PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please for Arrival Day ?

HeadFairyInCharge
09-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I am trying to decide on arrival day do we do the 1900 Park Fare Cinderella Gala Feast...or skip it and head to Hollywood Studios EMH Evening to do: Toy Story Mania(Never Done) and I really want to see the Osborne Spectacle after dark....:bolt:We are staying at the Grand Flo and not sure how long it would take us to get over to HS to see a few things....Probably only time we will get to see this park at night. Have plenty of Character meals planned, did the Castle meal last time, and this time booked both 1900 PF dinner and breakfast at Akershus so princesses will be covered here:princess: !!! Daughters age 7 and 4 have there requests noted. But I really want to see the Christmas Lights at Hollywood Studios, and wondering if the new show at Sorcerers Hat will run during the evening on an EMH night??? Can't get ADR for a TS meal at HS this night because of evening EMH I assume...and suggestions? :smickey:

Gator
09-11-2010, 01:36 PM
If you have daughters, you can't get enough Princess Meals. I think it would be a great plan to get in to the GF and have a great dinner. Then get some sleep and get ready for the hard week ahead.

Are you staying at WDW long enough to spend a day at the Studios? If so, you'll get to see the Osbourne lights at that point. However, if it's just a short trip and you can't spend a day at DHS, then go there on your first night.

I know your pain. Go to the parks, or have a nice dinner and relaxing evening. Again, I'd go with the dinner if you have time to hit DHS later in the week.

Urbss
09-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I think it would also depend on what time you would be able to get to HS. You might have to justify if it is worth burning the price of a day pass for only a few hours or something.

Also, from my experience the past two years (in the off-season), if you don't get to Toy Story Mania when the park first opens, then prepare to stand in line for 60-90 minutes (minimum). And, I've seen the fast passes sell out by lunch time.

Just a couple things to keep in mind. I know my family enjoys relaxing and not going to the parks on arrival day (and we get there before lunchtime) and the same on departure day.

Have Fun!!!

Jillirose
09-11-2010, 05:21 PM
With regards to HS and Toy Story Mania, it depends on how early you can arrive - we were there last FEB and fastpasses for Toy Story were sold out early in the day and the ride was 60 - 120 wait time for most of the day and night.

So, our strategy is the same as it is for Soarin' . We get there early, and grab a fast pass. We stand in line for the short time early on and then ride again on our fast pass.

Just a thought.

Janmac
09-11-2010, 06:12 PM
So much depends on the park hours and what time your ADR for 1900 Park Fare is.

The only time we did the Osbourne Lights there was quite a crowd. We were like sardines in a can except we were all shuffling along a street.

I'm wondering if you would enjoy the lights more if you went on your own? You would be able to enjoy the lights without trying to keep track of the rest of your group. Make an early ADR, enjoy supper with your girls, and then sprint, solo, to DHS.

We generally do join the Toy Story Mania dash, first thing at rope drop. On our late January trip we didn't get to TSM til about 9:30 am. The Fast Pass line wait was 20 minutes; Fast Passes were for noon to 1 pm, already. I forget what the standby line wait was.

Good luck

Jan

BigRedDad
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it would also depend on what time you would be able to get to HS. You might have to justify if it is worth burning the price of a day pass for only a few hours or something.

They are staying at GF, so $5 per person burn on a mutli-day pass is nothing.

It really depends on what time you are getting in. TSM may be a very long wait even with evening EMH. FPs will be gone and you would spend most of your EMH time sitting in a line.

I recommend enjoying the GF, 1900 Park Fare. If you find you want to burn some more time in the evening, hop on the monorail to CR and Poly. Enjoy the Electric Water Pageant.

HeadFairyInCharge
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the ideas...we have a 5 day park hopper and basically think we will not hit the parks before departure on last day , so I won't be wasting anything...but wondering if the 1900 Park Fare dinner is worth missing a night at DHS. Have to do a night at MK, another at Cirque Du Soliel, and also Cali Grill, we are avoiding 2 MVMCP nights at MK, been there didn't think it was worth fighting the crowds...

disneymom2000
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
If this may be the only time you will get to see the Studios at night - go for it. The holiday lights are something that shouldn't be missed, especially if you have never seen them before. I took my husband here a couple of visits ago (not something he would really pursue on his own) and he was so amazed by it that he told all his friends about it when we returned home. We also got a lot of photo ops that we would have missed if we would have skipped it. Not only that, a cold front hit while we were there and it made it feel just like Christmas.

crltkcagle
09-12-2010, 10:07 AM
IMO the dinner is not worth missing HS at night for the Christmas lights. It is a great dinner with Cindy and Prince Charming dancing around and the step mother and step sisters are hilarious. Since you've already done a dinner at the castle before and have some what experienced a princess meal I would skip 1900 and go for HS. Now you may not get on TSM if you get there late but you should be able to ride the other rides. Of course you could always take me with you and I could help you decide! LOL :D

HeadFairyInCharge
09-12-2010, 01:42 PM
critkcagle...awww wish you could be there, how are things in New Orleans,lots of friends from there told me it's been a rough few years.
Our first time at the Grand Flo so I am really trying to enjoy this trip. We are in need of an ADR to replace the Park fare meal...can't get into DHS anywhere...gotta think this out...definitely think I should plan on an early dinner and head to DHS by sundown for Extra magic hours...even if we skip the TSM ride..they have Wii game, don't think I will loose sleep over that, just want to see Christmas Lights and Music that I missed last time. I am flipping around some ideas, i need to find out what else runs during Evening Extra magic hours at the Studios...thanks :surf: