PDA

View Full Version : Electric Parade Route questions?

HeadFairyInCharge
09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Ok...So I am wondering has the Electric Parade which is now supposed to stay at Magic Kingdom replacing SpectroMagic ? Going back for a visit in November and wondering if we come out of Tony's Town Square after dinner at about 6:30ish where do you suggest we go to view the nightime parade and Wishes....they are both scheduled on a particular night we will be in MK. :mickey: I have never seen this parade and am wondering if the route is always the same and does it start in Frontierland or what? Trying to view both from somewhere good on Main Street. Last time saw "Wishes from the side, and barely could hear music and only half the castle was in view...but we did get to see Tink fly over our heads from the bridge going to Tomorrowland :tink:...Sweet !

09-11-2010, 01:28 PM
MSEP and Spectro start at the Firehouse in Town Sq. and exit out by Splash in Frontierland.

Best place to watch Wishes is about halfway between Casey's/Icecream and Cindrella Castle on the Main St. bridge.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I watched MSELP over in Frontierland and the crowds were fairly light. Then I ran over towards CP & watched the fireworks by Casey's.

disneymom2000
09-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I have settled myself in a great place at least an hour prior to the parade & Wishes on Main Street several times and have never failed to have the worst view due to people coming and standing in front of me as the show starts. I am thinking of actually moving away from Main street this next visit and maybe not getting a direct view but at least maybe I'll get to see more than I have before. :(

HeadFairyInCharge
09-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Thats what I am worried about....We got a adr for dinner at Tony's Town Square and I hope to walk out on the porch and see the parade :mickey:...then maybe just walk out onto Main Street somewhere to see "WISHES" but after the parade I am afraid loads of people will already be in place...as always an hour before the parade and fireworks.
They turn the lights out on Main Street just before the show starts, so we won't be going to far into the park unless we have time. Last time we were at Tony's we waited a long time to be seated...then a long time to get served our dinner, so not sure how this will go:confused:

dixielandings
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Just to clarify - I think the PPs are saying this and I concur: the best viewing spot for Wishes is along the bridge to Tomorrowland, close to the hub - or anywhere inside the hub on the Tomorrowland side. Great view of the Castle and the sky above, plus Tink flies right over your head there. The fireworks are not shot from directly behind the center of the Castle, but rather off to the side of Fantasyland toward Frontierland. So that's why being on the Tomorrowland side gives you the best view.

We've learned that you have to kind of be defensive about your spots when viewing parades and fireworks. If there's any space in front of or near you, you can bet that right when the show starts, some body will shove their entire family into that space, no matter how small it may be. It's unfortunate but predictable.

09-14-2010, 12:52 AM
The fireworks are not shot from directly behind the center of the Castle, but rather off to the side of Fantasyland toward Frontierland.

Actually, the overhead (highest) fireworks launch directly behind the Castle, about 1/4 mile to the north. If you were to stand at the Train Station, look directly at the Castle and could see "through it", if you looked about 1/4 mile past the Castle, through the trees, etc., you would see the launching tubes. The public can actually drive right past them during the day as this is a county road.

You can also see this on Google Earth. The current view was actually taken from Fall 2009 as the new retention pond area that was made north of the tunnel entrance was under construction at that time for the Fantasyland refurb and you can see some preliminary earthwork being done near the "meet and greet" areas in Toontown.

The other lower displays are launched from the roof areas of buildings in both Tomorrowland and the Liberty Sq. area.

The display is best viewed from the Main St. North area, with my personal favorite area (watched them over 150 times from that area in 2009 - never got or gets old to me) being the Main St. Bridge about halfway between Casey's / Ice Cream and the Hub. At that point on the bridge you are still looking "uphill" and from there it is "downhill" toward the Hub. You really need to be north (toward the Castle) of the buildings to get the whole view.

If you hang around the sidewalk areas of the bridge after the parade the CM's will do "2 way" traffic in this area on the street and at about the 5 minute to go announcement, they will let people on the East side come out into the street to the Trolley tracks and on the West side to come out to the tape line about 10 feet or so from the Trolley tracks.

brivers222
09-15-2010, 11:19 AM
how do people get outside seating for Tony's?

We have ADR's, do we just show up a bit earlier and ask the seater?