PDA

View Full Version : Early November Crowds & Weather

Gator
09-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like I can't make it back to WDW for at least another year. So I'm in the planning stages to go around the second or third week in November of next year. I've been in early Dec, mid-January, and the first week of Feb - the crowds have been manageble to great and the weather has been chilly to slightly warm with no humidity. How does mid-November compare? Also, do they refurb many rides during this time? Thanks.

ibrowse17
09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
We went over Veteran's Day a few years ago. The weather was wonderful. Warm but not hot during the day, and cool but not cold at night. The crowds were a bit heavier than I had expected, but still not bad. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

Gregandmel
09-11-2010, 03:07 PM
REgardless of when you go, Gator......Splash Mountain will be undergoing refurbishment:rotfl::laughing: (Ok...you know I'm only kiddin' ya about that! LOL)

Strmchsr
09-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Weather is variable. Just check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central to see what I mean.

Crowds aren't bad. Better than December.

As for refurbs, they don't do a lot of them in November, but November seems to be a popular time to take something down for a week or two in preparation for the big Christmas season.

Gator
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
REgardless of when you go, Gator......Splash Mountain will be undergoing refurbishment:rotfl::laughing: (Ok...you know I'm only kiddin' ya about that! LOL)

That's just wrong, man.

Gregandmel
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
That's just wrong, man.

Sorry.....couldn't help myself. :hide2:

Here's hoping to NO refurbs during your trip....I can't wait to hear when your daughter is able to experience Splash Mountain! I know you are looking forward to it. Have a fabulous time! :thumbsup:

JerseyDad
09-11-2010, 06:38 PM
....we've generally been at WDW the first week of Nov...and the crowds are...well....not what I consider to be "crowds". (A 15 min wait for most attractions is perfectly reasonable for me)....I'll probably be spoiled from here on out...being that I was at WDW a week ago..and there was at most...a 10 min wait during the week.

....most of the people I've spoken with said that until Thanksgiving...the crowds are not bad...and I KNOW first hand that the weather is GREAT!!!( +/-80 during day...low 60's at night...and NO humidity)

Tinkerbella16
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Our usual time to go to WDW is during November and specifically the 2nd week so we don't run into the thanksgiving week crowds. We love going that week each year.. our next trip we had to switch it up a bit and we're going at the end of August now instead due to school and all. But November is a great time to go. The weather is great, it barely ever rains, and the crowds are very light. It is warm during the day and cools down at night so you can be comfortable with a hoodie and jeans in the evenings...I love that...not sweating and being uncomfortable every day. Its our favorite time to go! :mickey:

Stu29573
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
We are going this year from November 17 to November 24 (first time in November). I have been tossing around the shorts vs jeans issue. I'm pretty hot natured, so I think shorts would be fine for me, but my wife is pretty cold natured, so I think I'll suggest jeans for her. Does this sound reasonable?

Strmchsr
09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Does this sound reasonable?

Not yet. Planning how you'll dress now for November is impossible. For the summer, yes, but November is too variable. You'll need to wait until a week or two beforehand and check the forecast before being able to know how to dress then.

Stu29573
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Not yet. Planning how you'll dress now for November is impossible. For the summer, yes, but November is too variable. You'll need to wait until a week or two beforehand and check the forecast before being able to know how to dress then.

Got it! Thanks!

Jared
09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I can't speak about the weather situation as knowledgeably as Chris can, but I suspect you will find the parks relatively uncrowded. Schools start gearing up for the end of the semester that month, especially with Thanksgiving looming. Of course, empty parks mean closed attractions. As someone who also always seems to catch my favorite ride on property, Splash Mountain, during a refurbishment, I feel your pain, Gator.

jillluvsdisney
09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I've been 4 times in early November the past 10 years. The weather was warm, sunny and not very humid.
You may hear a lot of people mention "Jersey Week". That seems to be when a lot of schools have conventions so many people take advantage of their kids being off for a few days and head to WDW. The crowds were moderate butr we ran into tons of people from Jersey.:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I've been 4 times in early November the past 10 years. The weather was warm, sunny and not very humid.
You may hear a lot of people mention "Jersey Week". That seems to be when a lot of schools have conventions so many people take advantage of their kids being off for a few days and head to WDW. The crowds were moderate butr we ran into tons of people from Jersey.:mickey:

Yes as they have stated, Jersey Week is the first week of November. Schools are closed and teachers are at conventions, so many families from NJ take their kids to WDW that week. I know because I live in NJ and my parents did the same for us when we were in school.. we always went during Jersey Week. Its not crowded in WDW that week.. you will just find that A LOT of people will be from NJ. No worries about that! :mickey:

mickeyman42
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM
we went last year nov 9-16th and other than 1 day it was nice, warm all day and needed a light jacket/hoodie in the evening. Now warm for us is 20-24C, but it was warm enough for water parks. Crowds were light in our opinion, and we have been in may and april before that. most rides were 5-10 minutes (except for the usuals, TSM, Soarin, PP).

On the "one day" (which was our first full day) we had nothing but RDF (rain, drizzle and fog for you non-newfies) and it was easily less than 10 degrees celcius and we froze, but thankfully it was only 1 day.

No major refurbishments going on then either, nothing seasonal per se (other than Space mountain, but that was a long one anyway) and osbourne lights were up and running also