PDA

View Full Version : ...is better than my best day at work.

Gator
09-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I just posted this on another thread and thought it would be funny to hear how your worst moment at WDW is still better than work.

Standing in line for an hour at Dumbo is still better than my best day at work.:mickey:

Mickeydream
09-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Turning green on the Teacups :sick: is better than my best day at work.

Gator
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Turning green on the Teacups :sick: is better than my best day at work.

LOL! That's a close one. :ack:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Doing laundry at the resort....(of course its next to the bar and pool:D)

AgentP
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Trying to clean up a fussy toddler after eating a Mickey Ice Cream in 90 degree heat is still better than my best day at work. :mickey:

rkmemkc
09-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Standing on a crowded monorail after an amazing full day at Magic Kingdom is still better than my best day at work.
:grouphug:

sorcerer fan
09-11-2010, 04:58 PM
waiting for the bus back to the resort at the end of the day in the rain at MK in the impossibly huge line is better than the best day at work!:thumbsup:

IamaDisneyFan
09-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Having my ankles clipped by the stroller behind me because my power walk to Toy Story Mania still isn't fast enough for them is still better! :mickey:

waymickey
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
sweating in 100 degree weather with my shirt stuck to my back as I wait for the bus is still WAY better than the very best day at work.

CanadaLovesDisney
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Hopping on the bus and sitting down on a seat that someone either really sweaty or someone who was at a water park has just got up from is STILL better than the best day at work!

disneymom2000
09-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Having just missed the last fastpass for the day at Toy Story Mania is still better than my best day at work.:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
09-11-2010, 10:43 PM
We were stuck on the bridge walkway with my dad who was in a wheelchair for 90 minutes couldn't move an inch...on new years eve...during the afternoon parade...as we thought we would take a short cut from liberty tree to big thunder mountain...although frightening, still better than my best day at work, and one of my favorite memories.

kemps@wdw
09-11-2010, 10:44 PM
There is no "worst" day @ WDW. :D

SandmanGStefani24
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
getting woken up way too early by the thin walls at the value results is still better than being woken up the the alarm clock telling me its almost time for work

at least at POP I can go back to sleep...
:cloud9:

DisneyFr33k
09-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Taking my son to Celebration Hospital via ambulance :ambal: at 11pm (for what ended up being a bad an ear infection), not returning to my resort until 4am is close, but still better than my best day at work..... but know I teach middle schooers. :teach:

By the way, Disney was FANTASTIC. They paid for the ambulance ride to the hospital and the cab ride back. They also made sure the antibiotics were delivered, and when they were late, they added an extra counter service meal to our dining plan for free. And, as we hung out waiting in our rooms for the meds (my son was still sleepy, feverish and in pain), they called several times to check on him and offered room service for anything we needed. If you have to be sick, Disney is great at taking care of you!

mainemajor
09-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Being stuck with a million singing dolls for over a half hour in Small World is better than a any day at work

TheVBs
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
So funny! Love all these responses. :mickey:

Drinking the yucky coffee at WDW is still better than starting a normal day here at home with the best coffee.

debandbub
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Counting down how much money I've spent already is still better than payday at work! :spend:

Jared
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Forcing food from ABC Commissary down my throat is better than my worst day at work.

I think. Maybe. Tough call.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Forcing food from ABC Commissary down my throat is better than my worst day at work.

I think. Maybe. Tough call.

:rotfl:

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Picking up the slack for three other people on a four person surrey bike, going uphill, in 95 degree heat and humidity, bickering with my wife, and knowing that I actually paid for this nonsense...really is better than my best day at work. Seriously. :drama:

W24toISMdirect
09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
If your WORST moments at WDW are better than your BEST moments at work... you need a new job and some perspective.

This is not of course to say that my WORST moments at WDW are not better than my WORST moments at work, or that my WORST moments at WDW are FAR less frequent than my WORST moments at work. But my BEST moments at work are the whole reason I do what I do, and ultimately more rewarding that any vacation.

Jared
09-13-2010, 01:15 PM
If your WORST moments at WDW are better than your BEST moments at work... you need a new job and some perspective.
I suspect the original poster started this thread as a joke to provide a forum for funny answers. I doubt many people who responded truly believe what they wrote. ;)

PinKy
09-13-2010, 02:06 PM

This is not of course to say that my WORST moments at WDW are not better than my WORST moments at work, or that my WORST moments at WDW are FAR less frequent than my WORST moments at work. But my BEST moments at work are the whole reason I do what I do, and ultimately more rewarding that any vacation.

I think this post is meant to be fun and amusing - not critical. And good for you.

My answer:

Rushing two ice-cream-sticky, overly tired, wailing toddlers back to the resort for naptime in crowds is still better than my best day at work!

Imagineer1981
09-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Carrying my passed out 2 year old while pushing the stroller filled with 5 bags all the way to the last bus stop for Pop Century at Epcot in 100+ degree weather with 80% humidity is still better!

Gator
09-13-2010, 04:45 PM

How can any moment at work be better than any moment at WDW. When I have a good moment at work, all it does is make me think of how I'll be getting more money to go back to WDW.

=> Waiting for the bus to MK for 20 minutes and watching 3 ECVers with families of 10+ quickly come up and fill up the enitre bus (easliy my worst moment at WDW) is still WAAAAAAYYYYY better than my best day at work.

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
I doubt many people who responded truly believe what they wrote. ;)

No, actually, I was serious. :yes: lol

Melanie
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Picking up the slack for three other people on a four person surrey bike, going uphill, in 95 degree heat and humidity, bickering with my wife, and knowing that I actually paid for this nonsense...really is better than my best day at work. Seriously. :drama:

And that's hilarious, because I feel your pain now and felt your pain when reading your trip report. :D

Melanie
09-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Sounds Dangerous is better than my best day at work.

I think. Wait. I'll get back to you on that one.

W24toISMdirect
09-13-2010, 05:29 PM
How can any moment at work be better than any moment at WDW.

I'll explain: first of all W24 and ISM (as in W24toISMDirect) are airports ISM is Kissimee Gateway or the airport nearest WDW. W24 is the airport I happen to work at... sometimes work means running errands...in a an airplane... on the company's dollar. :plane:

That said suffering through Fantasmic! which I don't like anyway... in pouring down rain... is still better than showing up to the airport at 5am this morning prep a plane for an early flight (esspecially being that it's now 13 hours later and I'm still here, and I didn't get fly today, which is probably good sense I'm falling asleep).

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I'll explain: first of all W24 and ISM (as in W24toISMDirect) are airports ISM is Kissimee Gateway or the airport nearest WDW. W24 is the airport I happen to work at... sometimes work means running errands...in a an airplane... on the company's dollar. :plane:

That said suffering through Fantasmic! which I don't like anyway... in pouring down rain... is still better than showing up to the airport at 5am this morning prep a plane for an early flight (esspecially being that it's now 13 hours later and I'm still here, and I didn't get fly today, which is probably good sense I'm falling asleep).

You are lucky to have such a fulfilling career. Mine is boring and not so fulfilling. On the bright side, it pays for the mortgage...and my WDW trips. I'd still rather watch Circle of Life for 8 hourse than go to work. :mickey:

Jared
09-13-2010, 06:03 PM
No, actually, I was serious. :yes: lol
Part of me wants to know how you found yourself in that position.

On second thought...

darthmacho
09-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Part of me wants to know how you found yourself in that position.

On second thought...

Well, the surrey bike incident really happened, and my job is pretty mundane. It's not horrible, just unfulfilling. Sadly, it's the best job I've ever had. Haha. I work for the USPS by the way. :mickey:

Jared
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Well, the surrey bike incident really happened, and my job is pretty mundane. It's not horrible, just unfulfilling. Sadly, it's the best job I've ever had. Haha. I work for the USPS by the way. :mickey:
I meant the surrey bike situation! That sounds terrifying!

USPS? Can I call you Newman from now on?

How often do you hear a stupid joke like that?

dixielandings
09-14-2010, 12:12 AM
So funny! Love all these responses. :mickey:

Drinking the yucky coffee at WDW is still better than starting a normal day here at home with the best coffee.

The view from Main Street makes everything taste AWESOME!

I actually really love my job so I'll just say that the worst experiences at Disney (Land and World) are always overshadowed for me by my sheer joy at being there. :mickey:

W24toISMdirect
09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
You are lucky to have such a fulfilling career. Mine is boring and not so fulfilling. On the bright side, it pays for the mortgage...and my WDW trips. I'd still rather watch Circle of Life for 8 hourse than go to work. :mickey:

Well... on the downside I only get to fly on the company dollar when a plane needs moved to another location, or when the payroll get's screwed up and checks have to be hand delivered... I won't REALLY get to fly for living until I finish another $50,000 worth of training after which I'll get to make next to nothing for around 5 years doing 61/91 work before I can and a 135/121 first officer job which starts out making about as much as a Wal-Mart greeter... in the hopes of one day landing a good job in on of the most high-stress, high-risk industries there is..

...AND when my 3 year has a potty accident and I have nothing to change him into... at least I don't have to worry about all of that for a week!

kimlovesdisney
09-14-2010, 12:14 PM

to the USPS person!
HEEEELLLLLOOOOO NEWMAN!

Laughin' place
09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
even the long drive or flight home, dreading the unpacking and laundry that follows, is better than my beset day at work

darthmacho
09-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Haha, not too often really. Newman was a mail carrier, I'm what they call a mailhandler, an even lamer job where I shuffle your packages around all night on a machine that sorts them, lol. It's actually not that bad of a job, just horrifyingly boring, and doesn't feel all that fulfilling. I suppose I'd rather be designing WDW rides, but I'm sure it's not as fun as it sounds either. :mickey:

xo0ally
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Getting stuck on a bus with foreign tour groups chanting their songs after a long day in the park is still better than my best day at work :mickey:

Septbride2002
09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm going to remember this thread when I'm in Disney soon. I'm worried I'm going to have some in-law issues that are going to keep me from having magical days. :secret:

AdventurerKim
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Walking around any park in sweltering humidity and heat, sweating profusely and parched, looking for an open drink cart is always better than my best day at work.

Gator
09-16-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm going to remember this thread when I'm in Disney soon. I'm worried I'm going to have some in-law issues that are going to keep me from having magical days. :secret:

Oh, that's brutal. I had those same issues at Hawaii. Never went back. Course, that has a lot to do with all my money going to WDW. I hope it's better than your best day at work.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Standing outside the turnstiles because you mis read the opening times, thinking the EMH opening time is for everyone and watching all these other people go through while you wait patiently (kinda)

TikiLounger
09-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Watching an entire Tour Group make it to the FastPass Line at Space Mountain about a half second before me is better than my best day at work.

BandMan
09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
One of my best days at work WAS at WDW, and no, I am not a cast member.

In 1992 I had the privilege of marching my high school band in the 3:00 parade. It was 92 degrees and we were in full dress uniform, :sun: :whew: but it was awesome. My band looked great, and we were treated like royalty by the huge crowd lining mainstreet.

I hope to take my group there at least once more in my career.

:flute: :drum: :play: :tuba: :old:

BigThunderFan
09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Standing in line next to a large sweaty hunk of meat that has no idea about personal space or has ever heard of deodorant is still better than any day at my work.

Gator
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Standing in line next to a large sweaty hunk of meat that has no idea about personal space or has ever heard of deodorant is still better than any day at my work.

Hey, now. Let's not bring my in-laws into this.:mickey: