Melanie
09-11-2010, 10:14 AM
And let's not forget the Pentagon...

John
09-11-2010, 10:19 AM
and Shanksville, PA - Flight 93

Ed
09-11-2010, 12:36 PM
In those dark days following 9-11-01, one of the main things that remains firmly in my mind is how many Intercot members adopted some of the words from the Illuminations song, "We Go On", as their signatures.

With the stillness of the night
There comes a time to understand
To reach out and touch tomorrow
Take the future in our hand.

We can see a new horizon
Built on all that we have done
And our dreams begin
Another thousand circles 'round the sun.

We go on
To the joy and through the tears
We go on
To discover new frontiers
Moving on
With the current of the years.

We go on
Moving forward, now as one
Moving on
With a spirit born to run
Ever on
With each rising sun.

To a new day
We go on.

We go on.
I still get emotional, and probably always will, every single time I hear that song at Epcot. :(

ibrowse17
09-11-2010, 02:53 PM
:ditto:

Our thoughts are with those that lost someone that day, and our pride is with those that came to the rescue:flag:

yjgirl32
09-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I will never forget the sight of those airplanes hitting the towers/Pentagon/ in the field of Pa- but I will also never forget the image of Americans helping one another- showing our support for one another and crying with one another. God bless everyone.

PirateLover
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. What stirring pictures. Each year I sit down and watch 9/11 programming and at some point am brought to tears. I will never forget how I felt that day as long as I live. I can't believe 9 years have passed already. I hope I never live to see another tragedy like this again.

badkitty
09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with all those that lost a loved-one during that terrible tragedy. It was so horrible to see it happen on tv and I can't imagine how awful it was for the those in NYC. Seeing these photos also makes me very emotional as does "We Go On".

We will never forget.

God Bless America.

JPL
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I am reminded every morning on my way to work looking at an empty Skyline and passing a Memorial made of a simple piece of steel from the Towers. Hard to believe 9 years has past I can still remember that morning like it was yesterday.

A Big Kid
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Lives werent "lost" in that day. Lives were taken.

magicofdisney
09-12-2010, 12:30 PM
*Like*

princessgirls
09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
I often reflect on 9/11. I live 20 miles or so from NYC in Northern NJ. So many lives so terribly changed. People I knew died.

I was 7 months pregnant with Madison, Morgan was 11 months old. I was watching the Today show as the horror unfolded, and I just felt so helpless, scared and confused. Wondering why I did bring children in this world NOW.
When I had Madison that December, there were two 9/11 widows also having kids in the hospital. I was so sad for them. One of them lives close to me, and I think of her every time I pass her home.
I continue to pray for healing. I have personally seen the sadness and devastation that this tragedy has had on the families.
Continue to remember, reflect and Pray!
I have a beautiful picture of the Twin Towers in my kitchen taken by my husband three weeks before 9/11 while out in the Hudson. It is a reminder to me that Life can Change in the blink of an eye.
Julie:mickey:

Ian
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Just a bit more 9/11 food for thought ... the accepted death toll for that day is almost always referenced as 3,000.

However, current estimates of lives lost as a direct result of the terror attacks on 9/11 actually put the number at nearly three times that many ... 9,000.

princessgirls
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Just a bit more 9/11 food for thought ... the accepted death toll for that day is almost always referenced as 3,000.

However, current estimates of lives lost as a direct result of the terror attacks on 9/11 actually put the number at nearly three times that many ... 9,000.

So so sad. I wonder how many people died of a broken heart or lost their desire to go on and let their health go, or suicide to just be done with the pain.
I do know that there have been a good number of First Responders who have passed away due to illnesses related to working at Ground Zero.
Finally the City is acknowledging them as victims as well.