PDA

View Full Version : Who just got back? Were the parks crowded with Free Dining?

Minniefan68
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
This is our first time to take a trip in Sept. We are a little nervous that the parks will be more crowded with the free dining offer.

Anyone shed some light on recent conditions?

Thanks!!!:mickey:

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-10-2010, 02:01 PM
We were just there from Sept 1 thru Sept 6th and the crowds and wait times didn't seem to bad. We had ADRs for all our dining, but while checking in many of the restaurant were taking walk ups, although it was going to be an hour or more wait for them. In some cases, later at night, Standby lines were shorter than FP lines.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
We were there last month for the start of free dining and the crowds weren't bad. The restaurants were busy but we were still able to switch ressies one night for another restaurant and we were a party of 7 at that time.

BellesRose
09-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I was there the 8th through today. Most of the rides were 5 minutes or less. Downtown Disney was packed. Yesterday, Toy Story Mania said it was a 60 minute wait but ended up being 30 minutes. That was the longest wait we encountered in 4 days. I do think crowds were picking up today and we didn't do any fireworks shows or parades so I can't offer any ideas on the crowds there...sorry. We didn't make any reservations for meals and didn't have any waits except for a couple of minutes at Beaches n Cream and there was about a 45 minute wait at T-Rex. We had 9 in our party and they were calling TONS of names and they were all large parties, so I was impressed that it was only 45 minutes...and like I said, DTD was packed in general.

sisterdisco
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
My parents are there now....they say it is virtually empty....

Disneyfirsttimer
09-12-2010, 10:18 PM
We just got back today (9/8-9/12). Parks emptier than we have ever seen. We had near walk ons for most of the big ones. Longer waits for Soarin and Toy Story Mania. It was awesome! Have a great trip.

BellesRose
09-12-2010, 11:07 PM
We just got back today (9/8-9/12). Parks emptier than we have ever seen. We had near walk ons for most of the big ones. Longer waits for Soarin and Toy Story Mania. It was awesome! Have a great trip.
Soarin! I forgot that one! I was in a wheelchair that day so I was sitting and forgot about the lines. I was there the same exact days you were :party:

spoiledraf
09-14-2010, 08:06 AM
We'll be there the 19th thru 23rd. I pray they stay empty next week as I've opted to bypass the big lines so as not to ruin my grandkids trip. Haven't made it on Tower of Terror in six visits!
Will this be the year????? Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!:D

crazeedizneefinatic
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I am hoping for low crowds too. We leave on thursday and are staying 11 days.

BellesRose
09-15-2010, 01:31 AM
We'll be there the 19th thru 23rd. I pray they stay empty next week as I've opted to bypass the big lines so as not to ruin my grandkids trip. Haven't made it on Tower of Terror in six visits!
Will this be the year????? Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Tower of Terror was a 13 minute wait last Saturday. Pretty good for a weekend, if you ask me!

WDWCrazyKaren
09-15-2010, 09:07 AM
I love when it's a 13 minute wait for TOT! :D

Mousemates
09-15-2010, 09:42 AM
We were there from the sixth through the twelfth and found ride waits to be almost non-existant for most rides (with the exception of TSM and Soarin, and Test Track which had posted peaktime waits of 60 minutes). However, by using fastpasses we road each of those rides at least three times on our days in the parks and never stood in line for anything more than 15 to 20 minutes.

As for the restaurants, while most were maxed out during the prime eating times...during the early and late times in the various meal slots there appeared to be tables avaialbe at most places (with the exception of Via Napoli which seemed pretty well packed whenever we went by).

spoiledraf
09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
So I guess that means just because you can't get a seat at you favorite restaurant you wont have nearly as much trouble getting a seat on your favorite ride. Hope that holds true next week as I believe GA. Schools are off the 20th thru the 25th.:confused: