

Urbss
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
So, there is this place not far from where I live where they sell all sorts of stuff. There are old 78 records, furniture, ancient books and nicknacks, YOU NAME IT!!

I haven't been there in years, but I like these kind of places because you never know what you might find. I like Yard Sales too.

Anyway, my DW and DS went to check out this local junk store. Right after entering, I walked past the front display cases (wanting to check out the knives and stuff) and there hanging on some sort of something was a DVC lanyard with 8 pins on it. I ask the old guy standing there what he wanted for it (there was no price). He looked it over (like he never saw it before) and stated $1.00 per pin. Okay, that seemed fair to me so I asked how much for the whole thing (lanyard included) and he said he would give me a deal.

Well, I don't know what I paid for it because my wife bought several unused gift bags, a few books, and something else. My son bought a ball, a patriotic pin, a few kids books. And there were a few other items that I can't recal right now and he gave me the whole lot for $8.00. I paid him in Fifty Cent Pieces and he was tickled pink (I bet they are now in the display case even though they are not worth anything more than face value)!!

So, always keep your eye open. I have 8 new pins for my collection that are all from around 2003 to 2004!!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Tom

LVT
09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Great catch. I fear I would have missed them.

Ms. Mode
09-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Did you get anything good, as in "keepable"?

I find even when I buy in cheap bulk that there are a few I just can't give up. :mickey: